Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th September 2005, 23:32   #1501
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin
gunbir, in my days ferrari used to come with alpines as OEM. do they still do?
thats F40 in pic. didnt have much extras in it, so i doubt if they packed in heavy audio systems . it was car minus the tech stuff...alright
Old 12th September 2005, 23:50   #1502
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
with friends like those in the pics i just might get involved in this biz!

lol navin... Atleast now I understand why sam is still in this business, withstanding high decibel levels...
Old 13th September 2005, 00:44   #1503
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
gunbir, in my days ferrari used to come with alpines as OEM. do they still do?
Not for some time now... Last I heard, they were using becker.

The way I see it... Any guy who buys a ferrari is not going to listen to music in it (except the music being made by those wild italian horses).

And if a ferrari owner is an audiophile more than a petrolhead... he will not bother using the stock system cuz he can afford much better.

BTW, just thought I'd mention it here... we have a unique speaker range in Hertz called the Space series. It was solely designed for exotic car applications where space is at a premium and weight should be as minimal as possible. Apart from the obvious weight bebfits in a supercar, there were cases where Lambo type doors would not stay up in the open position cuz the weight of aftermarket speakers caused it to come down.

The space series uses an exotic high tech alloy and inverted neo magnets. You can check them out HERE

For example, the 8" midbass weighs 760 grams only!!! and has a mounting depth of 42mm (or 1.65"). This has made them a favorite aftermarket fitment for such cars in Europe.
Old 13th September 2005, 08:21   #1504
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundManiac
mmmm.......why grining sir? Me getting confused!

Sam said try and you said you've done worse. Does it mean that what I suggested is after all not a good idea?
No, no. Go ahead dude. See, the speakers are ok quality, the AIWAs. They will be a little bright and a little softer(volume wise) than normal car speakers. But they'll be ok. Navin is grinning because we also used to do all these mad things.
Chill ya, put it in the car, you might enjoy it more than regular car speakers, who knows....
Old 13th September 2005, 08:23   #1505
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
what sam's got is a viper. the woofers are dead center behind the driver and passenger firing at the center console.
How the heck can you see that man? Last time i put a picture here, this guy was telling me how many tissues in the box...
Old 13th September 2005, 08:34   #1506
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi
How the heck can you see that man? Last time i put a picture here, this guy was telling me how many tissues in the box...
Good Morning Sam, Strangely No one was online last nite. I am abt to finish off with my day. take care and keep posting. I am soo eager everyday to check new posts &

"HAVE A WONDERFUL FUNFILLED CHEERFUL DAY AHEAD" God Bless You.
Old 13th September 2005, 09:40   #1507
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunbir
BTW, just thought I'd mention it here... we have a unique speaker range in Hertz called the Space series. It was solely designed for exotic car applications where space is at a premium and weight should be as minimal as possible.

The space series uses an exotic high tech alloy and inverted neo magnets. .
1. is the space series expensive?
2. ref: neo magnets in front: I have seen this done many times before. NdFeB and SmCo magnets are not that expensive. China produces 80% of them. A manufacturer in Germany/Italy made some nice stuff using this technique. They removed the dust cap and extended the pole piece front he back to front. the pole piece had a thread and using some cast magnets shpaed like phase plugs one could change the Bl of the speaker from the front.
Old 13th September 2005, 09:42   #1508
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
chalk it to experience. I worked on car like that once. A 197x Triumph Spitfire. that is about the only place left. we oldies might not have any new tricks but still remember some of our old ones.
Old 13th September 2005, 09:43   #1509
Team-BHP Support

hey i just noticed that the mods figured i am a senior citizen and desingated me a senior BHPian! ha ha ha.
Old 13th September 2005, 11:45   #1510
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
we oldies might not have any new tricks but still remember some of our old ones.

hey i just noticed that the mods figured i am a senior citizen and desingated me a senior BHPian!
very very well said navin ..and congrats...
Old 13th September 2005, 13:02   #1511
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
hey i just noticed that the mods figured i am a senior citizen and desingated me a senior BHPian! ha ha ha.
navin... well, being a senior citizen now, you'd sure have more benefits being around on this thread.... Enjoi...
Old 13th September 2005, 13:44   #1512
BHPian

Cassette to MP3 rip Update

Quote:
No, no. Go ahead dude. See, the speakers are ok quality, the AIWAs. They will be a little bright and a little softer(volume wise) than normal car speakers. But they'll be ok. Navin is grinning because we also used to do all these mad things.
Chill ya, put it in the car, you might enjoy it more than regular car speakers, who knows....

OH Thank you, Sam and may I say Sir Navin! Congrats on your Senior Status

Tried ripping Cassette to MP3

Result -Not very successful.

Software is problem.
1. Wav Pack is for tracks already recorded on a computer or for ripping from CD. For Cassette its no help. Or is there a plug in or something I'm missing?

2. Music Match Juke box - For ripping from a CD its free but to rip from a Cassette we have to purchase it for 25$ or something - Not interested

3. Perfect Sound Recorder - Again have to purchase it. Downloaded a Shareware version that allows only 60 secs of ripping from a Cassette. Recorded two pieces of 30 secs each. But the Sound Quality is not that good - actually the recording has all the effects we set on the system from which we are recording. Should check with all effects neutral or from a basic walkman.

You guys Know of any software which is FREE and can help me record from the Line- in or from the MIc input of the Sound card?
Old 13th September 2005, 15:18   #1513
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
OH Thank you, Sam and may I say Sir Navin! Congrats on your Senior Status

Tried ripping Cassette to MP3

Result -Not very successful.

Software is problem.
1. Wav Pack is for tracks already recorded on a computer or for ripping from CD. For Cassette its no help. Or is there a plug in or something I'm missing?

2. Music Match Juke box - For ripping from a CD its free but to rip from a Cassette we have to purchase it for 25$ or something - Not interested

3. Perfect Sound Recorder - Again have to purchase it. Downloaded a Shareware version that allows only 60 secs of ripping from a Cassette. Recorded two pieces of 30 secs each. But the Sound Quality is not that good - actually the recording has all the effects we set on the system from which we are recording. Should check with all effects neutral or from a basic walkman.

You guys Know of any software which is FREE and can help me record from the Line- in or from the MIc input of the Sound card?
hey SM dont take the troubles of downloading or buying these stuff online..check with some vcd libraries,they are into all these kind of conversions from audio casette to cd,video casette to cd and vice versa and all kinds of conversions..just look around a bit and also in yellow pages..ul surely get someone to do this..
Old 13th September 2005, 15:49   #1514
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Software is problem.
1. Wav Pack
2. Music Match Juke box
3. Perfect Sound Recorder
http://www.cyberwalker.net/columns/feb02/150202.html

http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/...opic=25745&hl=

http://www.vanemery.com/Linux/Rip/rip-analog.html

http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/...opic=30908&hl=

http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/...opic=26999&hl=

http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/...=ST&f=1&t=8990
Old 13th September 2005, 16:29   #1515

I have a Maruti Swift with the following setup:

HU - Alpine 9830
Front - Kicker KS 60 (Coaxials) 6.5"
Rear - Pioneer TS-G1610R - Dual-Cone Speaker 6.5"

Planning to upgrade to (similar to http://mobile.jlaudio.com/pdfs/SYS_2.pdf):

HU - Alpine 9830
Front - JL Audio XR 650 Component - 6.5"
Rear - Kicker KS 60 (Coaxial) 6.5"
Amp for front & rear - Rockford Fosgate P4004 (50X4 RMS @ 4 ohms, 200 watts RMS x 2 bridged • high-pass/low-pass crossovers • preamp outputs • variable Punch Bass boost with wired remote)
Amp for Sub - Rockford Fosgate P2002 (50X2 RMS @ 4 ohms, 200 watts x 1 bridged • selectable high-pass/low-pass crossover • selectable Punch Bass boost)
Sub: ??? - Dont want it to take any boot space

I have a few queries:

1. Is it worth saving money by using just the 4 channel amp by:

a. Front speakers on the amp, rear speakers through the HU & sub bridged

OR

b. Head unit's front and rear RCA outputs used so as to provide sub/satellite balance control. (Fade to the front for less bass, to the rear for more bass). 25 Watt, 8-ohm resistors are used in series with the rear sp to attenuate the level of the rear relative to the front satellites & sub bridged (http://mobile.jlaudio.com/pdfs/SYS_4.pdf)

2. I read about using the spare wheel space to drop in the Subwoofer. Does this give good results by using a free air subwoofer. (not too loud listening). Any suggestions on the subwoofers to use and mounting methods.

3. If advised to use both the amps can they be put under the seats ??

I am a novice at car audio, All info on the setups is picked up from the net only. I usually listen to rock/grunge (Pop & Hindi Film songs when wife is around)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks