Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th July 2024, 17:11   #1
Senior - BHPian

Audi to introduce ChatGPT on all future models, as well as its cars dating back to 2021

According to reports, German luxury carmaker Audi has confirmed that it will introduce AI software ChatGPT in its current and future models. All models, including the ones going back to 2021, will get the AI software, provided they have the MIB 3 infotainment system.

Audi to introduce ChatGPT on all future models, as well as its cars dating back to 2021-audi.jpg

Marcus Keith, VP of Interior, Infotainment & Connectivity Development, Audi, stated, "With the seamless integration of ChatGPT into our voice control, we are combining the strengths of both applications." He went on to mention, "In addition to a range of voice-controlled functions, our customers will now benefit from simple and secure access to AI-based knowledge. This is the next step towards a best-in-class in-cabin experience in Audi vehicles."

The ChatGPT integration is said to take place in July for over 2 million Audi cars built after 2021.

Source: Motor1

Link to Team-BHP news
RahulNagaraj is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th July 2024, 20:26   #2
Team-BHP Support

Re: Audi to introduce ChatGPT on all future models, as well as its cars dating back to 2021

Interesting new revenue model for generative AI like ChatGPT. I presume ChatGPT for Audi will be fed with extensive car related (brand/model) training data, including service/maintenance/check-light/error codes etc.
Old 5th July 2024, 11:52   #3
BHPian

Re: Audi to introduce ChatGPT on all future models, as well as its cars dating back to 2021

I recently joined "The AMA session for Skoda Gearheads members". One of the questions was "How integration of AL and ML be integrated into Skoda’s cars". The Expert answered that ChatGTP integration into the infotainment system is under development and testing considering data security is one of their highest priority. There is no definite timeline and it will be available in future updates.
Old 5th July 2024, 13:49   #4

Ah, we are heading in an interesting direction. Imagine your Audi eTron welcoming you with Jarvis's voice, "Welcome Sir, I have charged your car to full battery, shall I drive you to the beach today"

--

Generative AI has become an inevitable use case for software products. The language models may not need to "train" using user's or organization's data but still can generate highly relevant answers derived using your data and efficient prompting.

Once breakthrough in running language models efficiently & natively on the phone ( as Apple is pursuing ) and preventing them from hallucinations, adaption will be rapid and seamless.

Only time will tell if these developments are Good or Bad, but every field we know will certainly be either benefited or impacted by AI.
Old 5th July 2024, 19:09   #5

Woahhhh. Isn’t this a tad insvasive?
The AI listening to every single conversation in the car to learn and improve itself. I’m sure with this integration there are loads of benefits but we are being used as tools to further intel gathering for big advertisers and search engines. As an Audi owner I’d like for an option like in our phones to restrict access to the AI.
Karjun is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks