Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th April 2006, 08:16   #3286
Senior - BHPian

my HU has 3 outs. I am worried if I GET a Alpine with one out
Old 26th April 2006, 09:13   #3287
Team-BHP Support

JK you are funny guy. you got a HU with 3 outs so why worry!
Old 26th April 2006, 14:26   #3288

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble
Navinji ne Guru bola hai to thoda paka hi daalta hun!

What optimum frequency are you talking about here? Maybe I missed a previous post of yours but I assume you're talking about the frequency response. Most companies B.S. you about the frequency response. In fact I had read an Alpine catalog which stated the freq. response of a component system as 5Hz - 1,00,000 Hz!!! Of course it didnt have the brackets at the end specifying +/- how many dB, or that would have run into 6 digits too! Don't bother about the freq. response, mostly at similar price points, speakers do almost the same thing.

I have no clue about the patent on the cones, Sam should answer that to your heart's content.

Please read my bhashan about apples and oranges..oops, crossovers and equalizers here.. http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-en...bwoofer-7.html

dB on the crossovers is the slope at which the crossover is operating. Again, not something you need to worry about. If the manufacturer set it at 12dB/ octave, he's probably doing whats best for his speakers.

No special head unit required for 'implementing' the components. Just a decent installer, and he'll implement it so good you'll have to compliment him. Put the tweeter ideally a bit closer to the midwoofer for better results.

60x4 is the HU's peak power output, real rms output at 4ohms is usually like 18-20W. Thats how much juice you gonna get to feed your speakers.

You can connect all the tweeters and the subs and woofers to your head unit, a good installer would know how to. In fact you can connect just about anything to a head unit, I have a friend who has toasters in the front and a pair of washing machines in the rear, and boy you can have some nice sandwiches as your clothes are getting done. Of course I'm joking.

That should serve you right for posting some gibberish in Spanish!!
Thanks for your thoughts B&T

Cheers,
Anand.
Old 26th April 2006, 14:45   #3289
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin
preparing for future upgrade to a Alpine HU with tiny budget
Old 26th April 2006, 14:56   #3290

HU Evaluation

Hi Everyone,

Has anyone tried and evaluated HU (Head Units) as such ?

In terms of whatz the best brand in delivering the best audio... Rating between 1-10, 10 being the best...

According to me, I have given ratings for Alp, Blau, and Pio... u r free to modify it if u feel its not appropriate...

Make Mod# Rat S V D C L PO C
----------------------------------
Alpine All ***** 9 5 8 9 8 3 9-14k
Blaup Ber ***** 8 8 9 9 8 3 8-9K
Pio P1Y ***** 7 9 9 9 8 3 10K
Kenwood - ?
JVC - ?
Sony - ?
Any other good names in the market - ?

S - Sweetnees
V - Visual
D - Deepness
C - Clarity
L - Loud
PO - # of Pre-outs
C - Cost

Cheers,
Anand.
Old 26th April 2006, 15:02   #3291

Quote:
JK, thats exactly the question that was running in my mind too... u already say u have a 3 preout HU... why worry that u might get an alpine with 1 preout ? Someone forcing u 2 sell ur old set off and get Alpine for just the brand sake ?? hehe...

No offense meant... All in the Game of Audio...
Old 26th April 2006, 15:06   #3292
Senior - BHPian

there had been debates abt this. Its upto ones' ear's and taste when it comes to audio, HU etc here at TBHP.

I find Aish sweet, but not sexy etc... Hope you got my point.
Old 26th April 2006, 15:10   #3293
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zephyr1973
JK, thats exactly the question that was running in my mind too... u already say u have a 3 preout HU... why worry that u might get an alpine with 1 preout ? Someone forcing u 2 sell ur old set off and get Alpine for just the brand sake ?? hehe...

No offense meant... All in the Game of Audio...
No, I was using Alpine cassette player for almost 4 years and hence love it for its quality. Then I go to Germany and get a cool Sony MP3 HU for jsut7.5k one yr back and so changed teh Alpine. Now my Sony HU wont read mp3 and some music cds ( like its got a damn mind).

Now teh thing is I may get an Alpine HU for a good value ( cant disclose ) which would be a great buy when I compare teh money I need to fix teh Sony HU ( 2k or 2.5k). Also, I have an offer for my curent Sony HU, but I have to get it fixed to sell.

Did I confuse?

Last edited by jkdas : 26th April 2006 at 15:17. Reason: read teh as the!
Old 26th April 2006, 15:54   #3294
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
- What is the optimum frequency that I should look for, while getting a speaker. What does JBL offer ?
- I believe in JBL we have a patent pending woofer cones... what is it made of and how different is it in other competitor speakers ?
- What is a crossover? what is it to do with dB. How much dB is appropriate... 506 says its 12dB outboard crossover... what does it mean?
- I understand that component series would split the frequency and send it across to bass and tweeter separately from the HU. What is the appropriate placement of the tweeter ? Is there any special head unit that should be bought specially for implementing components in your car or any HU would do the job?
- Some HU says 60W x 4... meaning ?
- How can a person connect Comp, Speakers, Tweeters, Sub, Amp everything to a HU ? Is there so many provisions in any head unit ?
I must appologise. I have been busy helping the Boss Man plan his honeymoon - me being an expert in honeymoons! Now that is one Guru title I dont mind (Guru of Honeymoons). :-)

in addtion to what the gurus have said...
optimum frequency: 20Hz-20,000Hz.
What JBL offers: see www.jbl.com
patent pending: patent applied for. often revisions of the patent are applied for delaying the patent process. this is done to ensure no one sees the final patent so that no one knows what is being patented and hence cant find a work around. everyone does this IBM applies for more patents than anybody.
crossover: tweeter crosses over to woofer and woofer crosses over to tweeter
12db: slope of crossover. higher is not nesscarily better or worse.
tweeter placement: as close to head and woofer. How yu do that in ca car is a trade secret. either you drive with your head between your knees or mount the woofer on your windows. since you cant do either you have to strike a compomise.
HU 60W: Most current HUs dont put out more than 12W x 4 rms Class AB <0.1% 20-20kHz. I see next generation HUs with single chip Class D amplification solutions being able to do this sometime in the future.

Last edited by navin : 26th April 2006 at 15:55.
Old 26th April 2006, 15:57   #3295
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Clarion, some Nakamichi, Becker, a few Panasonic models, etc. there are plenty good HUs in the market. Get out there and listen.
Old 26th April 2006, 16:01   #3296
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas
Now teh thing is I may get an Alpine HU for a good value ( cant disclose ) which would be a great buy when I compare teh money I need to fix teh Sony HU ( 2k or 2.5k). ?
1 RCA out usually means rear only. for the front you would need a speaker level - line level adapter.

to control a sub you'd need a crossover with a remote fader that you can keep in the cabin and run the XO of the RCA out.
Old 26th April 2006, 16:15   #3297
BHPian

you can upload the pics at any free upload sites

Hi There,
Can you not upload those pics you were talking about in any of those free upload sites and give us the url?
Yahoo mail and also msn site allows you to store pics. I would really love to check out those pics
Thanks
Old 26th April 2006, 16:16   #3298
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Everyone,

Has anyone tried and evaluated HU (Head Units) as such ?

In terms of whatz the best brand in delivering the best audio... Rating between 1-10, 10 being the best...

According to me, I have given ratings for Alp, Blau, and Pio... u r free to modify it if u feel its not appropriate...

Make Mod# Rat S V D C L PO C
----------------------------------
Kenwood - ?
JVC - ?
Sony - ?

S - Sweetnees
V - Visual
D - Deepness
C - Clarity
L - Loud
PO - # of Pre-outs
C - Cost

Cheers,
Anand.
I really must step in but i looked at this post and thought HUH WHA?? Loud? Deepness?
Anand, these things are individual. Your ratings will bear no meaning to another person. Besides, sweetness is not something you can measure really and it differes from person to person. There are many people on this thread that have heard almost all these HU's. No one can really offer points to any.
Old 26th April 2006, 16:27   #3299
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoaringEngine
Hi There,
Can you not upload those pics you were talking about in any of those free upload sites and give us the url?
Yahoo mail and also msn site allows you to store pics. I would really love to check out those pics
Thanks
pix of wht? If you search around you will find lof of pix frm installations etc.
Old 26th April 2006, 16:50   #3300
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
1 RCA out usually means rear only. for the front you would need a speaker level - line level adapter.

to control a sub you'd need a crossover with a remote fader that you can keep in the cabin and run the XO of the RCA out.

navin check my post http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/216186-post19.html

and Sam; new 7series eh? emm. I liked teh cross-over design and teh sub box

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks