Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment

Search this Thread
Old 31st October 2005, 16:21   #2176
BHPian

Advice

hi guru log...............sami,gunbhir,naveen............. ..................

can u guys advice me on following

1.HU Alpine 9843 or Pioneer 7750

2.JBL 606 components or Alpine 6'5 coaxial
(i went tu this elegant guy(delhi) had a demo of both JBL 606 components and Alpine 6'5 coaxial...........and alpine coax was better sounding.

3. for amp sony 504....

4.This one would be of real help......should i go for a basstube or a Sub-woofer......keeping in mind i want tighter...not muddier(as in a bas tube)base..............

all within a budget of 25k.....
Old 31st October 2005, 16:30   #2177
Team-BHP Support

If you like the Alpine coax over the JBL comps get them. Remember this is for you and not for your installer, friend or anyone else.

driven from an HU the coax might sound "better" as it would be a bit louder. so make sure you are comparing at similar volume levels (do not read the volume level on the HU but listen in a car and then decide).

I prefer the tube sub for 2 reasons.

usually the tube and box subs have the same driver. the tube can be tuned to be less boomy by plugging the port with clean socks and tube subs are lighter than box subs if you even need the trunk to carry bags.

Last edited by navin : 31st October 2005 at 16:40.
Old 31st October 2005, 16:35   #2178
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedofreak

2.JBL 606 components or Alpine 6'5 coaxial
(i went tu this elegant guy(delhi) had a demo of both JBL 606 components and Alpine 6'5 coaxial...........and alpine coax was better sounding.

3. for amp sony 504....

4.This one would be of real help......should i go for a basstube or a Sub-woofer......keeping in mind i want tighter...not muddier(as in a bas tube)base..............

all within a budget of 25k.....
Hi!

1. I would prefer the Alpine, but many the pioneer. It's a matter of personal taste.

2. Regardless of brand, it's unlikely that a co-axial would sound better than a component. Did you hear them on the same HU? In any case, for the front of your car, components are a better choice as you can place the tweeters in a better position. A co-axial speaker's tweeter will fire at your legs in most probability.

3. This Forums most famous amp

4. To answer this it would really help to know which car you have. What Car? Basically is it a hatchback or a 3 box car?

All of this is quite achievable in 25k..

Cheers
Old 31st October 2005, 19:36   #2179
BHPian

Quote:

Hi speedofreak Whats the price of Alpine 9843 u r getting?
Old 1st November 2005, 01:39   #2180
BHPian

Alpine all the way......great sound quality.....
Old 1st November 2005, 01:43   #2181
BHPian

Happy Diwali

A very happy diwali to all bhpian's.....let's keep rocking
Old 1st November 2005, 23:44   #2182
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)
all the audio gurus on vacation?????

hhhmm..the ICE thread looks completely dull with all our gurus on vacation i guess..havent seen much of them off lately..

navin: has disappeared over the last two days..where??? i guess working on the infinity compos ..so expect a long long post on the latest additions..

sam kapasi : looks like he hasnt had the time to log in that often after tying the not..no no this time i didnt mean the knot with JBL...wonder who is his better half---> audio or wifey !!!!!
hey sam do make sometime for ur friends on the forum rey..

autophile : wonder if he has recovered from the bangalore blues!!!!havent seen him post ever since he has returned from my place..hey JB where are u..hope not test driving or working on one of the 911's or cayenne turbos or the bentleys or the sl 55..

gunbir : cant comment on his disappearance as his family has come across a tragic incident !!!! once again my sincere condolences with ur family gunbir and hope that all the guys on this forum pray for the departed soul of his younger brother (who also joined tbhp with the ID phoenix)..may his soul rest in peace..

Last edited by mclaren1885 : 1st November 2005 at 23:51.
Old 2nd November 2005, 09:55   #2183
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885
navin: i guess working on the infinity compos ..

sam kapasi : looks like he hasnt had the time to log in that often after tying the not..no no this time i didnt mean the knot with JBL...

autophile : ..test driving or working on one of the 911's or cayenne turbos or the bentleys or the sl 55..

gunbir : once again my sincere condolences with ur family gunbir and hope that all the guys on this forum pray for the departed soul of his younger brother ..
Geez mclaren, how do you keep track of all of us.

I was working on a long post and then forum was down for service so i lost it. Sam is working on ....well something else :-)

I would guess Autophile (JB) would be with Gunbir whose family has been so tragically struck. God bless them.
Old 2nd November 2005, 10:17   #2184
BHPian

My condolences to him and his family.
Old 2nd November 2005, 10:35   #2185
BHPian

toddi ur advice ....

hi
thanx guys for ur pearls of sounddum and ya sam sir i own a SWIFT......
And ya sam sir it was diff head units the sales guy(sachin) used for demo of Alpine coax(alpine HU) ....and JBl combo(pioneer HU)....POOr me......

As if now i have bought Alpine 9843-for 9K
and Alpine 6'5 Co-Ax for 3k

LEkin kya hai......as soon as i exceed volume 25+(min 0-35 max)...with bass setting high.....the sound is distorted......(i loathe it...... )...........iam nuts abt this.............HELP ME

So iam left with following to be advised on.

1.should i install jbl components in front(cant afford infinity(10 K) and shift my Alpine Coax to the back.......will this satisfy me
or
do i need an Amplifier with above combo.......to cheer me up.....

2. Bass tube OR Sub-woofer.......this is for sam sir....

and lastly i can strech upto 30k.......still left with 13-18 k......advice me tu spend wisely.

Warning: This is the first and last warning. Before posting any further go through the announcment section. Your future posts will be deleted if don't follow the rules.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 2nd November 2005 at 12:01.
Old 2nd November 2005, 10:50   #2186
Senior - BHPian

lol, 1: ur message's gonna be edited by mods
2: swift thread around
3: 30k is good enough since u already have a HU and co-ax.
4: u will be happy when ur done witht that 30k
5. if u can get alpine compos at frnt since u have alpine co-ax and HU
6. use a 4 channel amp to power the 4 speakers if u can and get another amp for sub
Old 2nd November 2005, 10:53   #2187
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885
gunbir : cant comment on his disappearance as his family has come across a tragic incident !!!! once again my sincere condolences with ur family gunbir and hope that all the guys on this forum pray for the departed soul of his younger brother (who also joined tbhp with the ID phoenix)..may his soul rest in peace..
thats a sad this to happen during the festive season. My condolences to his family.

A similar incident happened with one of tbhp's first member, philipkuttys, while he was onhis way for a tbhp meet

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8413
Old 2nd November 2005, 11:16   #2188
Team-BHP Support

Install JBL in the front and sub in rear add a 4 channel amp to drive these. then use HU to drive alpine coax in the rear. enjoy. Sam is enjoying too, not sure if his is limited to music though. :-)

JBL in front 4K. Amp 4K. Sub 6K. wires 3K. total = 17K. see we are experts at spending your money! LOL
Old 2nd November 2005, 11:24   #2189
Senior - BHPian

jbl compos 606 would costs 6k mrp. with help u can get it for 5-5.5k .

navin, which one would u get for 4k? 506compos?
Old 2nd November 2005, 11:49   #2190
BHPian

thanx

Please write your points properly. This is not a chat room.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 2nd November 2005 at 12:05.

Most Viewed