Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment

Search this Thread
Old 7th May 2009, 23:12   #346
BHPian

Quote:
This is how the hard disk is installed now.
Isn't it parallel to the road cutters? This is how I mounted it, so the up-down movement of the car wont make the head/arm to scratch the disk. http://www.tatasafariclub.com/files/...p-numbered.jpg

I have also mounted like the front side of the HDD faces the dashboard, to avoid front-back movement shock on the HDD(but it will helpful only if your HDD is single plotter). http://adventuresinsecurity.com/images/105_0564_IMG.jpg

Quote:
With the 5.1 wiring i have got back fader control and subwoofer level control on the move in CF. unfortunately i don't find TA control in xp, remember seeing it in vista.
How do you get SW control in CF? Do you mean the Bass setting in Mixer Main?

For TA, you can use the Voxengo with Console. But I am satisfied with the Dolby Upmix and Bass Redirection of Xonar DX, so no software tuning now.

Quote:
A red master guarded switch for carputer.
Friend, is this switch on the main power line?

Last edited by ibm_jennifer : 7th May 2009 at 23:18.
Old 8th May 2009, 00:17   #347
Senior - BHPian

After configuring speakers to 5.1, I reloaded CF. so its able to control level of front, rear and subwoofer independently. if TA was there it would have been a bonus. since i had configured the amplifier earlier (when stereo) to vary levels to all speakers there is not much change in CF level as of now. i think will check on latest software for ALC 883 realtek for xp.
That red switch is on the hot power line to PSU.
Old 8th May 2009, 00:57   #348
BHPian

Nice Setup Gigy.
So now you have routed the GPS cable from hood to under the seat ? would like to do the same in my setup. But My BU-353 catches signals if i put it under the seat.
Old 8th May 2009, 04:36   #349
BHPian

This has been really educating for me. I'm in the process of setting up my car-pc too. Thanks guys.

Regards,

Anirban.
Old 8th May 2009, 11:11   #350
Senior - BHPian

nisarg68, gps receiver is stuck below the rear view mirror not in hood. cpu is inside the dashboard in headunit location.
the wire which is connected to gps module is power supply only since its a bluetooth receiver (which i bought for my old hp phone). for car use usb receiver is recommended buy, as the one you have.
kept it on top facing the sky to always have clear view of it.
Old 8th May 2009, 13:17   #351
Senior - BHPian

This display looks interesting for car pc. saw in mumbai mirror edition today.
Attached Thumbnails
The CarPC / Carputer Thread-mini-monitor_-handy-usb-p...jpg  

Old 13th May 2009, 01:06   #352
Senior - BHPian

Techtree.com India > Reviews > Basics > Motherboards > Exclusive Review of the Zotac ION

this could possibly be my next motherboard for the carputer.
Old 13th May 2009, 09:23   #353
BHPian

heard they are comin in 4 version. pretty good mobo with lower power consumption than Gigabyte and Intel's dual core Atom.
Dont know who is the main distributor in INDIA.
Old 13th May 2009, 14:52   #354
BHPian

Gigy. Here is the PDF with details.
http://www.zotac.com/httpdocs/brochu...ION-ITX_v3.pdf
I am going to buy dual core atom without AC/DC Adapter.
Old 15th May 2009, 13:17   #355
Senior - BHPian

FM is finally working today. i managed to get two stations clear. observation with this receiver is that its behaving like a mobile fm. till 50kmph its good and then starts to fade in signal strength with speed. even while changing directions there is change in signal level. so now have to pickup a good antenna. which type is recommended? present wire type is routed from A pillar to front of windshield.
i didnt install any of the drivers which came with it. directly plugged it in and was recognized as usb audio device. then CF was installed and the FM receiver type was selected.
Old 15th May 2009, 15:00   #356
sdh
BHPian

I tried connecting mine to the inbuilt swift antenna by making adaptor cable (spent about 1000 bucks for the connectots and cable), still no luck. At home it picks signals without even connecting the supplied antenna. Have not debugged the issue for quite some time. Will try and spend some time this weekend. I have tried CF as well as the supplied SW, same resuts in car.

Last edited by sdh : 15th May 2009 at 15:00. Reason: typos.
Old 15th May 2009, 16:42   #357
Senior - BHPian

i didnt use the supplied software. try the initial scan in open outdoor with the doors open. frequency spacing was set at 0.1 and buffer is on. are you getting the hissing sound when nothing is tuned. audio output device and recording device in CF was selected as none
Old 16th May 2009, 09:18   #358
Senior - BHPian

sdh, can you post picture of the connector you are using and where from you got it? i tried for the appropriate male one in lamington road but didnt find it. plan to remove the existing one and solder the standard car stereo adapter from old or dead player.
Old 16th May 2009, 18:31   #359
sdh
BHPian

It is available on RS India, search for mmx connector. I will also try and get the part number. Also the connector to connect to car antenna is also available there.
Old 16th May 2009, 20:40   #360
sdh
BHPian

see this for the connectors:

RS | world-leading distributor of electronic, industrial and maintenance, repair and operation products.

Connectors | Audio or Video | Car Aerial Connectors

Most Viewed