Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th September 2005, 11:48   #1681
Team-BHP Support

Funny but you guys might have noticed that a clean neat install with the wires all laid out properly rarely has a problem.
Old 17th September 2005, 11:51   #1682
Distinguished - BHPian

Never a truer statement Old man.
Old 17th September 2005, 11:57   #1683
Team-BHP Support

point proven. the problem has been licked (almost). I dont see why a simple install (HU, amp, components, sub) should have any problem (caeveats included ref: my wife's sail).
Old 17th September 2005, 13:20   #1684
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

sam's thought for the day(s):

provides a nice third dimension to a otherwise flat logo..

dosti mein pet pe koi laat nahi. And certainly no breast for tat..

NO! I'm going to beat you with a stick if you say that again.

(HAHAHAHA N###n ke pet pe laat, main bhi complicated jawaab de sakta hoon)

By the way boys, N###n doesnt understand Hindi properly, so dey danadan.

NAHEE!!!!And it's another fantastic bouncer from N###n. The crowd cheers as they watch him getting back to his true form!!

Khallaas, ladki bhi gayi, izzat bhi gayi..

All of you'll talk rubbish when you're drunk lol. Stand tall men. Respect the rubbish that we do and talk, as we respect that eternal dangler between our legs.

And yet people in India come to our stores and ask for UBL. (The exclamation mark over the J, sigh...)

wow no thats what i call an innovative mind..hats off sam for the instant humour u seem to come up with all the time..really love ur sense of humour,thats why this thread is the most posted on this forum(apart from the techy stuff we learn from u gurus)..
PS: y dont u try ur hand at the "laughter challenge this year,never know u might come out with a gold crown"..
Old 17th September 2005, 13:27   #1685
Distinguished - BHPian

heh heh heh
Wow look... a collection of the time-pass statements i make. (look mommy, I made that)

Thanks Mclaren. Really. Have a great smiling weekend and I'm really looking forward to meeting all my fellow TBHPians in Bangy.

Bangalore is the one and only city of car and audio lovers, kindly adjust and chumma.
Old 17th September 2005, 17:17   #1686
Team-BHP Support

Sam, I believe you got yourself a fan. Or a stalker
Old 17th September 2005, 23:05   #1687
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi
Hi ZZZZZZZZehar!!

The beautiful girl is Carlie, from the JBL BMX cycle team. She's pretty and provides a nice third dimension to a otherwise flat logo

someones gonna think.. Sam..emm nice name for a gal, and she ought 2 be smart 2;works with JBL, travels 2 exotic places, jokes well... beauty with brains. and also a blonde who speaks hindi 2..
hehe.. would be fun if actually happens :P. Sam u got any pm's regarding this?

Old 18th September 2005, 02:27   #1688
Team-BHP Support

back to audio guys! please. :-)
Old 18th September 2005, 11:42   #1689
Distinguished - BHPian

sorry old man. Back to audio it is.
NEXT!
Old 18th September 2005, 13:44   #1690
BHPian

Insertaion loss

Dear Navin/Sam

I forgot where the dicussion is going on over crossovers but while reading the link posted by Navin I came across a woorying term for Budget fellows like me

Insertaion loss

To Quote" One thing that actives don't suffer from is "insertion loss." This term is used to describe the amplifier output power that's lost when a passive crossover is inserted between an amp and a speaker. The most significant power loss occurs with low-pass filters, since their key components – inductors (see below) – incorporate many turns of wire that have a small but measurable DC resistance. This resistance will reduce the amount of power delivered to the speaker, but in most cases it is not significant.

Link: http://www.termpro.com/articles/xover2.html

Now my question is Should I worry about it if I am using 16 CM componets directly running on my Pioneer HU ( 7750 RMS 22 Watt per channel)

No future plans to get An amp.
Old 18th September 2005, 19:33   #1691
Distinguished - BHPian

Hi Pranil,

Haven't heard from you in a while. I would not worry about insertion loss, if I was using the supplied, unmodified crossover supplied with the component set. All tests and specs for this component set is done AFTER the insertion of the crossover in the signal path.
I wont complicate that further, Navin may lol

As I've said before, genuine component speakers are provided as a superior solution to multi-axial speakers and generally they are better speakers than their poorer cousins.
Hence to extricate maximum performance out of a set, one would need an amp.

That said, it's not like you cant play those components off your pioneer HU
Old 18th September 2005, 21:49   #1692
Team-BHP Support

Poor Pranil, he has really opened up a can of worms. I am tempted to take the bait but i will resist and say what i know in a simpler manner.

Insertion loss, pranil, is the least of your worries. there are much bigger things to worry about in crossover design. Insertion loss is very simple to measure and quantify. I worry about the following more:

1. i find large value inductors like used for some low pass and difraction compensation applications rob the speaker of dynamics. I have not done exhaustive, consistent tests on this but have some emperical experience with this phenomenon to consider it serious enough to warrant attention.

2. phase and transient response of crossovers. I find that often some crossovers impart their own sonic signature to the speaker. while some might say who cares if the resulting prodcut sounds good i am of the mindset that says that you should not make 2 negatives into a positive. Not that the sepakers are bad it is just that the challenges to design such a crossover/speaker have been largely solved with the advent of cheap compouter power and software like Calsod, LspCad, MLSSA, LEAP/LMS etc... it is much more challenging to now build transducers that dont need such corrective crossovers to begin with.
Old 19th September 2005, 00:28   #1693
BHPian

Getz

Guys I am mostly silent as my getz left on 12th from Chennai but still not landed in Mumbai. So Kind of going slow. No point in discussing Audio if no vehicle to install in.

BTW. On the side note my Santro's pioneer didint like all my reaserch on the Audio . The volume increase volume button just broke. (model 2xxx something with me last 5 years)So I finally took it aprat after 5 years of faitfull service. Nothing a quickfix and some mSeal could not fix overnight. But I was shocked to see only a single chip in the faceplate. Are the Amp circuits inthe main case. In that case why the faceplate gets warm on some model.
Old 19th September 2005, 01:35   #1694
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranil

Guys I am mostly silent as my getz left on 12th from Chennai but still not landed in Mumbai. So Kind of going slow. No point in discussing Audio if no vehicle to install in.

BTW. On the side note my Santro's pioneer didint like all my reaserch on the Audio . The volume increase volume button just broke. (model 2xxx something with me last 5 years)So I finally took it aprat after 5 years of faitfull service. Nothing a quickfix and some mSeal could not fix overnight. But I was shocked to see only a single chip in the faceplate. Are the Amp circuits inthe main case. In that case why the faceplate gets warm on some model.
Pranil, there are some things you need to know when you install in the Getz. I will post some pics and info tomorrow.
Old 19th September 2005, 09:36   #1695
Team-BHP Support

[quote=pranil
But I was shocked to see only a single chip in the faceplate. Are the Amp circuits inthe main case. In that case why the faceplate gets warm on some model.[/QUOTE]

the chip on the face plate is probably a display and or switch controller.most of the amplifier circuits would beinside the main box along the power supply, DAC, etc...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks