Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st October 2005, 13:03   #1891
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autophile
If anyone want to go for subwoofer...putting a smaller speaker is always a better idea. One should avoid 6 X 9's with subwoofer.

You will crossover the speakers and subwoofer @ 80Hz...so for reproduction of sound above 80Hz is not much of a problem for 6-6.5" hence using 6X9's is point less
Yikes!!! Which means it would make no sense to add a sub later....!!!
Old 1st October 2005, 13:47   #1892
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_ajay
Yo Mc.... Which 6"x9" ovals are they??? They look like 2 cute lil UFOz..... Hehe....
where are u from, mars (2 cute little UFOz???,got to be a native of mars to say that in one go..cute and UFOz) ..hehe BTW those UFO's are sony xplod 6x9's..specs are:

SONY XS-GT6937X:6''X9'' 3-WAY COAXIAL..

FEATURES • Peak Power: 350W
• Rated Input Power: 100W
• Frequency Response: 27Hz-30kHz
• Sensitivity: 93dB/W/m

WOOFER • HOP Cone
• Strontium Ferrite Magnet
• Cloth Edge

MID-RANGE • 66mm Paper Cone
• 55mm Strontium Ferrite Magnet

TWEETER • 25mm PEI Balanced Dome
• Piezo Magnet ..
Old 1st October 2005, 15:20   #1893
Distinguished - BHPian

I think for Vivek, the 6X9 combo with a 4" co-ax was necessary at that time. He couldn't afford more, his alto stock fitment is a 4"....there are no 4" components anymore, and considering he likes a lirrle bottom end and the subwoofer is in the future, not in the present...
I think you're doing OK vivek
Old 1st October 2005, 18:10   #1894
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivekphadnis
Now that I already have the 6x9s and the 4 inch fronts, what are the options I have since you guys feel that adding a sub would be too much? I could use the 6x9s, buy components for the front (would love that). Maybe my present 4 inch speakers can be used as a centre channel for my HT system at home.
yes getting the biggest cops that can fit in the front would be nice. like said before the 6x9s you got act like a pair of 8" woofers with limited Xmax. so can work the bass for a bit (till you can offload them) and get a sub.
Old 1st October 2005, 18:14   #1895
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi
I think for Vivek, the 6X9 combo with a 4" co-ax was necessary at that time.......there are no 4" components anymore, and considering he likes a lirrle bottom end and the subwoofer is in the future, not in the present...
I think you're doing OK vivek
well if the subwoofer is not available then the 6x9 will do a nice job of being a substitute.

as far as 4" components sam, remember we are talking to vivek. he is the next gen navin. he can DIY a pair if his car demands it. take a 4" coax. strip of the tweeter. insert phase pulg where the tweeter was. buy 2 tweeters. build XO. all this is just up Vivek's alley. that is what a younger naivn would have done. LOL
Old 1st October 2005, 23:42   #1896
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin
well if the subwoofer is not available then the 6x9 will do a nice job of being a substitute.

as far as 4" components sam, remember we are talking to vivek. he is the next gen navin. he can DIY a pair if his car demands it. take a 4" coax. strip of the tweeter. insert phase pulg where the tweeter was. buy 2 tweeters. build XO. all this is just up Vivek's alley. that is what a younger naivn would have done. LOL
Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes. I would love to do such stuff. But ripping apart brand new speakers would be heart-breaking, don't you think?
Old 1st October 2005, 23:47   #1897
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes. I would love to do such stuff. But ripping apart brand new speakers would be heart-breaking, don't you think?
dont come near my car.
Old 2nd October 2005, 00:08   #1898
BHPian

Speaking of DIY, it would not be too difficult to build my own parcel tray, would it? I just love woodworking with my circular saw, disc grinder and impact drill. I want to be like Tim 'the toolman' Taylor Navin was mentioning in the other thread.
Old 2nd October 2005, 01:06   #1899
BANNED

Quote:
Speaking of DIY, it would not be too difficult to build my own parcel tray, would it? I just love woodworking with my circular saw, disc grinder and impact drill. I want to be like Tim 'the toolman' Taylor Navin was mentioning in the other thread.
hhhmmm..sounds good..DIY,ya buddy thats a good idea if u like to sweat it out...and ya one more thing i wonder how u get that much time to do all this stuff apart from tending to ur work...well if u got plenty of time to spare get done with ur car and and and lets see maybe u can work on my car too to kill the free time u so seem to have ...just kidding(actually i somehow have a feeling u would love to be around when my car is being done up with the works amounting to more than 50k by an amazing person whose knowledge about car audio is as deep as an ocean)...what say vivek,im sure ul enjoy it..
Old 2nd October 2005, 01:32   #1900
BHPian

What are you planning to buy and where?
Old 2nd October 2005, 02:14   #1901
BANNED

Quote:
What are you planning to buy and where?
well thats a secret..atleast for the time being ..will post the review once the car is totally done up with the pics..
PS: vivek and other bangaloreans who are interested can PM me for further details..
Old 2nd October 2005, 13:48   #1902
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885
u would love to be around when my car is being done up with the works amounting to more than 50k by an amazing person whose knowledge about car audio is as deep as an ocean)...what say vivek,im sure ul enjoy it..
Now I'm really curious.... deep as an ocean... Who's doing your car McL?
Old 2nd October 2005, 17:10   #1903
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi
Now I'm really curious.... deep as an ocean... Who's doing your car McL?
sam are u free after the vahan yatra,maybe we can talk over a few things,wht say ??? and guys u can keep guessing till then..
PS: there are only 4 people who know this..so sshhoo all 4 of u...be quite...dont let it out to anyone,i mean anyone..thanks..

Last edited by mclaren1885 : 2nd October 2005 at 17:14.
Old 2nd October 2005, 23:26   #1904
Team-BHP Support

no way 4 people can keep a secret. LOL
Old 2nd October 2005, 23:31   #1905
BHPian

Navin, do you seriously think ripping off the tweeter and putting in a phase plug for the 426e is worth pursuing? Where do I get a phase plug?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks