Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th November 2005, 01:36   #2221
BHPian

Exactly i m using only two channel......so is that wrong??.
If i use four channel then two channels shoud b assinged for speaker and two for Sub...right???..Plz let me knw

Last edited by somebodystopme : 6th November 2005 at 01:39.
Old 6th November 2005, 01:50   #2222
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodystopme
Hi,
Well i am having a very strange prob if anyone can help me i will b greatful.
Well Today i got installed a new woofer for my car tht is pioneet 306 dvc.....Well here goes the problem my speakers are pioneer 6991S and my amp is sony 504, Today when i got installed the woofer my amp started tripping, though right now only two channels are open but it is still tripping tomm i am thinking of buying one more Rc lead and get it installed so that all four channels work to support woofer...Is there any thing else i can do about it???? What is wrong with my amp??PLZ HELP

My amp is 500 W
Speakers 460 W
And woofer is 1000W...
Is it the diff bcoz of wattage tht its not working...plz help????
Ok here is my two cents worth. You should have gone for the Pioneer 306C with single voice coil. Your amplifier is 120 watts in bridged mode at 4 ohms and not stable to work at 2 ohms mono. So possibly two things are happening:

1) You have wired the sub in parallel at 2 ohms and the amp is not able to drive it at all
2) You have wired teh sub in series at 8 ohms so the effective power from the amp to the subwoofer is 75 watts, the subwoofer on the other hand is 400 watts RMS, so its grossly underpowered and clipping.

Like Navin said, the current limiter is turning the amplifier off.
Old 6th November 2005, 02:07   #2223
BHPian

Alright so wht shud b done now to make this 306Dvc work in my car???? Do i have to get another amp or is there a way out...

Well i dont exactly knw wht my friend has done all i can tell u is tht he has put both woofer wire and speaker wire in one point and its working fine at low volume and works fine for 15 min at high vol also but after tht it trips dwn....But still plays at low vol..after restarting

Will getting one more Rc lead help...Right now it only is connected with one Rc cable

Last edited by somebodystopme : 6th November 2005 at 02:14.
Old 6th November 2005, 05:22   #2224
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas
mcl? u slept or still with that newbie?
arrey what lol actually wasnt even trying to impress her,woh delhi mein and me here in bangy..i was out for a tbhp meet,so couldnt be online..btw just returned home after seeing a 600+ bhp supra,mr2,bzen,modded lancers and citys..man bangalore is a ball for souped up cars..im sure sam and JB will agree with me..
Old 6th November 2005, 05:32   #2225
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodystopme
Alright so wht shud b done now to make this 306Dvc work in my car???? Do i have to get another amp or is there a way out...

Well i dont exactly knw wht my friend has done all i can tell u is tht he has put both woofer wire and speaker wire in one point and its working fine at low volume and works fine for 15 min at high vol also but after tht it trips dwn....But still plays at low vol..after restarting

Will getting one more Rc lead help...Right now it only is connected with one Rc cable
well the best thing that u can do or actually the only thing u can do is remove the sub and the 6991 that u seemed to have connected parallelly for the moment..connect ur 6991's to 2 ch of the amplifier and as u mentioned ur sub is a DVC connect both the coils in series so that will give u a load of 8ohms..now connect the sub to the other 2 channels of the amplifier..should work fine once this thing is sorted out..do let us know once this is done as to how it sounds..should rock even at high volumes..
btw why did u keep the other 2 ch unused..unless u were planning to power ur fronts that is..

as far as the cabling goes u can check out the RCA's from belden or monster..
Old 6th November 2005, 11:11   #2226
SRK
Senior - BHPian

Hi I need some advice on audio systems.
I have an ikon 1.6 . I've got a pioneer P1Y system and two soundstream 120W speakers at back,in front i have the stock speakers from ford.
Now i need my car to sound good without the sound cracking (i mean the "fatela" sound) when i turn the volume controller to full. I have herd components are good for front and they do not crack the sound.also i wanted to know if speakers are neccesary or i can replace them with bigger components.
You give me you opinion what should i put to enhance the sound without loosing quality keeping the head unit same .Remember i have a bad habit of listening to full volume.
Old 6th November 2005, 11:45   #2227
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRK
I have an ikon 1.6 . I've got a pioneer P1Y system and two soundstream 120W speakers at back,in front i have the stock speakers from ford.
Now i need my car to sound good without the sound cracking (i mean the "fatela" sound) when i turn the volume controller to full. I have herd components are good for front and they do not crack the sound.also i wanted to know if speakers are neccesary or i can replace them with bigger components.
You give me you opinion what should i put to enhance the sound without loosing quality keeping the head unit same .Remember i have a bad habit of listening to full volume.
1. Nice HU
2. use an Amp to power the speakers; 4 channel amps start frm 3.5k onwards. since you like high vol, get a good amp above 5k i guess ( pio,alpine, etc)

your HU cant play the speakers at full vol and hence teh amp's needed.

3. mate, u drive the car? if so, components at the front. ther are loads of them around ( jbl, hertz,blau etc). Compos play very well and neat taht you prsent front speakers .

to round up.

get a 4 channel amp.
get compos at the front ( i am not sure what a ford ikon front doors can take.. 5inch or 6 inch ? )

about rear speakers.. can you give the right series of soundstream you have? ( i cant comment abt the brand as i haventheard abt them; wait till our audio gurus wake up)

otherwise get some 6x9 speakrs for rear.

if you can, add a sub. ( this is anotehr story)

and mate, your budget please
Old 6th November 2005, 15:04   #2228
BANNED

well srk stick with the pio HU..its really a good one..as far as the speakers from soundstream they are one of the better brands..but the speakers arent meant to be played at full volumes while running on the HU amps..so u gotto get a amplifier to be able to do so..btw tell us how much are u willing to spend on upgrading ur system and only then we maybe able to tell u exactly what to choose from..
Old 6th November 2005, 16:02   #2229
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRK
Hi There,

Welcome to this part of the forum
Soundstream is a pretty decent brand. Lets obviously work from there. Keep those. (Of course). Lost the stock speakers in the front, Immediately.
Let me tell you that even a 2 lac rupee system in the car will not sound good at FULL volume. It is indeed a bad habit and honestly, dont increase it with your eyes, increase the volume with your ears. Turn it up, till it stops sounding right to you, then turn it down a wee bit. Never mind what the volume CAN go up to, that is not how you're supposed to listen to it.
The ford Ikon can take 5.25" components in the front. Put those in. Get an amplifier. If you buy a 4 channel amp, you will find that you are able to turn it up with lower distortion and a higher sound level.

If low bass is your thing, add a subwoofer. You could either add a "free air/IB" subwoofer, which is basically an open speaker that is mounted the way you have mounted your speakers,
Or a boxed/tubed subwoofer. In an Ikon I find the tube gives better results.

Baaki, let us know what happens next..
God Bless Australia
Old 6th November 2005, 22:38   #2230
Senior - BHPian

Palio setup

helloooo

anyone here know wht the rear pods of a palio can take?

i am suggesting 426e for front and rear for the car as he doesnt want anything to be cut ( the guy told me the back takes only 4 inchers).
i may even get the 936 or 636 at the back though.

and any suggestion in the case of a HU ? pios are prefered. i think he may go for the 5750 (?)

the budgets damn tight. so its just the HU + 4 speakers.
Old 6th November 2005, 23:17   #2231
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi
Let me tell you that even a 2 lac rupee system in the car will not sound good at FULL volume.
You wanna bet Sam?

Guys Sam is half right. Increase volume with your ears. Unless you guys are seeing music instead of listening to it. Almost all speakers, amps, etc... have a range in which they perform best. speakers exhibit this the most as they convert electrical energy to mechanical energy.

That said...any system consisting of a good HU, good Amp and decent speakers can sound good at "full" volume. the definition of full volume is very vague. if you mean full volume by what you see on your HU's panel what i said can be made true if you mean full volumes by the limits of the amplifier, thermal limits of the speakers etc... then Sam's contention is correct.

now my 30 secs are up....if you want to know more, scream!
Old 6th November 2005, 23:33   #2232
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885
well the best thing that u can do or actually the only thing u can do is remove the sub and the 6991 that u seemed to have connected parallelly for the moment..connect ur 6991's to 2 ch of the amplifier and as u mentioned ur sub is a DVC connect both the coils in series so that will give u a load of 8ohms..now connect the sub to the other 2 channels of the amplifier..should work fine once this thing is sorted out..do let us know once this is done as to how it sounds..should rock even at high volumes..
btw why did u keep the other 2 ch unused..unless u were planning to power ur fronts that is..

as far as the cabling goes u can check out the RCA's from belden or monster..

Hi Mclaren & everyone,
Thanks for advice today i got everything figured out fine,As mclaren told now the speakers are on 2 channel and on other two channel is the Dvc.....Working good...But the thing i m worried about is that amp is getting too hot......Monster rc cable was coming for 4k didnt had tht much cash after installing Dvc so went for Jbl cable costed only 650 bugs, and it works quite good.
Well i was not installing my sub on only two channels b coz at tht time i didnt had any spare Rc cable so i was trying to make it work on two channels only...so does that mean tht on a 2 channel amp this configuration of 6991 and dvc cannot work???

And i still feel tht some thing must b done to get good bass out of the sub so installing one more amp with this setting will help me in any way, i was thinking to get alpine 620 (two channel amp) Will it help???Or shall i go for something else rather than installing one more amp????Do help...!!!!
Old 6th November 2005, 23:35   #2233
Team-BHP Support

if the amp is getting too hot put the subs in series. my guess is you got the subs in parallel.
Old 6th November 2005, 23:39   #2234
Distinguished - BHPian

Hey ICE bros..
We have a Palio with a Pioneer cassette deck and a 6 X 9 rear speakers and regular front speakers.
All are Pioneer. I was wondering whether i could put 4" speakers in the back, safely w/o the use of an amp. or something.
4" because the org. space for the speakers is only 4" as the remaining space has been hogged up by the Pioneers.
I require good bass and treble. I generally listen to Radio or Heavy Metal songs and if the quality of the sound were to be better then the Pioneers, i wouldn't mind.
I also wouldn't mind replacing the Pioneer Speakers but i can't spend alot as it is my pocket money (All mods to anycar come frmo my pocket now).
How would the JBL GTO 426e be?

Oh and has anyone heard of MTX audio? I saw a couple of speakers, they cost 10K but the quality is damn good. Couldn't hear it though.
Old 6th November 2005, 23:45   #2235
Senior - BHPian

426 would be a nice choice. i use them for my car ( they are powered by amps)

could u get 506 compos at the back? i mean if u dont mind some cutting.

426 = 2.5k b&w
506 = 4.5k i guess

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks