Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th October 2005, 14:28   #2071
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_ajay
somebody gotta tell this guy (seems to be a 5-6" bass relfex 2 way) that the woofer surround might not be designed to stand up to the heat and humidity of a Madras summer. besides Vivek's CCTB still is my top favourite.

BTW have you guys seen this...they are based in Madras.

http://www.yamatoaudio.com/product.htm

Last edited by navin : 24th October 2005 at 14:29.
Old 24th October 2005, 15:25   #2072
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin
somebody gotta tell this guy (seems to be a 5-6" bass relfex 2 way) that the woofer surround might not be designed to stand up to the heat and humidity of a Madras summer. besides Vivek's CCTB still is my top favourite.

BTW have you guys seen this...they are based in Madras.

http://www.yamatoaudio.com/product.htm
Yep navin... I know of this brand and have also met and talked with a sound enginner from this company. Their office is in this place called R.A.Puram... The guy's name is Anand and he's quite famous with car audio dealers. I think I could get him into this forum.. Has been sometime since I last talked with him...

Last edited by k_ajay : 24th October 2005 at 15:27.
Old 24th October 2005, 16:10   #2073
BHPian

Ok people. Finally, I got the parcel tray for my Alto. Out goes my invention. RIP CCTB. Yay! Yay! Hooray! Yipee! And what bass I get from it. I just love this thing.

More importantly, the guy who was fitting the screws was careless and punctured the rubber surround of the 936 with the screw driver. It is a very small hole but what can I do so that it does not start tearing. Maybe I can patch it up with some rubber-based adhesive. I feel miserable.
Old 24th October 2005, 16:31   #2074
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivekphadnis
Ok people. Finally, I got the parcel tray for my Alto. Out goes my invention. RIP CCTB. Yay! Yay! Hooray! Yipee! And what bass I get from it. I just love this thing.

More importantly, the guy who was fitting the screws was careless and punctured the rubber surround of the 936 with the screw driver. It is a very small hole but what can I do so that it does not start tearing. Maybe I can patch it up with some rubber-based adhesive. I feel miserable.
careless installer!
Why did one of the leading DIY people in this forum ask someone else to fit his speakers??

A little rubber based glue will help. I think Navin will be able to guide you better on this.

Last edited by Sam Kapasi : 24th October 2005 at 16:32.
Old 24th October 2005, 16:34   #2075
BHPian

I told him I would do it myself. He said he would just put in the screws a little so that they do not wobble when I drive. What do I do about it now? It is a small hole.
Old 24th October 2005, 16:41   #2076
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I told him I would do it myself. He said he would just put in the screws a little so that they do not wobble when I drive. What do I do about it now? It is a small hole.
in my days dunlop used to make a rubber cement that is quite good. it comes in a tube.

1. wash and dry hands well. very well. I would even use acetone to make my hands clean fo this level of work.

2. put a drop of the cement on your finger. then very carefully let a small bead of the solution on th rubber surround.

let it dry. 100% curing happens in 24 hours preferably over night.

hope this helps.
Old 24th October 2005, 16:45   #2077
BHPian

I am not sure where to get the Dunlop thing. We get a rubber solution to fix tyre punctures and the glue is called Comet. Will that be good? Or how about Fevibond?

What I am worried about is the surround stretching as the cone moves about and tearing more and more.
Old 24th October 2005, 16:56   #2078
Team-BHP Support

Fevibond might be better only because it is from a reuputed company. Otherwise see if you can find these....

http://www.loctiteproducts.com/glue.asp?PLID=198
http://www.loctiteproducts.com/glue.asp?PLID=192
Old 24th October 2005, 16:57   #2079
Distinguished - BHPian

You know I really hate it when that happens. Unfortunately i think it's happened to most of us at some point. Thats then I started using a screwdriver and placing my finger as a barrier around the area, in case the screwdriver slips. My finger can heal itself eventually lol
Old 24th October 2005, 16:59   #2080
BHPian

We do get some Loctite stuff here too. I have used it earlier but am not sure if it is like the one in the link you gave. I will check out the Loctite thing today.

My only hope is that the surround should not start tearing. Boo Hoo.

Last edited by Vivekphadnis : 24th October 2005 at 17:02.
Old 24th October 2005, 17:03   #2081
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
My only hope is that the surround should not start tearing. Boo Hoo.
Vivek i dont think it will tear further on it's own. It's tough butyl rubber. Relax.
Old 24th October 2005, 17:06   #2082
BHPian

Thanks Sam. That is reassuring. Meanwhile, I will use some Loctite/Fevibond to try and seal it up.
Old 25th October 2005, 11:00   #2083
Team-BHP Support

what ever you use dont use any cryoscilicate based stuff.
Old 25th October 2005, 11:05   #2084
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
finally the D-day arrives...well done vivek ...so in goes the parcel tray and out goes the CCTB...whew that must be one sigh of relief for vivek aint it my man!!! but lol none of us on this forum will ever forget ur CCTB..haha the tail will continue like navin said and will be passed on from generation to generation...so be prepared to hear about it until our last breaths and maybe a bit longer..
btw what deal did u chalk out with sanjay..and did u enquire about ur amps..

PS: give me a buzz if and when ur free (busiest man on this earth) would love to check out ur car and tell u some secrets about alto too..for all those guys wondering what it is,its gotto do something with engine so better not discuss it here...unless u all want SAM to carry hathoda and run behind me.."engine vengine" haha lol..palio me kya hey...

Last edited by mclaren1885 : 25th October 2005 at 11:07.
Old 25th October 2005, 11:06   #2085
Distinguished - BHPian

That means, no loctite, no Elfy and no fevikwik

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks