Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th July 2005, 18:46   #256
BHPian

thank u ppl..

One more thing ppl what is this ipod compatibility thing cos i will be getting an ipod/iriver/creative or some device of that sort in the future..

vivek thanks for the link man, chked the alpine models/prices and looks like alpine is gonna be a costly affair at arnd 18K for the 3 preouts model( assuminig i geta 2k discount bargain). Do these things come for a lesser price in singapore as someone would be goin there on aug3 or 4th. If so i can chk out that option or else as Aseem suggested will audition the sony 88xx and look at it also. Aseem thanks for the info on the display setting options and man i live in Bangalore and i need some one frm here not from india gate/lajpat nagar

Isnt there any base/treble/mids frequency settings for fronts and rears seperately in the headunit.

Navin..Will chk out JBL/ALPINE/infinity/sony and will make a choice. Looking at 2 sets of components at present.

will keep u ppl informed and get things clarified just in case.

Thanks ppl u rock..period!

Regds
-Muni
Old 30th July 2005, 23:15   #257
BHPian

honda city audio question

dudes i go pionner 12 inch 800 watt woffer ..i was wondering whether to put it in the parcel tray or should i put in an enclosure in the boot...which will give me better loud and clearer base....
and also should i put the speakers in the tray or should i put those also in the box.....
lastly rite now i got a 222 sony amp so should i power only the subs or the subs and the speakers with it...
i basically like loud clear music...
please suggest some stuff cause i got to get it done soon
take care and keep left...
allan
Old 31st July 2005, 09:55   #258
BHPian

dudes still waiting for some help
Old 31st July 2005, 19:19   #259
Team-BHP Support

Pioneer and Alpine have some very good Ipod support. I am not sure if the same is true for Iriver or other players. There are 3rd party systems that will connect your Ipod or any Mp3 player to any HU via the aux input or tape head or FM but you wont be able to use the HU's display to see what is happening on the Ipod. Alpines and Pio's Ipod adapters allow you to see the Ipod's display and control the Ipod from the HU.

XP, most speakers will usually sound better in a box. car speakers are usually designed for free air which means large or lossy boxes. however the rear decks of most hatchbacks are made of thin fiber that flexs a lot and will not make a good sounding board. making boxes is often easier than a good rear deck that does not flex or rattle. you can tune a box by using aperiodic vents (making a box more lossy) to your taste.
Old 31st July 2005, 22:56   #260
BHPian

Good Setup for Getz GLS

Hi Guys,

What is a good setup for Getz.
It does have speaker positions on the door.( all four)

Thinking about
sony CDX-F5700
XS-GS130 in front

and XS-V1635X
In the rear.

Few Questions

1. Are the sizes ok without changing any setup or breaking any plastics. I hate to do that.

Do I need a Subwoofer. My Wife hates bass and normally my rear speakers are on low. Like front 5 and rear 2 balance.

BTW. Thed delare is offering me some free sony setup with the ICICI loan. on the Getz. Should I take it and later exchange it or better to ask him alternate accessories at the same price.

Best Regards

Anil Ghatikar
Old 1st August 2005, 11:50   #261
Senior - BHPian

Muni, I am in Bangalore for a month. So let me know when you go to buy your components and bass tube. I would love to see the prices and the equipment we have here. Maybe I can buy a 4 channel amp if the prices are cheap.
Old 1st August 2005, 12:30   #262
BHPian

System for my Getz

Hi People,
I got a system, rather start building a system for my Getz on Saturday. I bought a Sony 7710S HU and two pairs of Sony 1621 speakers for both front and rear doors. The HU has 3 pre-outs of 4V (I remember navin emphasising a lot over it). I wanted to install components in the front, but decided against it, mainly bacause of budget constraints. This setup put me back by 15000 bucks. Th HU costs 12990 (I got 10% disc on it), the speakers are 1700 a pair (15% disc), plus 350 bucks for the couplings.
Although the bass is very low and sound a little bit too bright for my taste, but it's crystal clear and crisp.
I plan to go for Sony 4 channel amp, and a bass tube some time later. Navin I have a question, in a 4 channel amp if I connect front and rear speakers paralelly to 2 channels, what all will i sacrifice; I know the Fader, but what else? also what does 3 pre-outs mean, and do using a 4 channel amp negate the effect of 3 pre-outs. Also are 5 channel speakers available in market and if yes, what do they cost.
The Sony dealer showed me a set of cables which he says will greatly enhance the working of amp and bass tube. It cost 1200 bucks, what's your take on it. Do I need to buy cables myself, or the amp/tube comes with it? which brands are good and how much do they cost.
One more thing, the company default setting for Loudness is Off, at this setting the bass was very low but sound was very clear. When I turned-on loudness, the bass increased dramatically but clarity reduced. Is this normal behaviour? Navin please explain what Loudness means. When the loudness was on, and I increased the volume the sound distorted at even less than one-third the full volume; when I install the amp-tube what setting you guys suggest so that the sound doesn't distort even at very high levels.
My system has built-in High and Low pass filters. The low pass filter has two options 65 Hz and 150 Hz, what does it mean. How can I use to better the sound?
In the end, thanx to Navin/Sam/Aseem, I learnt a lot from you guys.

\N
Old 1st August 2005, 12:47   #263
BHPian

Pre outs are at the line level. Three sets of pre-outs means you have six outputs at the line level. front, rear and sub, left and right for each set. That has nothing to do with a 4 channel amp.

No cable with enhance the working of your set. Good audio quality cable with oxygen free copper wire will not colour your sound signals. And the dealer must be showing you some very expensive brand. Go to some good electronics market and get yourself some good OFC wire.

And generally, always better not to push your electronics too much.
Old 1st August 2005, 13:45   #264
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntomer
Hi People,
I got a system, rather start building a system for my Getz on Saturday. I bought a Sony 7710S HU and two pairs of Sony 1621 speakers for both front and rear doors. The HU has 3 pre-outs of 4V (I remember navin emphasising a lot over it). I wanted to install components in the front, but decided against it, mainly bacause of budget constraints. This setup put me back by 15000 bucks. Th HU costs 12990 (I got 10% disc on it), the speakers are 1700 a pair (15% disc), plus 350 bucks for the couplings.
Although the bass is very low and sound a little bit too bright for my taste, but it's crystal clear and crisp.
I plan to go for Sony 4 channel amp, and a bass tube some time later. Navin I have a question, in a 4 channel amp if I connect front and rear speakers paralelly to 2 channels, what all will i sacrifice; I know the Fader, but what else? also what does 3 pre-outs mean, and do using a 4 channel amp negate the effect of 3 pre-outs. Also are 5 channel speakers available in market and if yes, what do they cost.
The Sony dealer showed me a set of cables which he says will greatly enhance the working of amp and bass tube. It cost 1200 bucks, what's your take on it. Do I need to buy cables myself, or the amp/tube comes with it? which brands are good and how much do they cost.
One more thing, the company default setting for Loudness is Off, at this setting the bass was very low but sound was very clear. When I turned-on loudness, the bass increased dramatically but clarity reduced. Is this normal behaviour? Navin please explain what Loudness means. When the loudness was on, and I increased the volume the sound distorted at even less than one-third the full volume; when I install the amp-tube what setting you guys suggest so that the sound doesn't distort even at very high levels.
My system has built-in High and Low pass filters. The low pass filter has two options 65 Hz and 150 Hz, what does it mean. How can I use to better the sound?
In the end, thanx to Navin/Sam/Aseem, I learnt a lot from you guys.

\N
First of all congrats on the new system. I understand Components do upset the budget too much. However if I was you, I would have gone for gray market system with components in the same budget. But than again you have the satisfaction of free repairs which I dont
Coming to your questions, the wiring that the Sony dealer showed you do help a lot. You must realize at the end of the day, audio works on electrical signals. The better the signals the better the sound. Better wiring ensures better electrical signals are sent to the speakers. There are various brands for wires available out there, starting at 600Rs all the way upto 2k.
The loud feature in the Sony, amplifies the low frequencies going into the speakers. Since the front and the rear speakers are not optimized to support such low frequency, the sound gets distorted and speakers crack. However like you mentioned, Sony also comes with a built in high pass filter. The HPF allows you to stop low frequency signals going into your front and rear speakers. So setting loud and HPF at 65 or 150Hz will mean more base and at the same time speakers not cracking. This is the setting I have on my Sony 88xx as well.
Sony's HU are bright and so are JBL components that I have bought. However Pioneer's are comparitively even brighter. The brightness however is not shrillness, and in time your ears will get used to them
Regarding 4 channel amplifier question, I guess we have to wait for Navin's or Sam's answer. However there are amps out there that have 4 channel and 1 channel for woofer. Or consider buying two amps, one for 2 channel amp for woofer and one 4 channel amp for speakers. You can also consider an active bass tube, which means you can have a dedicated 4 channel amplifier just for the speakers. However... I am sure the pros have more to add on this one.
Old 1st August 2005, 14:24   #265
BHPian

dudes i go pionner 12 inch 800 watt woffer ..i was wondering whether to put it in the parcel tray or should i put in an enclosure in the boot...which will give me better loud and clearer base....
and also should i put the speakers in the tray or should i put those also in the box.....the sub that i have is a 12 inche ts w 504 f free air sub
lastly rite now i got a 222 sony amp so should i power only the subs or the subs and the speakers with it...
i basically like loud clear music...
please suggest some stuff cause i got to get it done soon
take care and keep left...
allan
Old 1st August 2005, 14:46   #266
BHPian

ntomer, first listen to the system you have got for a few days. Try the different kinds of music you like on it. Fiddle around with the settings. If you feel the need for more bass, add a sub with a mono amp. If you are okay with that setup keep it. No point in just throwing in money and ending up confused.
Quote:
When I turned-on loudness, the bass increased dramatically but clarity reduced. Is this normal behaviour?
What is happening is that the speaker cones are being driven beyond their maximum excursion. That is why they distort. That is why I said keep the volume within limits or you risk burning out the voice coils.

Aseem,
Quote:
The HPF allows you to stop low frequency signals going into your front and rear speakers. So setting loud and HPF at 65 or 150Hz will mean more base and at the same time speakers not cracking.
The high pass filter passes frequencies above the set frequency but it will not mean more bass since you are cutting off the lower frequencies. Remember, lower frequencies have more depth and that is the bass you hear. What you mean is the sound is louder and that gives the feeling of more bass.

allan, the punch you hear from a low frequency driver depends on the enclosure volume, how well it is designed and a million other factors. Though car speakers are meant to be free air ones, they will sound better in boxes.

Last edited by Vivekphadnis : 1st August 2005 at 14:51.
Old 1st August 2005, 16:20   #267
BHPian

Diffrence in normal and component speakers

Hi,

Can somebody elobrate what are component speakers and why are they more costliers is it the magnets or the material used for the dome/diaphram.
and finally are they really worth double the price.
Old 1st August 2005, 16:26   #268
BHPian

Component speakers are separate woofers and tweeters with a crossover network. They generally sound better than coaxials. If you have the money and a keen ear for detail go for it.
Old 1st August 2005, 18:03   #269
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivekphadnis
Component speakers are separate woofers and tweeters with a crossover network. They generally sound better than coaxials. If you have the money and a keen ear for detail go for it.
If you go to car audio websites like JBL, they talk of multi-element speakers, components , and component systems.

Anybody care to elaborate on the difference between these three? Are multi-element speakers the same as coaxials?

Also, what is the meaning of this two-way and three-way stuff?

Thanks a LOT!!
- John
Old 1st August 2005, 18:11   #270
BHPian

Coaxials are the same as multi element. component systems, as i said, are woofer-tweeter combos with crossover networks.
two way or three way refers to how many elements the speaker has. A two way will have a woofer and tweeter mounted coaxially. A three way will have a woofer, tweeter and a supertweeter and stuff like that.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks