Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th April 2006, 14:21   #3211
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi
The JBL T595's do not cost 5 grand. Not even if they were available in the grey market. TheLimited ed, or the decade as they were called, is the worlds most copied speaker and there are many many fakes available.
The MRP for this product is Rs. 13,990/-
So i guess i was right with the price. Vroominfinity, can you tell me where in mumbai were you offerred these speakers for 5k?

Cheers
Old 18th April 2006, 22:34   #3212
BHPian

Need help in chosing a HU

Hi gurus,

Need help in getting a HU, i plan to buy a head unit and front speakers now and later plan to get an amp and rear speakers due to budget problem

Please suggest me a Head unit and speakers

my budget for HU <9k

should i go for component speaker in the front

please suggest
Old 18th April 2006, 23:50   #3213
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by venkatesh_t3
Hi gurus,

Need help in getting a HU, i plan to buy a head unit and front speakers now and later plan to get an amp and rear speakers due to budget problem

Please suggest me a Head unit and speakers

my budget for HU <9k

should i go for component speaker in the front

please suggest
Grey HU's:
alpine HU start at 9k

pios and blau frm 4-4.5k

Get a good Pio HU with atleast 2 out so that you can have a space for upgrade later on ( read, amp setup ). I guess 5series are below 9k. maybe you can even get a Pioneer P1Y for taht price.

WIth warranty;
Sony and Blau units :

Now, Speakers...for which car?
Old 19th April 2006, 09:44   #3214
Team-BHP Support

under 9K the HU I like is the Blau with the blue display (dont ask me model nummbers - it's hard enough remembering my anniversary).

yes you can install component speakers in most cars in the front. some cars (toyota corolla, opel sail/astra, skoda octavia/superb etc...) have tweeter pods some (getz, swift, etc dont) but one can use the A pillars.
Old 19th April 2006, 09:53   #3215
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin
under 9K the HU I like is the Blau with the blue display (dont ask me model nummbers - it's hard enough remembering my anniversary).

yes you can install component speakers in most cars in the front. some cars (toyota corolla, opel sail/astra, skoda octavia/superb etc...) have tweeter pods some (getz, swift, etc dont) but one can use the A pillars.
Navinji, i feel another good HU in the 9k bracked would be the Pioneer 6850. What do you feel??

BTW, i noticed Navinji is just a few posts away from the magical 4,000 mark. Calls for a celebration i feel! When and where is the party Navin bhai !

Cheers
Old 19th April 2006, 09:55   #3216
Team-BHP Support

Geez who counts posts?

Never heard the 6850 but prefered the Blau to the Sony in the same price range. The Sony has more features though.
Old 19th April 2006, 10:49   #3217
BHPian

Hi all,

I've just purchased a new Getz and wanted some suggestions regarding a music system for around 15k. My requirement is good, clean sound. I have gone through gunbir's Getz Install thread, as well as this thread.

Would I get a good HU, an amp, 6" comps in the front and 6" coaxials in the rear in my budget?

If not, what should I install immediately so that I can get good sound within this budget?

I also need a suggestion on a reliable installer in Mumbai. I think I'd have to go to Milan subway to get a good install. Does anyone know any other places besides M.A Car?

Thanks guys.
Old 19th April 2006, 11:01   #3218
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas
Grey HU's:
alpine HU start at 9k

pios and blau frm 4-4.5k

Get a good Pio HU with atleast 2 out so that you can have a space for upgrade later on ( read, amp setup ). I guess 5series are below 9k. maybe you can even get a Pioneer P1Y for taht price.

WIth warranty;
Sony and Blau units :

Now, Speakers...for which car?

This is for santro old model not the xing.
i dont want to spend on HU more than 9k
i got the price list in chennai for Pio 6850 its around 8500
and 5850 its 7500.
I dint get the P1y series price range.
Please suggest where i can get from chennai
Old 19th April 2006, 11:47   #3219
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by decced
I've just purchased a new Getz and wanted some suggestions regarding a music system for around 15k.
Would I get a good HU, an amp, 6" comps in the front and 6" coaxials in the rear in my budget?
Good HU: 7K
Comps: 6K
Coax: 3K
Install: 1K
----------
total about 17K incl install. can you strech?

remember the coax mentioned above are 4-5" that fit in teh stock rear locations not 6x9. 6x9 coax are about 5K but will offer you more bass. you will also need a goo MDF rear deck to support these 6x9. so if you can strech to 20K and dont might replacing your existing rear deck with one made of MDF then you can get considerably better bass effect.

I have found that many of my friends who initially used stock locations (read as smaller speakers) have later felt the need for a sub. a pair of 6x9 in the rear does not exactly replace a sub but can offer a good alternate if a subwoofer cant be used.

Last edited by navin : 19th April 2006 at 11:51.
Old 19th April 2006, 12:48   #3220
BHPian

Hi Navin, Thanks for the prompt response!!

Quote:
Good HU: 7K
Comps: 6K
Coax: 3K
Install: 1K
----------
total about 17K incl install. can you strech?
Should be able to stretch a bit. But no amp still, right? Do I need one with this setup?

Quote:
remember the coax mentioned above are 4-5" that fit in teh stock rear locations not 6x9. 6x9 coax are about 5K but will offer you more bass. you will also need a goo MDF rear deck to support these 6x9. so if you can strech to 20K and dont might replacing your existing rear deck with one made of MDF then you can get considerably better bass effect.
By, stock locations, I suppose you mean the rear doors. I don't need a lot of bass. Just something that will give me a nice, clean sound that remains true to the music.. Dunno if that's the right way to put it..

I was going through gunbir's install for the Getz a he's installed a 6" coaxial in the rear door; albiet with MDF rings.. But that would be stretching my budget a bit too much I guess.

Also, please give me suggestions on where to buy and install.
Old 19th April 2006, 12:59   #3221
Senior - BHPian

White Skoda in Bangalore. Pity its all sony!!, Forgot to check on the subs.

Old 19th April 2006, 16:10   #3222
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0uljah
White Skoda in Bangalore. Pity its all sony!!, Forgot to check on the subs.

who did this. the right sub will sound wierd as it's Vb will be a lot smaller since the gas tank is on the right. besides anyone making a box on the right might accidently drill a hle into the gas tank. Geez.

The Job is neat though. Pity they did not use better components though.
Old 19th April 2006, 16:15   #3223
Team-BHP Support

I dont know where the stock locations on the Getz are. Gunbir and Sam will know better but it is certainly not the rear deck.

a 6" coax would run you about 4K instead of 3K for a 4-5".
Old 19th April 2006, 19:37   #3224
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by venkatesh_t3
This is for santro old model not the xing.
i dont want to spend on HU more than 9k
i got the price list in chennai for Pio 6850 its around 8500
and 5850 its 7500.
I dint get the P1y series price range.
Please suggest where i can get from chennai
emm, forget about compos for front unless you gonna find those 4inch compos or get a fibre setup for bigger compos.
Old 19th April 2006, 22:26   #3225
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by decced

Also, please give me suggestions on where to buy and install.
Well you can try Car-Touch in Milan Subway.They have a wide variety with one the best prices that you can get in Milan Subway.Their ICE range include Alpine, Pioneer, Sony, JBL, Infinity, Soundstream, MTX, Focal etc. Name of the guy is Ramesh. They also do a decent install. You can give him my reference (if that helps) . No guys i am not trying to do a SAM here! hehe.

Cheers

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks