Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th October 2005, 21:44   #1951
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin
The 936 are in IB config. given the nature of this you can expect a bit of boom. JB (Autophile) might be able to offer a solution to this problem.

hey navin whats IB configuration ?? please throw some more light on this.

rev
Old 8th October 2005, 00:00   #1952
Senior - BHPian

Infinite Baffle (IB)

Rev

Infinite Baffle or IB is basically what you would call a rear deck / parcel tray install. Though the above are included, they arent the only type of IB install. IB, if done properly, sounds great and is easy on the pocket. However, it is seldom done right in India.

Read up on this here...

http://www.the12volt.com/caraudio/boxes1.asp

If you need any practical help with this... just holla
Old 8th October 2005, 00:10   #1953
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by revtech
hey navin whats IB configuration ?? please throw some more light on this.
rev
IB config means an infinity baffle configuration right navin..well if we mount a speaker on a board without any use of either the mdf boxes or rear panels its called a free air or IB..im sure navin will come up with the techy specs for the IB with respect to the Vas specs et all..
Old 8th October 2005, 00:17   #1954
Senior - BHPian

hey gunbir
thanx a lot for the info.one more thing what exactly is bass cancellation ??

rev
Old 8th October 2005, 00:17   #1955
BHPian

Very simple. In an infinite baffle system, the front of the cone and back of the cone are isolated. If there is a leak say between the top part and bottom part of the parcel tray where you have mounted your speaker in the car, there will be loss of bass since there will be cancellation.
Old 8th October 2005, 00:33   #1956
Senior - BHPian

so wont that be a very common problem in most hatch backs.as there always will be a small opening or gap through which air can pass through ??

is there any way to eliminate this.

Rev
Old 8th October 2005, 00:39   #1957
BHPian

I suppose it could be done but difficult. That is why you should go in for a ported or sealed sub. I would do it. For the rear fill speaker like the 936, it does not matter much if you lose some bass. But you cannot afford to lose bass from a sub.

Last edited by Vivekphadnis : 8th October 2005 at 00:41.
Old 8th October 2005, 01:45   #1958
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundManiac
P.S. Thank you Buffetfan. My setup is quite similar to that of Buffet's (except for the amps and sub) It was so sweet of him to offer and give a demo of his setup!!! Thanks dude!!
Anytime mate...
Sam you are hearing this....some more business for JBL in hyd...at least start having some demo dukaan somewhere
Old 8th October 2005, 09:54   #1959
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundManiac
600$ and now 1200$ !!!!

Holy Cow, What does that HU have ??? Surely not diamonds studded.....
dude you misunderstood me. I meant $600 in 1987 has the value of $1200-1500 today. So it would mean spending $1200-1500 on a HU today. However thanks to technological advanacements a $300 (in todays USD) would probably outperform this deck (except maybe for the mechanicals). The deck I got was built like a tank it has survived a drop from a balcony window (about 20 feet) to tarmac. there was a small chip on the tarmac where it fell.
Old 8th October 2005, 10:37   #1960
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
SM, a cassette HU with 3 preamp outputs was PROBABLY never made.
Navinji, to add to 5u3zero's post... Pioneer has been putting out 3x Preamp out cassette HUs since 1995 (I think) when they had the KEH P8450. It was a very nice HU... The top 2 decks (9 and 8 series) have had 3 preouts since then.

There might have been some Alpines or others as well but I dont have specific experience with them.
Old 8th October 2005, 10:58   #1961
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunbir
Navinji, to add to 5u3zero's post... Pioneer has been putting out 3x Preamp out cassette HUs since 1995 (I think) when they had the KEH P8450. .
Hey Gunbir,

Like I said late 90s. 1995! wow! I did not know that. I spent most of 1995 on a boat so I think I missed it.

BTW
This "Navinji" stuff scares me. I understand from my office colleagues that this is a form of respect and is used widely in Delhi. I am known as and reffered to as either "Navin", "the nut", "Boss" and often just talked to without any such formality.

Behind my back, in India, I hear people refer to me as Mr. Navin (I tell them either use Mr. Advani or Navin but Mr. Navin is plain weird). So lets use Navin from now on ok? Unless you want me to refer to as "Grandmaster Gunbir" and Brar the Brewster (for JB). They are aliterations - I am fond of them (just ask Sam). JB brews up all those HU-Amp_Speaker combinations right?

Last edited by navin : 8th October 2005 at 11:16.
Old 8th October 2005, 12:12   #1962
Senior - BHPian

R-e-s-p-e-c-t

Quote:
This "Navinji" stuff scares me. I understand from my office colleagues that this is a form of respect and is used widely in Delhi. I am known as and reffered to as either "Navin", "the nut", "Boss" and often just talked to without any such formality.
its weird but its sorta difficult for me to address anyone (more than a couple of years) older by their first name (thanks to my upbringing)... that said.. There is no formality. I wouldnt say it if I didnt respect you in the first place.
Old 8th October 2005, 13:36   #1963
Team-BHP Support

wow! point taken! thanks.
Old 8th October 2005, 13:58   #1964
BHPian

Quote:
dude you misunderstood me. I meant $600 in 1987 has the value of $1200-1500 today. So it would mean spending $1200-1500 on a HU today. However thanks to technological advanacements a $300 (in todays USD) would probably outperform this deck (except maybe for the mechanicals). The deck I got was built like a tank it has survived a drop from a balcony window (about 20 feet) to tarmac. there was a small chip on the tarmac where it fell.

arey no,no! I made that statement in a lighter vein!

I remember buying a CD writer for around 11,000/- bucks when it was launched - today it is worth around 1100 bucks!!! I understand it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffetfan
Sam you are hearing this....some more business for JBL in hyd...at least start having some demo dukaan somewhere
Seriously sam! JBL availability is also bad here. Buffetfan was telling about waiting for a week to get JBL stuff. I too had to wait for 8 days to get JBL 606 components!! I was told the distributor keeps a ready stock of GTO 936, 636, and the 5inch/4 inch coaxials only ! nothing else!! First of all not many would know about JBL Car Audio and when they know, like through this forum, they are not available!Not everybody will wait to get the JBL stuff!!!
Old 8th October 2005, 14:20   #1965
BHPian

Quote:
wow! I thought I had seen them all! Must be a really high end model from the mid 90s.
Yup, a high end model it is. I bought mine in early 2002, when it's life cycle was probably ending and this MP3 business was picking up.

Now, Pioneer doesnt make any Casstte HU with 4 volt. why would they anyway.....Cassettes are going down now!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks