Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th December 2005, 00:03   #2551

Advice needed

hi guys ,i own a honda city old one......was lookin for a good audio system..after goin through this forum and months of research i have bought an alpine hu-9845 and s-type coaxials .

now i want to upgrade to COMPONENTS IN THE FRONT these are the options i have narrowed to
1.Hertz esk-165
2.Alpine R types
3.Infinty 6010
4.Rockford Fosgate

And what 4 ch amplifier can i chose from
1.Blaupunk GTA 670
2.Alpine F-240
3.Pio 6100
4.any of jbls

what iam looking for is good thumping mid-bass with a crisp clarity
would really appreciate if u guys can advice me.
Old 11th December 2005, 02:40   #2552
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by audiojunkie
hi guys ,i own a honda city old one......was lookin for a good audio system..after goin through this forum and months of research i have bought an alpine hu-9845 and s-type coaxials .

now i want to upgrade to COMPONENTS IN THE FRONT these are the options i have narrowed to
1.Hertz esk-165
2.Alpine R types
3.Infinty 6010
4.Rockford Fosgate

1.Blaupunk GTA 670
2.Alpine F-240
3.Pio 6100
4.any of jbls

what iam looking for is good thumping mid-bass with a crisp clarity
would really appreciate if u guys can advice me.
personally from the given list of speakers that is the components i would prefer the hertz esk's..they are really good better than most high end brands..i see u have picked up the s-type coaxials so to maintain the uniformity of the highs specially i suggest u get the s-type components only from alpine..if not go in for the hertz only..

and as far as the amp goes alpine all the way..they make very sweet sounding amps..
Old 11th December 2005, 06:42   #2553
Team-BHP Support

Alpine sells three range of speakers viz.
Type-R Speakers
Type-X Speakers
Type-S Speakers

Which of these are their premium and economy range speakers? In terms of price and quality. Just like the CS series are JBL's economy range of speaker whereas their GTO series is a spec above the former in terms of performance as well as price.
Old 11th December 2005, 07:21   #2554
Team-BHP Support

http://www.bcae1.com/

A good site to get some basics of audio clear!
Old 11th December 2005, 09:54   #2555
Senior - BHPian

Type-X Speakers - 'Premium'
Type-R Speakers - Normal
Type-S Speakers - Entry Level
Type-E Speakers - Economy

Last edited by gunbir : 11th December 2005 at 09:56.
Old 11th December 2005, 11:45   #2556
BHPian

need help for audio in my esteem

hi all, its abeen a guest on pleasure to be a part of team-bhp, well i have been in this forum as a guest for quite some time now and today i am a proud registered member here. you guys are indeed extreme professionals here. well, guys i needed help for an audio setup for my new esteem.well, let me come to more this cardetails. I had another esteem before in which i had a pioneer 7750 H.U, JBL-gto-936 speakers, sony explod 1300watts sub, fronts were just pioneer tweeters. The rears and the sub were installed on a mdf tray powered by the Sony 504 amp with xome boss audio cables. The sound was decent but it dint entice me too much coz it was a lot of boom boom while very little or poor clarity.
Now, i decieded that in my new esteem i dint want to reapeat my past mistakes, so i have decieded to build my system a step at a time, so after a lot of research i finally made up my mind that the hu was either an alpine 9830 or pioneer p1y. so the day came when i bought my new car out of the showroom and headed straight to car touch in milan subway. there i checked both the hu's and to everybodys shock here found the p1y slightly better than the alpine, yes even after all the tweaks the apline offers. So went ahead and got the p1y, followed it up with the JBL gto-936e rears and since i dint want the wires to be spliced or anything, so bought some extra connectors for the speakers and the h.u and then my hunt started for the front speakers. i decieded on the MA audio-Y3040K(4 inch coaxials) with a rated 50 watts rms and max 100watts. The choice was between these and jbl-426e. i found the MA audio better. now,these speakers dont seem to sit properly on the right side as the cover coverin the front speakers supplied by the car touches the tweeter slightly which make it protrude outwards. Any solutions to this. Gunbir, Jb, Help!!!!!!!!!!!!. And how do u guys rate this system. yea i know compos in the fronts would have been better but sadly no compos available in 4 inches. Car touch had one which is kicker brand but he said that it wouldnt make a difference coz 4 inches is too small a size for compos to perform.
Now i have decieded to go in for an 4 ch amp and i wish to insatll a sub in the near future without an additional amp for. The sub is surely not going to be mounetd on the rear tray as i dont want a hole there but then the sub is due for some time in the near future. My budget for the amp is 9-12k. Choices being Pio-6100f, Blau-THA480(220-240watts bridged for the sub, Blau GTA-470 and the Earthquake TNT-600(jus a lil concerned about the barnd since i havent heard of it before) , or are there any other amp recommended by all u guys at this price range. waiting for u guys to respond. Thanks

Prinston Pinto
Old 12th December 2005, 11:45   #2557
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by audiojunkie

2.Alpine R types

2.Alpine F-240
You have Alpine in the rear. Stick to it. Hertz I hear is good but I am not sure if the tonal characteristics will mate with your Alpine rear. I used Infinity 5010with Alpine/Vifa components in my wife's car but then the crossover are semi custom.

Last edited by navin : 12th December 2005 at 11:46.
Old 12th December 2005, 18:27   #2558
BHPian

Thanks jkdas...

Will PM revtech for more...

rgds
Old 12th December 2005, 21:19   #2559
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince85
hi all, its abeen a guest on pleasure to be a part of team-bhp, well i have been in this forum as a guest for quite some time now and today i am a proud registered member here. you guys are indeed extreme professionals here. well, guys i needed help for an audio setup for my new esteem.well, let me come to more this cardetails. I had another esteem before in which i had a pioneer 7750 H.U, JBL-gto-936 speakers, sony explod 1300watts sub, fronts were just pioneer tweeters. The rears and the sub were installed on a mdf tray powered by the Sony 504 amp with xome boss audio cables. The sound was decent but it dint entice me too much coz it was a lot of boom boom while very little or poor clarity.
Now, i decieded that in my new esteem i dint want to reapeat my past mistakes, so i have decieded to build my system a step at a time, so after a lot of research i finally made up my mind that the hu was either an alpine 9830 or pioneer p1y. so the day came when i bought my new car out of the showroom and headed straight to car touch in milan subway. there i checked both the hu's and to everybodys shock here found the p1y slightly better than the alpine, yes even after all the tweaks the apline offers. So went ahead and got the p1y, followed it up with the JBL gto-936e rears and since i dint want the wires to be spliced or anything, so bought some extra connectors for the speakers and the h.u and then my hunt started for the front speakers. i decieded on the MA audio-Y3040K(4 inch coaxials) with a rated 50 watts rms and max 100watts. The choice was between these and jbl-426e. i found the MA audio better. now,these speakers dont seem to sit properly on the right side as the cover coverin the front speakers supplied by the car touches the tweeter slightly which make it protrude outwards. Any solutions to this. Gunbir, Jb, Help!!!!!!!!!!!!. And how do u guys rate this system. yea i know compos in the fronts would have been better but sadly no compos available in 4 inches. Car touch had one which is kicker brand but he said that it wouldnt make a difference coz 4 inches is too small a size for compos to perform.
Now i have decieded to go in for an 4 ch amp and i wish to insatll a sub in the near future without an additional amp for. The sub is surely not going to be mounetd on the rear tray as i dont want a hole there but then the sub is due for some time in the near future. My budget for the amp is 9-12k. Choices being Pio-6100f, Blau-THA480(220-240watts bridged for the sub, Blau GTA-470 and the Earthquake TNT-600(jus a lil concerned about the barnd since i havent heard of it before) , or are there any other amp recommended by all u guys at this price range. waiting for u guys to respond. Thanks

Prinston Pinto
Hi PP, welcome to teh ICE section. I did try to read your post but coz your handwriting is very bad I didnt read after 2 lines.

Break up the para into smaller ones so that it wold be easier for us to read. Most of us are busy with jobs and studies and hence will find it easy to help you if your post was more legible

P1y is a nice HU and I think Sam loves it too and so does Gunbir and JB.
Old 12th December 2005, 22:26   #2560
BHPian

I am sorry!

I am soo sorry guys. my earlier post was totally out of sorts. Sorry Jkdas and others. It was a funny case of copy-paste going all wrong(have to do that since i am using dial up). Well, this is my audio setup soo far on my new esteem.
Head Unit - Pioneer P1Y
Rears - JBL GTO 936e
Front Speakers - MA Audio Y3040K
yea i know compos in the fronts would have been better but sadly no compos available in 4 inches. Car touch in (Milan Subway) had one which is kicker brand but he said that it wouldnt make a difference coz 4 inches is too small a size for compos to perform.
Now i have decieded to go in for an 4 ch amp and i wish to install a sub in the near future without an additional amp for it.

The sub is surely not going to be mounted on the rear tray as i dont want to drill a hole there but then the sub is due for some time in the near future. My budget for the amp is 9-12k. Choices being Pio-6100f, Blau-THA480(220-240watts bridged for the sub, Blau GTA-470 and the Earthquake TNT-600(jus a lil concerned about the barnd since i havent heard of it before) , or are there any other 4ch amp recommended by all u guys at this price range of around 8-12k. and also let me know how do i configure the for my setup. waiting anxiously for u guys to respond. Was left a little disappointed that you guys did not respond, but then thanks JK for letting me know about my silly error. Hoping for a better response from all you wonderful people this time around.
Gunbir, Jb, Jkdas, Navin.................please chip in . Thanks

Prinston Pinto
Old 12th December 2005, 23:34   #2561
Senior - BHPian

My suggestion...

Speakers:I am not sure what the fronts can take. I guess it can take a 5 inch compo with small modifications. Since you haev JBL at the rear try to stay with JBL ( same company and model all around would be better).

A compos would be great.Else try GTO 426/ Or stay with your current front speakers. Those GTO 936 can stay.

Amp: You can power all four (front and rear) frm the amp for now. When you get a sub ( Tube or Box ) you can use the HU's out to power the rear speaker and hence power the sub using the now free amp out which was used to power the rear speakers.

PIO 6100/Blau GTA 470 is a good buy and would be sufficient enough to power a pair of speakers and a sub.

Soundstage Problem: If you power the rear 936 from the amp and power the front speakers from the HU, you would get a loud rear soundstage. There would be too much bass as you would be having a sub too inside your cars' boot.

I guess your current front speaker would play well when powered via amp. In my car a GTO 426 is powered frm a Pio amp and play without any distortion even at full vol. and hence I suggested it.

Last edited by jkdas : 12th December 2005 at 23:42.
Old 12th December 2005, 23:44   #2562
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince85
I
My budget for the amp is 9-12k. Choices being Pio-6100f, Blau-THA480(220-240watts bridged for the sub, Blau GTA-470 and the Earthquake TNT-600(jus a lil concerned about the barnd since i havent heard of it before) , or are there any other 4ch amp recommended by all u guys at this price range of around 8-12k.
well the pio 6100 seems to be a good amp at 7.5k and im rest assured that viveks really happy with it..talking about which where the hell is this guy..havent seen him around at all these days..as far as the amps are concerned at the moment alpines seem to be the best,next in line are the blaupunkts unless and until one can afford the real expensive ones..so look for a alpine 4 ch amp as a first preferance,then blau,pio,sony xd series in that order..
Old 13th December 2005, 00:06   #2563
BHPian

thanx jkdas,
i compared the jbl 426e to the MA-Audio fronts which i have rite now and i simply fell for the latter coz it sounds much better than the jbls.its rated at 50watts rms and peaks at 100watts. i am reasonably happy with the sound.
I tried but couldnt manage to get the 5 inch compos in those factory 4 inch pods provided by the manufacturer so yea, had to settle for coaxials. but they are pretty decent.
Now if i power the front speakers from the 2 channels of the amp, wont it be a little too much for the 4 inchers to handle? And wont this waste the more powerful 6x9 JBL's at the back from the H.U?
Is there any way how i can power both pairs of speakers and the sub using a single 4ch amp? And which Sub box/Tube do you recommend for my car taking my current setup in account?
And lastly i know that the tube is strapped to the rear seat of the car but how is the sub box installed(for instance JBL GTO1200B)? is it fixed in the boot or its just placed there?
I will be buying the stuff say by this week end so i seriously need some quick help. Thanks
Old 13th December 2005, 00:15   #2564
BHPian

Thanks Mclaren
I too like the Pio 6100f but the thing is that i am getting the earthquake XTREME BASS 600W.4 with the following specs courtesy www.earthquakesound.com

So i just thought that if i go in for this amp it will be better suited for the JBL sub-box that i am planning to go in for. Please correct me if i am wrong here.

I edited the HTML in your post.
Navin.

Last edited by navin : 13th December 2005 at 09:59.
Old 13th December 2005, 00:26   #2565
BHPian

Gosh i just copy pasted data from the net and it jus flopped when posted. anyways thanx mclaren, t too like the pio amp but then there is this Earthquake XTREME BASS 600.4 amp which i am getting for 11.5k and i am more leaning towards it coz it will give a lot of rms to my sub i.e. 400watts rms. Here are the specs

No. of channels: 4
Max power output: 1200watts
RMS power 4ohm bridged: 2x400
RMS power 2ohm stereo: 4x240
Damping Factor: >800
Cross Over Slopes: 24dB/OCT
THD: >0.016
SNR: 104db
Class: A/B
Speaker connection: 12 guage
Power Connection: 8 guage
Input Level: Independent Low Level RCA

So i just thought that if i go in for this amp it will be better suited for the JBL sub-box that i am planning to go in for. Please correct me if i am wrong here.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks