Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th February 2006, 10:43   #2896
BHPian

hi this is my 1st post here and i am not very aware about audio systems...

I bought a 2nd hand baleno. It already has a pioneer head unit, pioneer 4 way amp, jbl component speakers at the back, pioneer 4inch speakers in the front and 800watt pioneer woofer(the round one) the speakers in the rear are installed on the parcel tray. somehow i feel the sound system was lacking something. I can spend another 15k max what can be done??
advice
Old 12th February 2006, 11:15   #2897
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsreekaranrao
hi this is my 1st post here and i am not very aware about audio systems...

I bought a 2nd hand baleno. It already has a pioneer head unit, pioneer 4 way amp, jbl component speakers at the back, pioneer 4inch speakers in the front and 800watt pioneer woofer(the round one) the speakers in the rear are installed on the parcel tray. somehow i feel the sound system was lacking something. I can spend another 15k max what can be done??
advice
the exact specs are follows

amplifierioneer GM-6100F(4 way 600watt max power)
Woofer :It is not pioneer it is some premier 800watt dvc series (not too sure)
HU ioneer mp3 player
Tweeters : pioneer 250 watt
rear speakers :jbl p25t 60w rms(the prevvious owner of the car says it is tha latest model)

I find the sound basically lacking clarity and i did my best in reducing and increasing bass and treble to no avail
advice
Old 12th February 2006, 11:57   #2898
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
the exact specs are follows

amplifierioneer GM-6100F(4 way 600watt max power)
Woofer :It is not pioneer it is some premier 800watt dvc series (not too sure)
HU ioneer mp3 player
Tweeters : pioneer 250 watt
rear speakers :jbl p25t 60w rms(the prevvious owner of the car says it is tha latest model)

I find the sound basically lacking clarity and i did my best in reducing and increasing bass and treble to no avail
advice
The amp seems ok .. Dont worry about the woofer , pioneer also markets its products in a few countries with the brand name of premier .. The weak link in ur setup seems to the front speakers .. Change them to component speakers from a good brand like alpine, hertz, JBL, blaupunkt .. They should cost u around 5-7k and should give u clear front soundstage ..

JBL P25T ???? Latest set of speakers from JBL ???? Sam is this true ???? Or are these fakes by any chance .. Bcoz i thought the p25t's were tweeters .. TSR , can u reconfirm the model number yet again .. I think u also need to get a good set of 6.5" coaxials for the rear for better clarity .. How is the amp connected ???? And the model number of the HU is also required to see the number of preouts it has ..
Old 12th February 2006, 12:27   #2899
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885
JBL P25T ???? Latest set of speakers from JBL ???? Sam is this true ???? Or are these fakes by any chance .. Bcoz i thought the p25t's were tweeters .. TSR , can u reconfirm the model number yet again .. I think u also need to get a good set of 6.5" coaxials for the rear for better clarity .. How is the amp connected ???? And the model number of the HU is also required to see the number of preouts it has ..
The head unit is pioneer DEH-P4650
I think it should be two ways to the woofer and 2 ways to the rear speakers (1 way each) BTW the rear speakers are JBL P650C 6.9" components and the tweeters are not pioneer they are JBL P25T(previous owner said expensive and new)

As i personally dint see the sound set up (Got all model nos. over the phone) I am not too sure (the guy seems to be a confused lot )

I will be seeing it tomorrow
Old 12th February 2006, 12:43   #2900
BANNED

Quote:
The head unit is pioneer DEH-P4650
I think it should be two ways to the woofer and 2 ways to the rear speakers (1 way each) BTW the rear speakers are JBL P650C 6.9" components and the tweeters are not pioneer they are JBL P25T(previous owner said expensive and new)

As i personally dint see the sound set up (Got all model nos. over the phone) I am not too sure (the guy seems to be a confused lot )

I will be seeing it tomorrow
U mean to say that 2 ch of the amp are connected to the woofer whereas the other 2 ch to the rear components .. Ok the 650C indeed are excellent component speakers however not available in india .. They must have been bought abroad .. What u need to do is transfer these components to the front of the car .. The door pads might need a bit of cutting, however its worth the trouble .. That should give u clear soundstage ..

And where are the P25T's placed ?? At the front or rear or im guessing its the part of the compenent system itself at the rear ??? Which means u havent mentioned what speakers ur running in the front ..

To avoid all confusion , do it this way .. Transfer the 650's to the front , if u have pioneer speakers up front they chuck them out and get urself a decent pair of 6.5'' coax from JBL .. Connect the woofer and the components to the amp and run the rear coax thru the HU's amp .. Hope that wasnt too confusing ...
Old 12th February 2006, 23:07   #2901
Team-BHP Support

give us exact model mumbers till then we might give you incorrect ideas.
HU:
Amp:
Front Speakers:
Rear Speakers:
Sub:

like mclaren says the soundstage should be in the front.
Old 12th February 2006, 23:16   #2902
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin
give us exact model mumbers till then we might give you incorrect ideas.
HU:
Amp:
Front Speakers:
Rear Speakers:
Sub:

like mclaren says the soundstage should be in the front.
He has nearly given us all the details navin ..

HU: pioneer 4650 ..
Amp: pioneer 6100 ..
Front Speakers: Yet to confirm ..
Rear Speakers: JBL 650C (6.5'' compos)
Sub: Premier DVC sub ( i think it should be same as the 306,however not sure .. Plain lazy to search for the specs ) ..
Old 12th February 2006, 23:18   #2903
Team-BHP Support

i was waiting for the front speaker specs. in any case your suggestion of using the 6.5" components in the front makes a lot of sense.
Old 12th February 2006, 23:22   #2904
BANNED

Quote:
i was waiting for the front speaker specs. in any case your suggestion of using the 6.5" components in the front makes a lot of sense.
He has mentioned pioneer speakers somewhere (not the sub, but speakers) .. So im thinking they ought to be his front speakers .. See his 2nd post ..
Old 13th February 2006, 08:18   #2905
BHPian

for the delay
The front speakers are some cheap pioneer 100watt(bought for Rs800) and the rear speakers(the components) are from USA so is the amp.
I hope the rear speakers dont go over my budget(15K). dont u think the co axials will be a bit too big to fit in the stock provision??? The tweeters are installed above the seat belt(i.e. on the b-pillar).should i change the location or leave it where it is???
I am fully confused but not to worry i will take a print of the set up and give it to the guy who is installing the speakers...

PS: please give the model of the rear speakers.
Old 13th February 2006, 09:15   #2906
Team-BHP Support

I would use the JBL536 or 636 for rear speakers alternately since the B pillars have already been attacked i'd leave the rear speakers alone and replace the front with the JBL 506 or 606 components these would run about 6K a pair.

with the rest (9K) I'd spend 3K on better RCA wires and 6K on a JBL 60.2 amp for the front speakers.

Unlike Sam I dont leave any money for girl friends or wine and cheese cruises! :-)
Old 13th February 2006, 10:08   #2907
BANNED

Quote:
The tweeters are installed above the seat belt(i.e. on the b-pillar).
What ???? U mean the metal part on the B-pillar is cut (to snug fit) to fix the tweeters there ???? Gosh that guy deserves to be shot .. Or have the tweets been mounted using tape/single screw with a bracket .. Can u post a pic so that we can get a clearer picture ..

And navin i dont think it will do well by getting the 506 or 606 for the fronts .. The rears he has i think are from a better series (power series) .. Still the rears might sound better than the fronts .. I think it would be better to use the 650's at the front .. My 2 bits .. Sam should be in a better position to tell ..
Old 13th February 2006, 11:47   #2908
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885
What ???? U mean the metal part on the B-pillar is cut (to snug fit) to fix the tweeters there ???? Gosh that guy deserves to be shot .. Or have the tweets been mounted using tape/single screw with a bracket
It has been stuck using tape(the b-pillar is as it is supposed to be)
Old 13th February 2006, 12:42   #2909
Team-BHP Support

ok ok ok it's been stuck with tape. thanks god. like mclaren i thoguht the B pillar had been cut.

ok use the rear speakers for the front then for the rear either get the JBL 636 or if you want components in the rear get the 606. the difference is about 2.5K.

in any case a JBL 60.2 or similar 2 channel smooth sounding amp for the front and the better wires would also help.
Old 14th February 2006, 11:14   #2910
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
ok ok ok it's been stuck with tape. thanks god. like mclaren i thoguht the B pillar had been cut.

ok use the rear speakers for the front then for the rear either get the JBL 636 or if you want components in the rear get the 606. the difference is about 2.5K.

in any case a JBL 60.2 or similar 2 channel smooth sounding amp for the front and the better wires would also help.
oh . So, he has to use the rear speakers for the front speaker pods and then either get a JBL GTO 636 or 606 which can be used at the front but he can use that at the back in palce of the rear speaker which he can use as front speakers now. Lets JBLfy

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks