Team-BHP - Gigy's Carputer Setup
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   In-Car Entertainment (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/)
-   -   Gigy's Carputer Setup (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/64264-gigys-carputer-setup.html)

Hi all, Posting my setup for little show off, comments

Components involved till now.

01. VM70 7'' lcd touch screen(10k). VM70 7in LCD widescreen touchscreen monitor, VGA monitor screen touch, touch screen display
02. Jetway mini-itx motherboard NC62K(12k). JETWAY COMPUTER
03. AMD Athlon X2 4850E 2.5Ghz(3k)
04. M3 automotive power supply(5k). M3-ATX 125W Automotive PSU, m3atx, matx, auto car smart power supply, wide input power supply, M3-ATX, 6v to 24v wide input Intelligent Automotive DC-DC Car PC Power Supply
05. 250Gb hitachi 2.5 hard disk(3k) of music, cartoons, movies, photos....
06. 2Gb kingston ram (2.5k)
07. ADS RDX-155-EF Instant FM Music(2.3k). Amazon.com: ADS RDX-155-EF Instant FM Music: ANTOnline
08. GlobalSat BU-353 USB GPS Receiver(2.6k).Globalsat BU-353 USB GPS Receiver, BU353
09. Intex slim usb dvd writer(2.8k)
10. Enter mini keyboard(350)
11. Blaupunkt 5 channel Amplifier (14.5k)
12. Infinity reference 9623i 6x9 rear, split and installed(5k).
13. Boston acoustics S60 for the fronts(4k).
14. Rockford 12'' subwoofer 150wats in a sealed box(4.5k).
15. Lot of custom wiring using finolex automotive/ commercial wiring and automotive connectors.

A very interesting setup.How about a few photos to show off ?

bro, where in mumbai ?? would you let me have a peek into your personalized cyber world ??

Gigy, does item number 7 really work here or you have it just for FM ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by gigy (Post 1451425)
07. ADS RDX-155-EF Instant FM Music(2.3k).

Gigy. How is the compatibility in CF ? any issues ?
My friends are missing FM in my car. So want to buy it.

Pictures of the completed setup. will post operational photos tomorrow. i did get 1 fm channel previously. have now connected it to the stock antenna. have changed the power wiring to stock connector of stereo. only the amplifier is now connected to battery through a main fuse and a secondary fuse.

You managed to shoehorn everything into the front console?? Impressed!

Gigy - how is the performance of the ADS radio? I am planning to get an HQCT from US and am using Centrafuse 2.0. Will ADS do the job? What connector would I require to mate it to the car antenna? and from where?

Fantastic, GG, looks great!

The small black Blau box in pic 17 (left side inside glove compartment) - is that the subwoofer level control of the Blau amp?

Neat install gigy. how did you manage to prop that DVD drive in the dash gap ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by esteem_lover (Post 1452537)
Gigy, does item number 7 really work here or you have it just for FM ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by nisarg86 (Post 1452735)
Gigy. How is the compatibility in CF ? any issues ?
My friends are missing FM in my car. So want to buy it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by suneet_ag (Post 1453603)
Gigy - how is the performance of the ADS radio? I am planning to get an HQCT from US and am using Centrafuse 2.0. Will ADS do the job? What connector would I require to mate it to the car antenna? and from where?

That ADS fm receiver is not recommended. i am yet to get a proper signal. As of now only getting hissing sound with stock car antenna. I have used a normal rca connector with a small wire to connect outers. will try relocating and changing antenna after i come from vacation.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DerAlte (Post 1454023)
Fantastic, GG, looks great!

The small black Blau box in pic 17 (left side inside glove compartment) - is that the subwoofer level control of the Blau amp?

Thanks. Yes its the subwoofer level control, didnt want to make anymore holes in car so just stuck it there.

Quote:

Originally Posted by esteem_lover (Post 1454223)
Neat install gigy. how did you manage to prop that DVD drive in the dash gap ?

Thanks. I had to remove the cup holder and push the dvd drive into it.

Although VM70 touch screen is cheaper i am missing the old lcd from iride, it was better display.

Where did you get the enclosure for the cpu ? do you have a photo of that before installation ? And will the atom board also fit into that ?

The frame is stock one which holds normal headunits in baleno and i think alto.(may be common for all maruti).
The metal at bottom is actually removed from a old headunit. All mini-itx including atom boards and smaller ones will fit in without issue. you will have to flatten any projections and tabs sticking out of the kind of case i used or put in a aluminium tray of your own of same size.

Quote:

Originally Posted by gigy (Post 1454587)
Although VM70 touch screen is cheaper i am missing the old lcd from iride, it was better display.

Why did you change it ?

And aren't those controls at the bottom a hindrance to your AC buttons over there ?

i destroyed the previous lcd trying to fix it into a indash kit.
there is no problem in operatong ac controls with present setup.