Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th March 2024, 19:10   #1
Senior - BHPian

MSXTTLY U2A-AIR Wireless Android Auto Stick 2024 Review

A short review of MSXTTLY U2A-AIR Wireless Android Auto Stick 2024.

My Innova Crysta comes with only wired Android Auto and Apple Carplay. The data USB port is located neat the front armrest and the dangling cable was inconvenient. So I was looking for a wireless AA adapter and came across this product in Amazon.
https://www.amazon.in/MSXTTLY-U2A-AI...s%2C201&sr=1-1

Got the product and here are the observations.

Pros
  • Extremely small in size. Same as the size of a USB stick 6.6 x 2.7 x 1.2 Centimeters.
  • Direct plug in to the USB A port as shown in the below picture. Most other adapters need a cable.
  • Come with multiple cable adapters for hard to reach USB ports. Type C adapter also included.
  • Very fast setup. In my Crysta, the set up was complete in 30s. This was for Bluetooth pairing with the phone.
  • Relatively fast seamless Android Auto connection. Approx 15seconds from car power on, Android auto is up and running.
  • Good performance. I did not observe any lag in the interface or audio. Audio quality also I did not perceive any difference with respect to wired AA.
Cons
  • Relatively high pricing. Got it for around 6500.
  • Supports only one wireless car tech. Either AA or Carplay. You will have to buy 2 adapters if you want to switch.
  • Relatively new product of Chinese origin. But available in Amazon across the world and has got good reviews even in US.

Overall I feel this is a good investment if you want a fuss free wireless Android auto experience. Can't vouch for the longevity since I got it recently.
Attached Thumbnails
MSXTTLY U2A-AIR Wireless Android Auto Stick 2024 Review-20240314_183859.jpg  

MSXTTLY U2A-AIR Wireless Android Auto Stick 2024 Review-20240314_183239.jpg  

MSXTTLY U2A-AIR Wireless Android Auto Stick 2024 Review-20240314_184033.jpg  

Last edited by poloman : 14th March 2024 at 19:37.
poloman is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 15th March 2024, 09:27   #2
BHPian

Re: MSXTTLY U2A-AIR Wireless Android Auto Stick 2024 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by poloman View Post
[*]Supports only one wireless car tech. Either AA or Carplay. You will have to buy 2 adapters if you want to switch.
Thanks poloman for your review.

Two points:
1. I just wanted to double check on this - from the Amazon link, looks like this device is only for wireless Android Auto. It will not work for Apple Car play - which will require something completely different.

2. Looks like the price has already increased on Amazon - currently listed at 7999 with a coupon discount of 1100 + Credit Card discount of 750 if total purchase is above 7k.

Keep us posted once you have used for a month or so.
swarnava.ch is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 15th March 2024, 09:35   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by swarnava.ch View Post

Two points:
1. I just wanted to double check on this - from the Amazon link, looks like this device is only for wireless Android Auto. It will not work for Apple Car play - which will require something completely different.

2. Looks like the price has already increased on Amazon - currently listed at 7999 with a coupon discount of 1100 + Credit Card discount of 750 if total purchase is above 7k.

The Car play version of the stick is also available: https://www.amazon.in/MSXTTLY-Carpla...0CQVJLR37&th=1
AsphaltNomad is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th March 2024, 10:48   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swarnava.ch View Post

Two points:

Already clarified Car play device available separately on Amazon.
Got it for 6500 after coupon discount and CC discounts.
Also note that around 10% battery drain per hour can be expected in your phone while using the device. If you don't have wireless charger, you may have to wire charge the phone during long trips.
The tests have been done only with Samsung Galaxy 20 and Crysta HU. It may or may not work seamlessly with other phones and cars.
poloman is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th March 2024, 15:02   #5
BHPian

Seems kinda pricey for just the ability to connect wirelessly. Question is... form? or function? or convenience?
Old 15th March 2024, 15:52   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by @PetrolheadASH View Post
Seems pricey for just the ability to connect wirelessly. The question is... form? or function? or convenience?
It would be useful for people who have older cars but don't want to upgrade their system to those huge Chinese screens for stuff like maps. I had 'upgraded' my XUV500s stereo because the OEM one died. Repairing it would cost 10k. So I decided to go with a Chinese 10-inch system with climate controls included in it, bad decision. The screen is too bright, have to connect a hotspot every time I need maps. BT started acting up after a month and couldn't play songs without lagging. In the end, I decided to just download all the songs in a pen drive and play that. It feels like I have paid for a downgrade. More than the system, my dashboard's panel gaps are all messed up during the installation and are an eyesore. This would be a better option for those whose system supports it.
Old 15th March 2024, 17:05   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by @PetrolheadASH View Post
Seems kinda pricey for just the ability to connect wirelessly. Question is... form? or function? or convenience?
Personally I feel this is a good buy for 6.5K considering that most car accessories now a days are exorbitantly priced.

All AA or carplay adapters in the market are priced in 5K-10K range.

No dangling cables in the central console area. Also phone aways stays in the pocket with seamless connectivity. Continuously plugging in and out cable can damage the connectors. AA and Carplay interfaces are much superior to stock HU interface/Bluetooth connectivity.

It may not be VFM, but a matter of personal choice.
Old 15th March 2024, 17:16   #8
BHPian

Right on cue.

I got the CarPlay version for my Vento just last month. Apart from its L-type connector accessory not being able to supply enough data/power to the RCD340G unit for the latter to stream wirelessly, the stick by itself works seamlessly.

The best thing is that the system fires up upon car unlock and by the time I am in and switch the ignition, my phone is all connected with the car and is ready to go.

Money well spent (for now)!
Old 15th March 2024, 17:17   #9
BHPian

How about the phone heating up? Heard wireless car play can also cause that? I am in the fence about the same as my iPhone can be controlled via Siri using Bluetooth voice option in my Jeep's steering wheel (which gets connected soon as I start the car). Can use the voice control to make calls or play audio (which I have programmed to play automatically soon as it connects to Bluetooth). So effectively, CarPlay is useful only if I want the maps to an unknown location which is quite rare these days. Well....seems I have answered my own question

Quote:
Originally Posted by poloman View Post
Already clarified Car play device available separately on Amazon.
Got it for 6500 after coupon discount and CC discounts.
Also note that around 10% battery drain per hour can be expected in your phone while using the device. If you don't have wireless charger, you may have to wire charge the phone during long trips.
The tests have been done only with Samsung Galaxy 20 and Crysta HU. It may or may not work seamlessly with other phones and cars.
Old 15th March 2024, 17:28   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
How about the phone heating up? Heard wireless car play can also cause that? I am in the fence about the same as my iPhone can be controlled via Siri using Bluetooth voice option in my Jeep's steering wheel (which gets connected soon as I start the car). Can use the voice control to make calls or play audio (which I have programmed to play automatically soon as it connects to Bluetooth). So effectively, CarPlay is useful only if I want the maps to an unknown location which is quite rare these days. Well....seems I have answered my own question :Cheering
Phone will definitely warm up if not hot. Both Wifi and Bluetooth will be active. Wireless projection happens on 5Ghz wifi band. Bluetooth can't match the call/Audio quality of AA/Carplay.

Last edited by poloman : 15th March 2024 at 17:30.
poloman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th March 2024, 02:35   #11
BHPian

Although I don't see it available in Amazon India, Motorola sells an adapter for Android auto which I have been using for some time now and it's been working flawlessly.

https://www.amazon.com/Motorola-MA1-...ef_=ast_sto_dp
Pontiac is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th March 2024, 13:41   #12
BHPian

Since it's been a while since you are using please let us know if you are facing any issues like disconnection, excessive battery drain, sluggishness of the screen etc

Thanks for your review
Old 21st March 2024, 07:43   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrek8421 View Post
Since it's been a while since you are using please let us know if you are facing any issues like disconnection, excessive battery drain, sluggishness of the screen etc

Thanks for your review
Hi,

I purchased this recently by seeing this original write up. The connection time is super fast, doesn't disconnect in between, supports 3rd party apps like AA torque, cartube etc, basically exactly same as wired AA. The latency is noticeable, but very very minimal. The battery drain is higher than wired AA since in wired connection, the phone is also charged along with the connection where as here, no charging. So I recommend to keep the phone under charging whenever possible via cigar lighter USB.

The main use cases are as follows:

1. Modern cars are known to take away customer comfort and increase the price as well. Its an open secret. One such downgrade is no remote to the infotainment system. So you can give the mobile to anyone at the back of the vehicle to operate the music system. May seem a small thing but during road trips with friends, this little feature may assure a good time!

2. No need to connect and disconnect wire for small journeys.

3. I would say 7k is a small price to pay to get this on a car which doesn't support wireless AA on its own. Usually the wireless AA supported model is around 10k to 20k costlier.
SpeedBird is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st March 2024, 18:44   #14
BHPian

Got this for my XL6 and its been a boon. Connection time is swift, by the time you get in and settle in the car, the wireless CarPlay is connected. The only issue I found is that once you're connected with the device - iPhone, hotspot stops working.

Use-case: My son uses the iPad sometimes in the car. As it is a WiFi only iPad I've had to disconnect the wireless CarPlay as the hospot fails to connect to the IPad. The MSXTTLY uses bluetooth to make the initial connection and then shifts to a WiFi to maintain the connection. In this scenario the hotspot does not work and he's unable to log on it.

I will need to find a hack around this.
Old 20th April 2024, 10:35   #15

Would love to know if the older gen Suzukis' (read 2017) stock infotainment works with this one.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks