Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment

Search this Thread
Old 3rd January 2006, 12:42   #2746
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince85
And yah sam, i totally forgot that suraj motors also had stock of 4 inch components from twister costing 2.8k. Remember twister???? which was spoken about highly by this TEAM R.A.R guy who is banned from this forum now for his ridiculous talks. I remember you made a joke of him and his briefcased fan cooled amp . and "CLITTER" technology used in the stuff .
I couldnt stop laughing when this suraj motors guy told me about the components. I was dying to have a listen and i wasnt suprised, it was nothing but crap, the sound was badly distorting even at medium volumes. The magnet on the midbass was less than a 1/4 of a cm. But anyways i had a hearty laugh the whole day jus thinking about TWISTER coz it reminded me of TEAM-RAR, Mr.Ramnik Bhai...........

Cheers!!!!!!!!
AHAHAHA I really needed a smile this morning. Thanks. When i get a kitten, I'm going to call it clitter. Here clitter clitter... here clitter clitter
Old 3rd January 2006, 12:50   #2747
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi
AHAHAHA I really needed a smile this morning. Thanks. When i get a kitten, I'm going to call it clitter. Here clitter clitter... here clitter clitter
clitter ???? did u say clitter sam .. hahaha .. wonder what ul name if have other pets like a dog or a certain scorpion (hint hint : the desert stinger ) ..
Old 3rd January 2006, 13:58   #2748
BHPian

Build me something nice!

Hi everyone,

Reading through this thread has inspired me to replace the existing Pioneer setup in my GTX.

I'm looking to build a new rig with about Rs. 40,000 as the budget to begin with, while keeping options open to add/upgrade as I go. Please help me make a list.

This is what I'd like to do:

* Put components in the front door pods
* Try to stick with placing all speakers in stock locations, which means 4" components in front and 5.25" coaxials at the rear - please advise if bigger speakers can be fitted without major surgery in these locations.
* I'm inclined toward using a subwoofer on the tray, and will switch to MDF as needed (I've heard about a local fabricator making fibreglass trays and will check that out as well). I'd like to keep the boot space available, hence the free air sub fitted on the parcel tray. Is this a huge no-no?
* I'd like to start with a good 4 channel amp which will power the front components and be bridged to power up the sub at the rear.

My mind is a jumble of the various brands available, but reading through this thread tells me I should get an Alpine HU to begin with and JBL speakers. Not sure about the amp and the sub.

My tastes in music vary from Rock to pop and classical, with a little Jazz thrown in.

Thanks!

Last edited by airfoil : 3rd January 2006 at 14:03.
Old 3rd January 2006, 14:57   #2749
Team-BHP Support

Alpine HU and Infinity Speakers are a commonly used combo.

Nothing wrong with a Free Air sub except that you have to make sure the job is well done. The tray should not flex or resonate. When rapped with your knuckles your knuckles should hurt.

There are few is any 4" components out there. An option is to use a 3 way with a 6-8" woofer in the door, and the 4" and tweeter is stock locations. If the stock woofer location is in the door one can usually shoehorn a 5" or even a 6" woofer instead.

40K....
Lets see.
Alpine 9847 - 15K
Pio 6100, JBL 60.4, Alpine 240 - 9-11K
Front speakers - 5K
Rear Speakers - 4K
Sub - 6-8K
Cables - 3K
Install - 1K
------------
total about 45K
Old 3rd January 2006, 15:49   #2750
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin
Sub - 6-8K

Cables - 3K

Install - 1K
------------
total about 45K
Navin,can u buy good amp kit,RCA cables and spk cables within 3k and which brand?
Old 3rd January 2006, 16:14   #2751
BHPian

Thanks Navin, I needed some input to get the ball rolling.

Would you care to expand on what you've advised below please. I'm not sure I understand.

Quote:
There are few is any 4" components out there. An option is to use a 3 way with a 6-8" woofer in the door, and the 4" and tweeter is stock locations. If the stock woofer location is in the door one can usually shoehorn a 5" or even a 6" woofer instead.
What I do understand is that finding 4" comps for the front is tough - I dont get the rest, sorry! Maybe it is the use of the word woofer that is throwing me here. The Palio as I understand it takes 4" speakers on the front door and 5.25" in the rear pods behind the seat. I will attempt having larger speakers installed in both these locations, but I need more info on the 6-8" part please.

Thanks!
Old 3rd January 2006, 22:01   #2752
BHPian

hi guys.I have Kicker KS5.2 Components in the Front,
Kicker KS6.2 Components for the Rear,
Kenwood 320W 4-channel amp to power the comps,
Wiring: Original Kicker Amp Wiring set including RCA cables

Now,I have ordered for Kicker CVR 10 inch subwoofer from ebay.
I'll have to buy a mono/2 channel amp for it.
The Subwoofer specs are:
Model : Kicker CVR 10
Dual 4-Ohm Voice Coils
Peak Power Handling 600W
RMS 300W
Sensitivity 85.5db

Well,please suggest an amplifier within Rs5,500 range for powering this sub.
I don't mind any brand amp,but it should be a branded one..not generic.
thanks
-sr
Old 3rd January 2006, 23:32   #2753
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit1101
2) my friend[KPZEN(bhpian)] has a pinonner mosfet 50*4 HU, he has 3 way 300watts 60rms pioneer coax(no amp), can we fix the coax in a bridge using 4 audio out lined from HU
-can we make 4 audio out HU lines as 2 bridge lines for more power.
( i could not found this detail in manual of HU)
someone is getting smart! used to be in the old days when we could do this but the amps in today's HUs are not as rugged. still it is dependant from HU to HU. I find some older HUs can be used this way.
Old 4th January 2006, 14:35   #2754
BHPian

Quote:
someone is getting smart! used to be in the old days when we could do this but the amps in today's HUs are not as rugged. still it is dependant from HU to HU. I find some older HUs can be used this way.
i think there is no risk in testing for H bridge HU compatibility except that
our HU might over heat and get damaged ( u said HUs are not as rugged).
but i think it must have some thermal protection
can you advice if there is any risk involved ?

his HU is 2 yrs. old.we'll try it, its gonna be cool if it works
Old 4th January 2006, 14:40   #2755
Distinguished - BHPian

Amit do not try bridging your head unit.

The amplifier in the head unit is an IC based power unit using a common ground. It cannot be bridged. You will only succeed in destroying the IC.
Old 4th January 2006, 16:07   #2756
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

The amplifier in the head unit is an IC based power unit using a common ground. It cannot be bridged. You will only succeed in destroying the IC.
in the old days before quad amp ICs were available theyused 2 stereo ICs and you could bridge. I have seen this on the new HUs (as stated before).

if the palio takes 4" in the front door I wont be surprised if a 5" cant be shoehorned in there. Sam, JB, Gunbir etc. would know better.
Old 4th January 2006, 16:09   #2757
Distinguished - BHPian

To the best of my knowledge, modern HU's do not allow bridging. There MAY be a few special models but commonly - the answer is no.
Old 4th January 2006, 16:13   #2758
Team-BHP Support

Sam, I agree. I have not seen the dual stereo ckt for a while. last time was on a 1988 Alpine 7284. Modern to me is any HU made after 1994. speaking of HU amps my 1st car tape unit had 4 4W rms mono amps and a stereo tape head preamp. Home made ofcourse. if you remember tape heads output was on the order of a few mV sorta like a phono MM cartridge without the RIAA EQ.

Last edited by navin : 4th January 2006 at 16:19.
Old 4th January 2006, 17:43   #2759
BHPian

keh-p4025 pioneer mosfet 50pmpo*4

Quote:

dearest Sam and Navin

i read the manual(keh-p4025) again
My model is not common ground, i think because its says like this
power source = 14.4voltsdc (10.8-15.1V)
Ground system = negative type
i think its diffrent from common ground which you said, is it ???

Can i do bridging on this negative ground type or there is RISK

manual also sayz continous power output is 22 W per channel into 4 ohm
I think this means 22rms/ channel, am i right ??????
Old 4th January 2006, 17:51   #2760
Senior - BHPian

THE TIMES OF INDIA NEWS PAPER
4th jan 06 wed. page 7 , top left article

Joint comm. of police(traffic), qumar ahmed said " installation of any such devices, including television screens and stereo systems in any cabin of vehicle is not allowed.............for this reason that stereo systems and use of cell is banned while driving.

is this right
are they gonna ban stereos or wat,

Most Viewed