Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st April 2024, 18:54   #16
BHPian

Re: MSXTTLY U2A-AIR Wireless Android Auto Stick 2024 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by poloman View Post
Phone will definitely warm up if not hot. Both Wifi and Bluetooth will be active. Wireless projection happens on 5Ghz wifi band. Bluetooth can't match the call/Audio quality of AA/Carplay.
Yesterday, I got it (CarPlay version) for my new i20 (2021 model) which has 10.25 inch infotainment.
I updated its software successfully by connecting through wifi.
Then I connected it through Bluetooth to the car system. After successful connection, it showed connected through wifi instead of bluetooth. As per manual, it might act like it and it's totally fine.

I am now keeping wifi and bluetooth, both on, while in the car. It connects through wifi (shows in wifi list) but doesn't connect through bluetooth (doesn't show in bluetooth connected list). I guess it was because I connect this device through wifi 1st to update the firmware.
Everything works good except music. When I play music, sound doesn't come. When I check apple music app, I can see 2 options, either play over bluetooth (i20) or CarPlay. if I chose CarPlay, I can't change songs through steering controls. If I play over bluetooth, Sound doesn't come but steering controls work to change songs.
Then I switched off bluetooth and only kept wifi on. It works well and plays song but again can't change songs through steering controls. I can't change 'mode' through steering controls to bluetooth as it's off now. I can only change mode to FM USB etc. Calls are also coming through without any issue.

Then I disconnected device from wifi settings (forget this network setting) and also bluetooth (forget this device setting). I also did 'forget this network setting' for my car direct connection which I used before this device.
Now I again connected this device through bluetooth. This time bluetooth connected (shows in bluetooth device list) and not wifi.
Now sound and steering controls to change the songs, both work great.

My question: does this device connect over bluetooth only or wifi+bluetooth both or wifi only?

Is it just a bug or should I get this device replaced while I can?

Last edited by Nicky : 21st April 2024 at 19:18.
Old 22nd April 2024, 08:29   #17
BHPian

Update to above post:
After trouble shooting and understanding how it works, I understood that it utilises wifi as well as bluetooth.
The trick is, you should forget the wifi connection (wifi->smart box xxxxx -> click on i button next to it and do 'forget this device') after updating the firmware. Firmware updation is done by connecting to this device through wifi only.
Then, you should only connect it through bluetooth and complete the steps. It will automatically use bluetooth as well as wifi for connection.
You can verify this as after bluetooth connection, it will grey out the wifi button in control centre. if you try to switch wifi on, it will give warning that CarPlay connection will go off.

Mods; Pls merger this post with the above post. Thanks.
Old 18th June 2024, 16:08   #18
BHPian

Has anyone used the newer version from the brand which has both Android Auto and Apple Carplay in one device? I am considering this over Carlink 5.0.
Attached Thumbnails
MSXTTLY U2A-AIR Wireless Android Auto Stick 2024 Review-screenshot-20240618-4.10.028239pm.png  

Last edited by Redline Shooter : 18th June 2024 at 16:11.
Redline Shooter is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th July 2024, 22:34   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redline Shooter View Post
Has anyone used the newer version from the brand which has both Android Auto and Apple Carplay in one device? I am considering this over Carlink 5.0.
Hi, did you buy/try it? Would love to see an update if you do have one
Old 14th July 2024, 12:01   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sainyamk95 View Post
Hi, did you buy/try it? Would love to see an update if you do have one
Yes I have been using the device for a good 20-25 days now. Some observations were -
  1. the device takes about 10 secs to connect, but connects flawlessly
  2. I have only tested Android devices till now. Will test with an Iphone and put an update here. But I dont think there will be any issues. Will update.
  3. Once connected, I have not faced disruptions or disconnections.
  4. The phone heats up a little. So i also avoid keeping the phone next the windscreen.(I have a holder placed between the dash and A-pillar)
  5. Haven't faced any lag over calls. I have tried multiple regular, Whatsapp, MS Teams, Skype calls.
  6. Music is smooth too.Zero lag. So is the google map interaction.

If it works with an iphone as well as it does with an android phone, this should be the most usable device around IMO.
I hope this will help others to make a call.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks