Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st January 2006, 00:09   #2731
BHPian

Wish you all a very happy New Year. May 2006 bring more joy with more speakers, amps, HUs. Have a blast.
Old 1st January 2006, 10:50   #2732
BHPian

Happy new year to all the Team-BHP members and wish u all more clear and crisp sound from ur car systems like navin's replies.
Old 1st January 2006, 10:54   #2733
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivekphadnis
Wish you all a very happy New Year. May 2006 bring more joy with more speakers, amps, HUs. Have a blast.

happy new year to you all
may this year we all get our hand on a CLASS A amp
and may our dad gift us A6000gti this year
Old 1st January 2006, 19:51   #2734
BHPian

MP3's doesn't play in Sony MDX-F5800

Hi Guys
"Happy New Year"
My friend has Sony MDX -F5800 http://www.xplodsony.com/index.php?q...plod/headunits

He got the unit six months ago for Rs 6500 in grey. Suddenly the unit has stopped playing MP3s. Whenever a MP3 is inserted, the display reads "ERROR" and 3 beeps come. That's It.
Audio CDs can play fine. He tried brand new MP3's as well but same issue. Earlier there used to be bit of problem in reading MP3 but they played once you eject and reinsert them but now Its all stuck.
What could be the problem and how much would it cost to get it repaired? Would trading the unit for Pioneer one be a good idea if the repair is going to cost a fortune? Kindly suggest. Thanks.
Old 1st January 2006, 21:56   #2735
Team-BHP Support

Sony's newer units dont seem to have this issue. I think a repair can fix this.
Old 2nd January 2006, 15:38   #2736
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit1101
happy new year to you all
may this year we all get our hand on a CLASS A amp
and may our dad gift us A6000gti this year
Dont forget to give daddy my number

Happy new year amigos
Old 2nd January 2006, 16:04   #2737
BHPian

Heh sam, i recently went to the crossroads outlet of JBL, and as i was looking for an amp and a sub. i came across an infinity bass tube. now how different is the infinity tube from the JBL one? coz soo far in the ICE forum i never saw any mention about the infinity tube.
I am also looking for front speakers which are just one way coaxials since the 4 inch 2 way coaxials which are present in the JBL lineup foul with the speker grill provided on the dashboard of the new esteem(tweeter touches the grill).
And as the current speakers which are MA-Audio 4 inchers which have a similar problem of the tweeter touching the grill, i am looking for a way around this problem? The quality of sound from the JBL gto 936s at the rear is lovely but i terribly miss front soundstage.
Please help me with a suitable speaker for the front of my car considering that i dont want to drill a hole in the door pad. I came across Kicker components which are also 4 inchers costing 5.5k, i don't mind buying it but have heard from a few people that the components in 4 inch is a total waste of money as its too small a size for components to perform. Opinions needed from all the experts around........
Urgent help needed.........

thanks
Old 2nd January 2006, 16:30   #2738
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince85
Heh sam, i recently went to the crossroads outlet of JBL, and as i was looking for an amp and a sub. i came across an infinity bass tube. now how different is the infinity tube from the JBL one? coz soo far in the ICE forum i never saw any mention about the infinity tube.
I am also looking for front speakers which are just one way coaxials since the 4 inch 2 way coaxials which are present in the JBL lineup foul with the speker grill provided on the dashboard of the new esteem(tweeter touches the grill).
And as the current speakers which are MA-Audio 4 inchers which have a similar problem of the tweeter touching the grill, i am looking for a way around this problem? The quality of sound from the JBL gto 936s at the rear is lovely but i terribly miss front soundstage.
Please help me with a suitable speaker for the front of my car considering that i dont want to drill a hole in the door pad. I came across Kicker components which are also 4 inchers costing 5.5k, i don't mind buying it but have heard from a few people that the components in 4 inch is a total waste of money as its too small a size for components to perform. Opinions needed from all the experts around........
Urgent help needed.........

thanks

Hey!
The Infinity bass tube is a very very recent addition to the harman car audio line-up in India. We took that decision seeing the popularity of bass tubes in India and the lack of a "higher end" bass tube in the market. It costs 12500/- which is a little xpensive but provides quality bass.
One way Coaxial is a wrong statement to make. A co-axial must have more than a single speaker. There are no 4" components in JBL or any of the other brands known to me. It is news to me that Kicker makes a 4" component set. Please do let me know the model number. It's true that the tweeter on any good quality co-axial speaker will foul with the original grill on the esteem. You could definitely try the component set, its not true that a 4" component will not perform. Just remember to cut the bass going to the 4" midbass speaker.
If you are looking at vocal matching the GTO's at the back, i would suggest you mount the GTO426 somehow in the front. A good installer will find a way.
Old 2nd January 2006, 23:27   #2739
BHPian

Thanks for the quick reply sam. I am soo sorry for the stupid statement (one way co-axials) , thanx for correcting me on that. OK. so you suggest me to try out the JBL GTO fronts, fine. I will give it a try any day soon.
Well as far as the 4 inch components from kicker go, i was shown this set by Car Touch in Milan Subway who apparently is also a JBL authorised dealer but sadly does not recognise you. But he knows Navin too well and has a lot of respect for him(he knows about team bhp). He calls him "a very talented circuit aadmi" . I do not really know about the model number but i will surely get it from him soon and let you know. It costs 5.5k.
He also had MTX brand of components which are also 4 inches but cost a whopping 11.5k.
I also enquired in Wasan Motors who told me that there are components in 4 inches from Blaupunkt as well for 3.5k. And Suraj Motors guy named rishi who is an MA-Audio dealer told me about Earthquake brand of 4 inch components, not aware of the price since he did not have the set with him. He said that he will be getting a consignment from Singapore which will also have the earthquake 4 inch compos.
Am really sorry for not having the model numbers but promise to get you soon.
Thanks and cheers buddy, bubye!

Last edited by prince85 : 2nd January 2006 at 23:30.
Old 2nd January 2006, 23:38   #2740
BHPian

And yah sam, i totally forgot that suraj motors also had stock of 4 inch components from twister costing 2.8k. Remember twister???? which was spoken about highly by this TEAM R.A.R guy who is banned from this forum now for his ridiculous talks. I remember you made a joke of him and his briefcased fan cooled amp . and "CLITTER" technology used in the stuff .
I couldnt stop laughing when this suraj motors guy told me about the components. I was dying to have a listen and i wasnt suprised, it was nothing but crap, the sound was badly distorting even at medium volumes. The magnet on the midbass was less than a 1/4 of a cm. But anyways i had a hearty laugh the whole day jus thinking about TWISTER coz it reminded me of TEAM-RAR, Mr.Ramnik Bhai...........

Cheers!!!!!!!!

Last edited by prince85 : 2nd January 2006 at 23:40.
Old 3rd January 2006, 00:08   #2741
BHPian

hello audio GURUS

1) Can any one tell me what are the default speakers which come with new honda city. they come fixed from honda, my friend says that they sound really great, does any one know their make???

2) my friend[KPZEN(bhpian)] has a pinonner mosfet 50*4 HU, he has 3 way 300watts 60rms pioneer coax(no amp), can we fix the coax in a bridge using 4 audio out lined from HU
-can we make 4 audio out HU lines as 2 bridge lines for more power.
( i could not found this detail in manual of HU)
Old 3rd January 2006, 02:05   #2742
Senior - BHPian

Hi

Quote:
gunbir, JB i had a question for you guys. I have a new esteem and have installed the front speakers in the speaker pods which are 4 inchers. The problem is that the outer casing(grill) present on the dashboard covering the speakers is touching the tweeter of the MA-Audio coaxial speakers(4 inchers), thereby it cant be fit back into place again. Is there any way out to this problem?
Prince85, I'm sorry I didnt reply sooner... I think I missed your post... OK, some possible solutions to your problem:

#1: I havent found my way into the new Esteem, but I think if you motivate your installer enough, he can do this. Try installing the speaker from under the dash... like shown in this illustration. He (your installer) will have to get in really deep under the dash (or open it up a bit). Add a spacer ring if needed to get more depth till your coax tweeter doesnt foul with the grill anymore.

#2: Does the new Esteem have door speaker locations? If yes, and budget is not an issue, go for a good 3-way component system. Put the midrange in the dash locations, tweeters on the dash and bass in the doors.

Quote:
I love the installs that u guys have done, especially the getz. It looks and is done fabulously.And secondly i heard a lot about Hertz and Audison line of amps, speakers etc. Is there a place in Mumbai where i can purchase this stuff coz i am looking out for improving the sound in my car.Love clean sound with punchy bass, not booming.
Thanks... Look out for our new installs. About Hertz and Audison, they will be available in Mumbai from Feb '06 onwards. Made in Italy, Audison is a premium amplifier brand and amps start from 13K and go up to 6lakh. Hertz (also an Audison brand) offers a wide range of speaker solutions from 5.5K for a 2way component to 1.3Lakh for a 3-way component system. Depending on your taste and budget, you will find no-nonsense, quality sound with accuracy and enjoyment both.

Quote:
My setup sooo far reads
Pioneer-P1Y -HU
JBL GTO 936 -Rears
MA AUDIO Y3040K -Fronts(4inch coaxials)
How do you guys rate this system?
I am looking for additions like an amp, maybe 2 if my battery can take it without any effects to the warranty of my car, and a sub(dont want to drill a hole in the parcel shelf). No idea on the wiring and stuff. Please guide me coz i do not know much about it. Budget of approx 20-25k for this stuff, cheaper would be better. When u guys planning to come to mumbai? would love to have a perfect install done by the perfectionists..
For your sub, go with a rear seat IB (infinite baffle) install with a quality sub and amp and you will not be disappointed. You could do with better fronts as well. With good quality cables, you should be able to run 2 decent amps (I suggest a 5ch amp for simplicity) without any issues. We will be in Mumabi soon, details will be in your PM inbox shortly. We are not installers by profession, we don't run any stores or outlets. We distribute these products and participate in the installation only because we find most installers lack know how and skill. I guess if you run a restaurent it pays to know how to cook.

Last edited by gunbir : 3rd January 2006 at 02:08.
Old 3rd January 2006, 02:59   #2743
BHPian

thanks gunbir , thanks for the info with pics, it will help me a lot
Old 3rd January 2006, 04:44   #2744
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunbir
Santro Xing takes 4" in the front stock locations,

and upto 5.25" in the rear stock locations.

in the above setting which would the best speakers in 5.25" which could perform like a 3way coax of 6.25" at the rear and a component in the front of size 4" which could perform like 5.25". which will be available in india. my concern is to save the space in the santro and have small speakers which will keep its aesthetics also, please help me with some model numbers.

and if the above is not possible , is it possible to fit the 6.25" in the std back slot in the santro
Old 3rd January 2006, 11:15   #2745
BHPian

Thanks gunbir for the reply. i will surely try an install that way. But still is there any other speakers solutions for the fronts (components or co-Axials) for the esteem that you would recomend?
I would be going in for a 4 channel amp (Pioneer 6100f). I had it earlier but it had some defect so returned it to the shop from where i got it. I have asked my uncle who is in dubai to get it for me by next week.Is it good enough or you suggest something else within 8-10k.
After this step my system will be P1Y with JBL GTO 936 at the back.
Any suggestions abt the front 4 inches? Is there any speaker in this size available in hertz? Price?
And would it go well (soundstage wise) with the GTO's at the back?? You also suggested me for an infinite baffle sub install in the trunk but i would like something like the innova install done by you? is it possible to place a sub under the front seat of my car? will it be effective enough? Will i need 2 subs? Any disadvantages of such a placement of the sub?
Sorry for a lot of questions but am really passionate about audio and i want no compromises in my given budget which is as follows-
Amp 8-10k(from abroad)
Fronts upto 6k
Sub Upto 8k
Wiring - i know nothing about it so please help me on this

thanks,
Prinston Pinto

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks