Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd August 2024, 16:46   #1
Senior - BHPian

Google Maps update highlights building & helps users find parking locations for their cars

According to media reports, Google has updated its Maps application to offer users a more stress-free experience.

As per reports, the new update to Google Maps now highlights the building the user is looking for, find the entrance and also where they can park their vehicles. While the current version, just mentions phrases like "your destination is on the right", the new update is said to offer a "more complete" experience. Google Maps will first light up the building on the app, then find parking areas where users can leave their cars.

Google Maps update highlights building & helps users find parking locations for their cars-maps.jpg

Post this, the feature will also, in dotted lines, guide you to the entrance of the building from the parking lot. Also, based on your location, the walking directions are updated in real-time.

Google calls the new feature "destination guidance" and will be available across all platforms in the coming weeks. This includes Google Maps on smartphones running Android and iOS, as well as Apple CarPlay and Android Auto.

Source: AutoEvolution

Link to Team-BHP news

Last edited by RahulNagaraj : 2nd August 2024 at 16:48.
RahulNagaraj is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2024, 23:03   #2
BHPian

Re: Google Maps update highlights building & helps users find parking locations for their cars

I wonder if this will ever make it to India.

Maps is getting actively worse day by day here. So many errors - and if you report them, they (the suggested edits) keep getting rejected with no way to provide proof or comments or anything.
Transmission is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2024, 15:39   #3
Senior - BHPian

Re: Google Maps update highlights building & helps users find parking locations for their cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transmission View Post
I wonder if this will ever make it to India.

Maps is getting actively worse day by day here. So many errors - and if you report them, they (the suggested edits) keep getting rejected with no way to provide proof or comments or anything.
Most likely.
Product update blog released on July 31st has this feature details.
Reference: https://blog.google/products/maps/ma...ion-on-the-go/
sarathlal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2024, 07:42   #4
BHPian

Yes but it still sends me through narrow unaesthetic congested roads where I most likely will scratch my car (a rented car scratched yesterday) to save me maybe 2 minutes.

Last edited by graaja : 4th August 2024 at 18:16. Reason: Language
parambyte is offline   (7) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks