Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th November 2005, 10:50   #2371
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvinashKeezh
hey mac,
was the idea of changing the front speakers to the blaupunkt 4" a dumb one... i had changed them just because i thought it would last me some time and more over, i felt they sound good... so is it really necessary to change them to 5 1/4 compos!!! navin any takes... :( coz i wouldn't want to invest again on the fronts!!!
i'll do the sub and the amp as mentioned .. pio 306 and the sony 504 (how much with Bill & Warr?)
ak
well i wouldnt call it a dumb one at all...all such things do happen..but if you keep ur fronts and get a 6x9 from infinity at the back and a sub u will have the following problems :
1. your rears will drown out the fronts totally..so no front soundstage..
2. since ur using a sub and 6x9's u will have excessive bass as your 6x9's too will act as 8'' subs..so that will drown ur fronts even further..
3. by getting components for the front u can stick to ur factory 5x7 rears and get front soundstage..thats what one need when driving the car all by himself..
4. or else u can get the sub and the amp and set ur fader to the front and try to strike a balance between ur stock fronts and stock rears..that way you will have to spend on the amp and sub only..

i personally prefer option 3..i am sure the others will chip in soon..

btw the sony 504 is 5k with B&W..
Old 11th November 2005, 10:51   #2372
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin
JKDas, Mclaren, zzzehar please refer to my post 2360. INthe few posts immediately after this request you have used SMS terminology. Fortunately it was somewhat easier to read but it can snowball very fast. Please refrain from using SMS terms while posting on this forum.
ooppss..sorry modji..will keep in mind..wont be repeated..
Old 11th November 2005, 10:53   #2373
BANNED

Quote:
Avi, you can use the 4" for the rear so you dont have to waste them.
no navin that way by using the 4'' at the back he will be wasting a pair of 5x7's that he has..so it would be better to waste the 4'' than the 5x7..thats what i think..
Old 11th November 2005, 11:02   #2374
BHPian

Quote:
Avi, you can use the 4" for the rear so you dont have to waste them.
navin, how do i go about fiting the ODx 402E on the rear????

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885
well i wouldnt call it a dumb one at all...
4. or else u can get the sub and the amp and set ur fader to the front and try to strike a balance between ur stock fronts and stock rears..that way you will have to spend on the amp and sub only..
i personally prefer option 3..i am sure the others will chip in soon..
btw the sony 504 is 5k with B&W..
the front speakers are not stock, i had changed them to blaupunkt ODx 402E..

but like navin said, i'll see if i can put them on the rear!! ..
and take 5 1/4 compos for the front and a sub for the rear along with the 5x7s.. using the amp to drive the sub and the fronts!!!

ak
Old 11th November 2005, 12:37   #2375
Team-BHP Support

to fit the 402 i the rear you'd have to make an adapter from MDF. the stock 5x7 might provide more bass than the 402e but the 402e might be better above 250Hz.

since you are getting a sub the 402 might be a good alternate to the 5x7 but then you would be wasting the 5x7. your choice.
Old 11th November 2005, 12:50   #2376
BHPian

Speakers

Navin,
I have a weird query, i was just wondering why all(i suppose) speakers have a resistance of 4 ohms, irrespective of their shape sizes, type?
Old 11th November 2005, 12:55   #2377
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrey
Navin,
I have a weird query, i was just wondering why all(i suppose) speakers have a resistance of 4 ohms, irrespective of their shape sizes, type?
Shrey

The size of speaker has nothing to do with the impedance. The impedance is of wire winded on the voice coil. In car audio 4ohm is the standard impedance..thogh you can find 2 Ohm speakers with some manufacturers
Old 11th November 2005, 14:16   #2378
BHPian

Autophile,

I know Impedance/resistance of the speaker depends on Coil only and not on size of cone, magnet or shell etc. What i was asking is
1. why a standard of 4ohm was chosen.
2. why a 4 ohms tweeter and 4 ohms subwoofer, both fed from same source one by one gives different output( in terms of sound power output)
when we know that in both cases current in the coil will be same, so in case of speakers wattage looks like, is not decided by P= I(square)*R.( in this case it only equals to heat produced in wires and not the sound )
3. what is the limiting factor for current?(Thermal or linear displacement) what is the max. current a P watt (rms) speaker with R impedance can handle?

Navin please throw some light.
Old 11th November 2005, 18:03   #2379
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
JKDas, Mclaren, zzzehar please refer to my post 2360. INthe few posts immediately after this request you have used SMS terminology. Fortunately it was somewhat easier to read but it can snowball very fast. Please refrain from using SMS terms while posting on this forum.
sorry mod.

and in between, i see only one post of mine after the 2360th post and in it i mispelled 'was' as 'ws'. its not short message service(sms) lingo. its a spell mistake.
Old 11th November 2005, 18:10   #2380
Senior - BHPian

@ shrey : standarisation i guess. like you have the iso stuff, you know protocols and stuff.

Last edited by jkdas : 11th November 2005 at 18:12. Reason: used u instead of you !
Old 11th November 2005, 19:52   #2381
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aseem
Welcome back Zehar, good to see you out here. How is your system doing? feedback?
Hi Aseem,
My system is Ok, I faced a problem with the head unit withing 2 days of getting it installed. the volume button on the head unit would work only when it wanted to.
The guy first tried replacing the face plate but still that didn't work, so he changed the whole unit for free ;-)

The speakers are undoubtly awesome, I am getting the 4 inchers by BOSS only for Rs 1200.

Also will all Sub and Amp soon.
Old 11th November 2005, 20:18   #2382
Team-BHP Support

blaupunkt 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvinashKeezh
front speakers to the blaupunkt 4"
are these with the model number ODx402?
in your earlier post you've mentioned they were the thin type. i'm planning on putting the same ones on in a Zen, so just verifying.
ad
Old 11th November 2005, 20:25   #2383
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzzehar
Hi Aseem,
My system is Ok, I faced a problem with the head unit withing 2 days of getting it installed. the volume button on the head unit would work only when it wanted to.
The guy first tried replacing the face plate but still that didn't work, so he changed the whole unit for free ;-)

The speakers are undoubtly awesome, I am getting the 4 inchers by BOSS only for Rs 1200.

Also will all Sub and Amp soon.
whats the mrp of those BOSS. just curious
Old 11th November 2005, 21:07   #2384
BHPian

hey guys - i wanna ask - can i fit in 6 inch components for the front instead of the 5.25 inches ??..i mean is it possible to cut some metal in the speaker compartment and fit in 6 inchers?..
My car is a 2005 New Honda City .
p.s. - SAM,I was the one who met you at AV Expo at Grand Hyatt today !!

cheers,
sr

Last edited by srasania : 11th November 2005 at 21:08.
Old 11th November 2005, 21:23   #2385
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by srasania
hey guys - i wanna ask - can i fit in 6 inch components for the front instead of the 5.25 inches ??..i mean is it possible to cut some metal in the speaker compartment and fit in 6 inchers?..
My car is a 2005 New Honda City .
p.s. - SAM,I was the one who met you at AV Expo at Grand Hyatt today !!

cheers,
sr
well u can fix 6.5'' components,but u will have to make some slight mods to your car doorpads..and u will have to use mdf rings so that the cone wont touch ur glass..its quite possible..

oye sam !!!! u partying kya ??? hhhmm..no wonder he is not online for quite sometime now..

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks