Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd November 2005, 11:51   #2191
Team-BHP Support

JK I am useless at prices ok so we spend 19K instead of 17K. ha ha ha. someone gotta warn speedofreak.
Old 2nd November 2005, 11:57   #2192
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedofreak
thanx..........that was fast......theek hai..........let me visit the shop...and have a demo........ .............and ya.....
what sub and amp........(brand/model)
......saala iam novice here.......asking so much...............aur haan jkdas ......what is the editing thng......u wr suggesting
someone will get back 2 u. if not i envy u ...

mate c if u can fix the 606 at the frnt.

sub...try tube or box (6k i guess)

or get a sub, get a box = 5k max.
Old 2nd November 2005, 11:57   #2193
BHPian

Quote:
gunbir : cant comment on his disappearance as his family has come across a tragic incident !!!! once again my sincere condolences with ur family gunbir and hope that all the guys on this forum pray for the departed soul of his younger brother (who also joined tbhp with the ID phoenix)..may his soul rest in peace..
That came across as a shock.

My deepest condolences to you, Gunbir and your family. May his soul rest in peace.
Old 2nd November 2005, 12:02   #2194
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
thanx..........that was fast......theek hai..........let me visit the shop...and have a demo........ .............and ya.....
what sub and amp........(brand/model)
......saala iam novice here.......asking so much...............aur haan jkdas ......what is the editing thng......u wr suggesting
sub model num???
look at the GTO 1200B..its a 12'' sub with a custom made ported enclosure and retails at 9k..or a GT4-12 with which u will have to get the enclosure made urself..it costs 5.5k..so add another 2k for the box..
components: hhhmm..i would prefer the alpine s type as everything else is alpine..what say navin..that way the HF would have better match..
amp: 50.4 is at 9k but better not use it to run a sub..
75.4 at 16k bud overshoots ur budget..
alpine MRP-F320(5 ch) or 240 (4 ch)..waiting for viveks conformation on the prices..lazy ass where are the prices and guys he is still to find time for the photoshoot and to show me his setup after the CCTB..
pioneer 6100 (4 ch) at 6.5k..these are the amps i would choose btwn..
PS: look navin im an expert at oveershooting the budget and making one go bankrupt lol !!!!
Old 2nd November 2005, 12:06   #2195
BHPian

Quote:
LEkin kya hai......as soon as i exceed volume 25+(min 0-35 max)...with bass setting high.....the sound is distorted......(i loathe it...... )...........iam nuts abt this.............HELP ME
You need an amp to sort that issue out.

Buy a good 4 ch amp putting out atleast 35/40 watts rms per channel for around 7k/8k. Buy good components for the front around 4k/5k. A Pio/Sony sub for 3k on the rear parcel tray 1k or MDF ported box 2k. Remaining money for wires and installation.

Move the co-axials to the rear, parallel connect two channels of the amplifier to the 4 speakers and bridge the remaining 2 channels to the sub. I am sure if installed correctly, your car will sing well!

Last edited by 5u3zEr0 : 2nd November 2005 at 12:09.
Old 2nd November 2005, 13:44   #2196
BHPian

Quote:

LEkin kya hai......as soon as i exceed volume 25+(min 0-35 max)...with bass setting high.....the sound is distorted......(i loathe it...... )...........iam nuts abt this.............HELP ME
i apologize to the mods for the dexteral sins commited.

ok i got my part of thrashing......poor me...... :-(

coming back to work ....i have a query here

What is that causing my speakers to distort when i raise the volume.....and how would a amplifier help........

correct me.... is it my poor 6'5 alpine co-axials can't take the ouput of the HU....or something else......please suggest?

and

Naveen u suggested i should put my co-axials in the rear...and run them directly from the HU.......won't that cause same problem....as in my front comps and sub will run on AMP....and rear Coaxials on HU(again distortion with 25+ volume).....?
Old 2nd November 2005, 14:24   #2197
Senior - BHPian

What is destroying the speakers is destortion. The speakers are trying to play frequencies for which they are not designed for (namely lowe frequencies and noise), try using an HPF setting on your head unit. What destroys the speakers is distortion. If you turn the volume all the way up on the head unit, there will be distortion. If you start hearing distortion, turn the volume down. An amplifier allows the volume in the system to be higher, while the volume control on the head unit is down in the range where no distortion is present.
Old 2nd November 2005, 14:28   #2198
BHPian

Quote:
Naveen u suggested i should put my co-axials in the rear...and run them directly from the HU.......won't that cause same problem....as in my front comps and sub will run on AMP....and rear Coaxials on HU(again distortion with 25+ volume).....?

I may not be right but have you tried using the fader controls/ equaliser cntrols to reduce the settings so that the rears( speakers) are not loaded to distortion levels above 25+ vol. The sound stage may be shifted to the front though. Or maybe ur speakers arent powerful enuff...jst guessing
Old 2nd November 2005, 14:34   #2199
Team-BHP Support

speedofreak.

1. cut out those "...." they are to be used judicioulsy.

2. adding good components, a sub and an amp will significantly increase the SPLs you get in your car. the rear speakers are primaily for rear fill so you wont need to turn them up so high to cause them to distort.

3. Besides I get the impression that some of the distortion you are hearing is your HU's amplifer running out of steam. I wont be surprised if you see the display on your HU dim on transients.
Old 2nd November 2005, 16:22   #2200
BANNED

well as an afterthougth why dont u decrease the loudness to a level lower and get the EQ settings right..by the way guys i think speedo is trying to get the results of a 6x9 using the 6'' coax..so thats why the distortion levels are so evident..the 6'' coax arent designed like the 6x9's to play loud and at the same time thump ur ears with bass..i think if he gets a pair of 6x9's for the back and strikes out a balance with the fader he should do fine..

as u have mentioned that ur budget is 18k id say:
1. JBL 606ce at 6k or hertz ESK165 at 8170.. id say in this front go for hertz(remember this is one notch higher than the JBL..hertz also have a lower lineup called DSK 165 at 5.5k) as they are very warm and clean compared to the JBL's..more over ur in delhi,so u shouldnt have problems getting hertz..just PM gunbir and autophile for the details..
2. get pioneer 6100 at 6.5k or alpine mrp-t240 at 7k..
3. get either JBL 12'' sub and get a sealed enclosure done at 5.5+1.5=7k..
or a pioneer 306 sub with a sealed enclosure for 3k+1k=4k..

so go 4 ESK165/DSK 165 + any amp + pio sub = 8/5.5+7+4=19k/16.5k..
spend about a 1-2k for for wiring..
Old 2nd November 2005, 17:21   #2201
Team-BHP Support

mclaren have you compared the DSK165 to the 606 or the ESK 165 to the Infinity 6010?
Old 2nd November 2005, 18:29   #2202
BHPian

HI All
It was mentioned by Sam before that the Palio has slots for 4" in the front & 5.25" in the rear parcel tray..
Is it the same standard setup in the Siena/Petra as well ?

Also if it is a 4" setup in the front..is it easy to fit in 5 or 5.25" Comps in the front door..or does it involve some major cutting shutting ?
Old 2nd November 2005, 18:46   #2203
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin
mclaren have you compared the DSK165 to the 606 or the ESK 165 to the Infinity 6010?
well ya navin the comparison was between the the DSK 165 and the 606..
i havent heard the infinity 6010 though..the ESK 165 comes very close to the alpine r type components(dont remember the model number) at a moderately lesser price..
Old 2nd November 2005, 18:51   #2204
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by paharino1
HI All
It was mentioned by Sam before that the Palio has slots for 4" in the front & 5.25" in the rear parcel tray..
Is it the same standard setup in the Siena/Petra as well ?

Also if it is a 4" setup in the front..is it easy to fit in 5 or 5.25" Comps in the front door..or does it involve some major cutting shutting ?
well the sienna also should have the same config as in the palio,so u can bank on what sam said..

well one way i would like to put it is..my zen had space for only 4'' in the front but with a metal spacer and some tinkering(no cutting of the door pads whatsoever) we ended fitting a 5.25'' mid range with satisfying results..so u gotto look around for alternatives and maybe u can get it done without having to do major mods..unless u try it urself its very hard to tell to what extent u might have to chip and chop..
Old 2nd November 2005, 22:09   #2205
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885

gunbir : cant comment on his disappearance as his family has come across a tragic incident !!!! once again my sincere condolences with ur family gunbir and hope that all the guys on this forum pray for the departed soul of his younger brother (who also joined tbhp with the ID phoenix)..may his soul rest in peace..
I am truly sorry to hear this Gunbir. Truly.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks