Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment

Search this Thread
Old 2nd November 2005, 22:13   #2206
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885

sam kapasi : looks like he hasnt had the time to log in that often after tying the not..no no this time i didnt mean the knot with JBL...wonder who is his better half---> audio or wifey !!!!!
hey sam do make sometime for ur friends on the forum rey..
My time is all yours. Please let me set the record straight. I havent got married. Well I was many years ago.
I do plan to get married again, but this is something i recommend for trained professionals only. Do not try this at home.
And when i do, you guys will know first!
It's time to change my signature I think.
Old 2nd November 2005, 22:20   #2207
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi
My time is all yours. Please let me set the record straight. I havent got married. Well I was many years ago.
I do plan to get married again, but this is something i recommend for trained professionals only. Do not try this at home.
And when i do, you guys will know first!
It's time to change my signature I think.
arey so u havent got married..now thats a schock..haha trained proffessional eh..i better get some coaching from u then sam..
yaya..u better change ur signature..its that sig of urs that gave us the idea lol that u have disappeared owing to tying the knot..
Old 2nd November 2005, 22:27   #2208
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi
I am truly sorry to hear this Gunbir. Truly.
Thanks Sam, Navinji, 5u3zero, McLaren, JK and others... Samir is remembered and missed by everyone.

He had a major impact on many peoples lives. Due to our car accident back in Jan 2000, where we werent wearing seat belts, he fractured his C1 C2 and that left him paralysed below the neck... A quadraplegic like the late Christopher Reeves. On a respirator since then, he fought for nearly six years...

He loved cars, bikes and all things automotive. I urge all Team BHPians to take road safety very seriously and do wear your seat belts.
Old 2nd November 2005, 22:32   #2209
Senior - BHPian

i guess sam would be posting abt his marriage news in the Sam's Surprise thread.
Old 2nd November 2005, 22:43   #2210
Senior - BHPian

Gunbir, sorry to hear about your loss. My condolences to you and the rest of your family. May his soul rest in peace.
Old 3rd November 2005, 00:30   #2211
Team-BHP Support

See mclaren, this is th best way to scare Sam out of hiding. spread the news that he got married. LOL.
Old 3rd November 2005, 00:36   #2212
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin
See mclaren, this is th best way to scare Sam out of hiding. spread the news that he got married. LOL.
haha..so true navin..so true..will keep in mind..
Old 3rd November 2005, 01:24   #2213
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunbir
Thanks Sam, Navinji, 5u3zero, McLaren, JK and others... Samir is remembered and missed by everyone.

He had a major impact on many peoples lives. Due to our car accident back in Jan 2000, where we werent wearing seat belts, he fractured his C1 C2 and that left him paralysed below the neck... A quadraplegic like the late Christopher Reeves. On a respirator since then, he fought for nearly six years...

He loved cars, bikes and all things automotive. I urge all Team BHPians to take road safety very seriously and do wear your seat belts.
Hey gunbir... I'm so sorry to hear about this... Deepest condolences to you and your family... His soul will sure rest in peace, my friend....
Old 4th November 2005, 15:01   #2214
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885
well the sienna also should have the same config as in the palio,so u can bank on what sam said..

well one way i would like to put it is..my zen had space for only 4'' in the front but with a metal spacer and some tinkering(no cutting of the door pads whatsoever) we ended fitting a 5.25'' mid range with satisfying results..so u gotto look around for alternatives and maybe u can get it done without having to do major mods..unless u try it urself its very hard to tell to what extent u might have to chip and chop..
Not as simple in the Fiat my friend. But can be done.
Old 5th November 2005, 21:57   #2215
BHPian

Sony 504 amp

Hi,
Well i am having a very strange prob if anyone can help me i will b greatful.
Well Today i got installed a new woofer for my car tht is pioneet 306 dvc.....Well here goes the problem my speakers are pioneer 6991S and my amp is sony 504, Today when i got installed the woofer my amp started tripping, though right now only two channels are open but it is still tripping tomm i am thinking of buying one more Rc lead and get it installed so that all four channels work to support woofer...Is there any thing else i can do about it???? What is wrong with my amp??PLZ HELP

My amp is 500 W
Speakers 460 W
And woofer is 1000W...
Is it the diff bcoz of wattage tht its not working...plz help????
Old 5th November 2005, 22:03   #2216
Senior - BHPian

alright, cant stop u now as i cant make anything from your post.
mate, was your pios 6991 running via the amp?
did u connect the sub and 6991 in parallel?

mcl? u slept or still with that newbie?
Old 5th November 2005, 22:41   #2217
BHPian

Well yes my speakers were running via the amp, and abt the parallel thingy well that i dont know...I can only explain it in this way tht out of four channels in the amp, both speakers and woffer were put to work only through 2 channel....So now is this info sufficient????Do reply???
Old 5th November 2005, 22:53   #2218
Senior - BHPian

please be clear about the connection. did you mean that you haev used only one rc cable to fed the amp frm HU or that u have used the same out from amp to power teh sub and the pios 6991?

i guess you are running your sub and the pio 9661 frm the same channel. and hence the amp gets tripped as it been overloaded.
Old 5th November 2005, 23:19   #2219
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas
please be clear about the connection. did you mean that you haev used only one rc cable to fed the amp frm HU or that u have used the same out from amp to power teh sub and the pios 6991?

i guess you are running your sub and the pio 9661 frm the same channel. and hence the amp gets tripped as it been overloaded.

Well I think its both the things together, right now its running only on one Rc cable.Is Rc cable used to power tha amp???? And ya sub and speakers are getting power frm same channel...
Is it wrong??? What shall i do?? Get one more Rc lead, if yes thn plz advice on good quality Rc cables and brands

Last edited by somebodystopme : 5th November 2005 at 23:21.
Old 6th November 2005, 00:22   #2220
Team-BHP Support

me thinks he is using only 2 channels of a 4 channel amp to drive the 6x9 and sub. current limiter is triping the amp.

Most Viewed