Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th September 2008, 17:19   #1
BHPian

ICE Setup for UVA

Thanks to this great forum for helping me in buying my new car. Now I need to purchase an ICE setup for my car. Planning to go in a for HU with USB and 2 speakers for now in-door in the front.

Based on suggestions I went to Elegant in Lajpat Nagar, Delhi. This is the recommendation I got
from Elegant:

HU Pioneer 3090 - 6.5K
Component Kit - JBL CS2165c - 3800

Any recommendations on this setup? I will mostly listen to recent hindi songs, instrumental etc.

Any other decent places in South Delhi/Central delhi where I can buy a decent stereo system. Can stretch my budget till 12K if I get a good system in bargain.
Old 29th September 2008, 19:03   #2
Senior - BHPian

driven @ East of kailash should be able to help.
Here's what I think would be a good option ( and what they are most likely to suggest)
Kenwood 5039 HU ( 5.5k grey )
Bull comps (4.5k MRP)

you may be able to get a deal on the whole amount
Old 29th September 2008, 19:33   #3
Senior - BHPian

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/ask-gu...i-noida-2.html

for help locating a dealer
Old 29th September 2008, 21:59   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
driven @ East of kailash should be able to help.
Here's what I think would be a good option ( and what they are most likely to suggest)
Kenwood 5039 HU ( 5.5k grey )
Bull comps (4.5k MRP)

you may be able to get a deal on the whole amount
Thanks for the suggestion. Infact I had gone to Driven and was suggested the same setup. However I'm skeptical about Bull comps.. never heard of them. How much better are they than a comparable JBL?

Also are JVC HU's any good?
Old 30th September 2008, 12:55   #5
BHPian

Any experiences with NEW MATTA CAR DEC. in Palika Bhawan, Bhikaji Cama place?
Old 30th September 2008, 13:16   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

Hello

What you may not know is that UVA means grapes in Italian, lol.

Anyways, yes, what you have recd as a suggestion (Pioneer+JBL) from driven and elegant is popular and safe and does sound nice for the money spent.
Quote:
However I'm skeptical about Bull comps.. never heard of them.
Bull is an economic (comparatively) range of products from the makers of Rainbow car audio.

Quote:
Also are JVC HU's any good?
Yes, some are very good.
Old 30th September 2008, 13:33   #7
BHPian

Thanks Sam! Which JVC HU's are good in the price range of a pioneer? Looking for some comparisons so that I can test both of them before deciding to purchase.
Old 30th September 2008, 13:40   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastActionHero View Post
Thanks for the suggestion. Infact I had gone to Driven and was suggested the same setup. However I'm skeptical about Bull comps.. never heard of them.
Than ask driven for an audition then!
Quote:
How much better are they than a comparable JBL?
Between the bulls and the JBL's in the same price range, its a matter of taste. Which is better is a subjective thing, and your own ears would be the best judge of that.
Old 30th September 2008, 16:21   #9
BHPian

Another option - Illusion Audio

I have illusion audio in my UVA

The fronts are Electra 5.1 components
The rears are Electra 4.2 co-axial. (These fir perfect in the default location ans has good filler sound for rear)
Also a GZ titanium sub in boot

All this has been done after damping the front doors.

The component mid-base element is fitted in the default door location and Tweeter is fitted just next to the door opening handle inside after drilling and cutting out some portion of plastic cover.
Old 30th September 2008, 21:46   #10
BHPian

Thanks for sharing your setup Firebird! I will check out Electra. Is dampening required for the front doors? I read somewhere that the depth of the door in UVA is very less and there is a good chance of vibrations and sound leakage?

Thanks greenhorn.. I will ask Driven for an audition
Old 4th August 2010, 23:56   #11
BHPian

New Matta Car Decorators

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastActionHero View Post
Any experiences with NEW MATTA CAR DEC. in Palika Bhawan, Bhikaji Cama place?
Posting on a 2year old thread! Could not stop myself as I had a really wierd and confusing experience with them.
I happened to go to them over an year ago to upgrade the HU of my Esteem. I just upgraded the HU to Sony CDX-GT494U and let my speakers remain the same Sony Oval ones( dont remember the model no.) This cost me around 7k with the bill and warranty. This setup is pretty good to date without any problems whatsoever. A month later, a friend of mine asks me to take him to the place where I got my HU to get the whole ICE setup for his new Santro. I take him to the New Matta Car shop. The guy quotes the same price as was for me. My friend says he wants to look at other models and would like to ask around at a few more shops in the market. Now, this we did not realize until later that there are two NEW MATTA CAR DEC shops in the same market; owned by the same person(i believe, because of same mobile nos for contact on their business cards). I had got my work done from the shop in the basement. Now while enquiring at the shops, me and my friend walked into their other shop on the first floor without knowing the same. He quoted him a price of around 7.5k for the entire ICE setup. i.e. the same Sony CDX-GT494U + Sony front speakers + Sony rear oval speakers. On being suspicious about the low rates, he begins with the usual "Imaandaari ka kaam karte hai" and all stuff. My friend anyways decides to go for it. Later on our way back, I happen to notice that the visiting card given to him is the same as was given to me by the shop in the basement. A few months later, the sound starts to get distorted even at low volumes and the bass starts fading. He ignores it since he got a bit involved in a lot many more important things at that time. A couple of months later; while at a local accessory shop to get his Number plate fixed, he asks them to check out the ICE. To his horror, the guy says the speakers are fake and the front right speaker is busted or "Fatt Gaya" as he said. He decides on not going to Palika Bhawan again. Now, I have two concerns
1. Is my HU a fake one too??
2. Is it possible that the two shops were set up to serve this very purpose? One to sell genuine stuff and the other to sell the spurious ones?

MODS: Please move this thread if it does not belong here.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks