Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th November 2005, 14:13   #2311
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas
Welcome to ICE section of Team-bhp mate.
Thanx JK!

ICE bole to? Internal Combustion Engine?? or is it something similar to Vivek's CCTB
Old 9th November 2005, 14:17   #2312
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrey
Thanx JK!

ICE bole to? Internal Combustion Engine?? or is it something similar to Vivek's CCTB
so viveks CCTB is famous with our newbies too..haha..looks like sam and me pulled of a really good one there..anyways welcome to ICE (no not internal combustion engine but IN CAR ENTERTAINMENT)..so let the trip to the confusion land begin lol..
Old 9th November 2005, 14:17   #2313
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
The reason why i'm here:
Recently i bought a Swift as well, and since then i'm planning to install an audio system.
Swift.

1. do you need your trunk regularly?
2. what is your budget?
3. what music do you listen to?

I'm sure if you answer these queries Sam, Autophile and co will hook you up fast.

Amps and speakers is a huge topic stick around and ask questions and soon you'll be offering advice too.
Old 9th November 2005, 14:19   #2314
Senior - BHPian

lol, thats a new line here " 1. do you need your trunk regularly?"

what if he had a car with boot ;
Old 9th November 2005, 14:35   #2315
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Sam,

Yup its ONLY Audio, and i hate all that Mcpherson strut, clutch, Turbocharger, alternater, alignment stuff, like you said in one of the post.
I like this man already
Main wahi toh bolta hoon, why do all these people waste time with engines vengines and all here.

Mate, Navin's right. We need musical preference, budget preference and sexual preference to offer you any advice.
One of those is an option, but i cant remember which.

Cheers
Old 9th November 2005, 14:57   #2316
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin
Swift.

1. do you need your trunk regularly?
2. what is your budget?
3. what music do you listen to?
1. No.
2. 30K
3. :confused ? soul stirring ? LOL

Point1: in case i need to take out the spare wheel, or put some large suitcase, i should be in a position to take out whatever hanging in there, all by myself.
Point 2: I'm planning to go for separate Amp for Sub, but i'll go for Amp and Sub later
point 3: if it is for Subs, then i don't want boom boom, i want sufficient Bass heard even at lower volumes
Old 9th November 2005, 15:03   #2317
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi
I like this man already
Main wahi toh bolta hoon, why do all these people waste time with engines vengines and all here.

Mate, Navin's right. We need musical preference, budget preference and [BLINK]sexual preference [/BLINK] to offer you any advice.
One of those is an option, but i cant remember which.

Cheers
SA~M~M !! Since you 've started liking me, i 'm getting scared of ur sexual preferences?

Anyways you must be wondering, "Iska Speaker mere Speaker se Green kaisey ?"

Actually it turned green with envy!
Old 9th November 2005, 15:20   #2318
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
1. No.
2. 30K
3. :confused ? soul stirring ? LOL

Point1: in case i need to take out the spare wheel, or put some large suitcase, i should be in a position to take out whatever hanging in there, all by myself.
Point 2: I'm planning to go for separate Amp for Sub, but i'll go for Amp and Sub later
point 3: if it is for Subs, then i don't want boom boom, i want sufficient Bass heard even at lower volumes
OK So here it goes:

30k is fairly decent. Get yourself a head unit with a CDplayer in it. You will find many options in this forum between 5 to 8k.You can buy any brand, but we seem to prefer Alpine, Pioneer and Sony (not necessarily in that order)
Buy a set of components (6") for the front. Buy coaxial speakers for the rear (6") all 4 speakers will put you back by about 8 to 9k. Always prefer to buy speakers from a specialized SPEAKER manufacturer.
Buy a nice 4 channel amp - 5k to 9k, depending on the brand, Alpine, Sony,JBL, etc. 2 Channels for the bass and 2 for the speakers.
If you like all round sound with no fader, you can connect all 4 speakers to 2 channels. otherwise, the front components to one pair of channels, the rear speakers directly on the HU and the woofer, bridged to the other pair of channels.
When your budget goes up a little later, buy a small amp or a monoblock too later. That way you can amplify all your speakers.
And buy a tube woofer. That way you use up the whole boot, but can remove it quite easily when required. The most preferred tube in this forum is the JBL CS1200T for 6.5k.

I'm not gay, I've got quite a penchant for women as you will discover eventually. By the way what speaker is that in your avatar?
Old 9th November 2005, 15:30   #2319
Senior - BHPian

i got some new names, visonik, pheonix, lanzar,Hifonics Warrior Merlin , bose ( they have a 100dollar mono, 200W @ 4ohm and 850W @ 2ohm and snr >105db! (source http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAu...x?CategoryID=1 ) are any of these any good ?
Old 9th November 2005, 15:34   #2320
Distinguished - BHPian

Some brands like Phoenix are big in the USA. Others, well i know they're not available and even the few that ae, arent easy to come by. By the way thats not Bose, it's Boss.
Old 9th November 2005, 15:37   #2321
BHPian

Sam i 've some queries,

1.Components consist of a woofer, a separate tweeter and a XO
6" woofer will be fitted in the door provision, where do i have to fit Tweeter and where is XO placed?

2. Should i go for Infinity's ref6010cs (will it fit in Swift) or JBL's GTO606Ce, how much 6010cs costs?

3. which one among a 2-way amp or a monobloc is better for powering a Sub-Woofer?

As far as the Speaker in my avtar, i would say "yeh is speaker ko nahin pehchantaa!!, yeh PSPO nahin jantaaa!!"
its Kappa621i, i don't know whether its available in India, atleast its not listed on www.fxaudio.com
Old 9th November 2005, 15:50   #2322
Distinguished - BHPian

It looked like a older Infinity. it's been a while since we had that speaker. Has been replaced by http://www.infinitysystems.com/caraudio/product.aspx?ProdId='KAPPA62.7I'&Ser=KAP&Cat=MEL

1) Yes You are right about components. Woofer and XO will fit inside door. Tweeter can be placed somewhere on the door or dash board.

6010cs and 606ce are both excellent compos, both different sounding and at different budgets. lets just say if you like your music dynamic you'll like JBL and if you like refined then you'll like infinity. Navin has posted a detailed review on his personal 5010cs. the product is almost identical to the 6010cs, save for the woofer size.
The 606Ce is for 6500 and the 6010cs is for 9500/-
Maybe, perhaps you may also find the 6000cs (a 2004 infinty product) at a discount in certain accessory stores.
3. a Monoblock amplifier, designed for running a subwoofer will always do a better job.
Old 9th November 2005, 16:08   #2323
Team-BHP Support

30K....
HU: 10K - Sony or Pio.
Front and rear Speakers: 10K - JBL 606 and JBL 636
Amp and sub: 10K - JBL 1200T with sony 504

Infinity would extend your budget or eliminate the amp and sub.
Old 10th November 2005, 09:22   #2324
Senior - BHPian

ok you guys have heard abt yellow coned pios

green coned kappas

http://www.georgeandsons.net/av_gs.html

see that for red colored something
Old 10th November 2005, 09:58   #2325
Senior - BHPian

how abt
Alpine CDE-9843R MP3 CD Tuner 45W x 4
Alpine SPE-6902 6"x 9" Speakers, 2 Way Coaxial, 150w
Alpine MRP-T220 240 Watt Amplifier