Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment

Search this Thread
Old 21st April 2024, 18:54   #16
BHPian

Re: MSXTTLY U2A-AIR Wireless Android Auto Stick 2024 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by poloman View Post
Phone will definitely warm up if not hot. Both Wifi and Bluetooth will be active. Wireless projection happens on 5Ghz wifi band. Bluetooth can't match the call/Audio quality of AA/Carplay.
Yesterday, I got it (CarPlay version) for my new i20 (2021 model) which has 10.25 inch infotainment.
I updated its software successfully by connecting through wifi.
Then I connected it through Bluetooth to the car system. After successful connection, it showed connected through wifi instead of bluetooth. As per manual, it might act like it and it's totally fine.

I am now keeping wifi and bluetooth, both on, while in the car. It connects through wifi (shows in wifi list) but doesn't connect through bluetooth (doesn't show in bluetooth connected list). I guess it was because I connect this device through wifi 1st to update the firmware.
Everything works good except music. When I play music, sound doesn't come. When I check apple music app, I can see 2 options, either play over bluetooth (i20) or CarPlay. if I chose CarPlay, I can't change songs through steering controls. If I play over bluetooth, Sound doesn't come but steering controls work to change songs.
Then I switched off bluetooth and only kept wifi on. It works well and plays song but again can't change songs through steering controls. I can't change 'mode' through steering controls to bluetooth as it's off now. I can only change mode to FM USB etc. Calls are also coming through without any issue.

Then I disconnected device from wifi settings (forget this network setting) and also bluetooth (forget this device setting). I also did 'forget this network setting' for my car direct connection which I used before this device.
Now I again connected this device through bluetooth. This time bluetooth connected (shows in bluetooth device list) and not wifi.
Now sound and steering controls to change the songs, both work great.

My question: does this device connect over bluetooth only or wifi+bluetooth both or wifi only?

Is it just a bug or should I get this device replaced while I can?

Last edited by Nicky : 21st April 2024 at 19:18.
Old 22nd April 2024, 08:29   #17
BHPian

Update to above post:
After trouble shooting and understanding how it works, I understood that it utilises wifi as well as bluetooth.
The trick is, you should forget the wifi connection (wifi->smart box xxxxx -> click on i button next to it and do 'forget this device') after updating the firmware. Firmware updation is done by connecting to this device through wifi only.
Then, you should only connect it through bluetooth and complete the steps. It will automatically use bluetooth as well as wifi for connection.
You can verify this as after bluetooth connection, it will grey out the wifi button in control centre. if you try to switch wifi on, it will give warning that CarPlay connection will go off.

Mods; Pls merger this post with the above post. Thanks.
Old 18th June 2024, 16:08   #18
BHPian

Has anyone used the newer version from the brand which has both Android Auto and Apple Carplay in one device? I am considering this over Carlink 5.0.
Attached Thumbnails
MSXTTLY U2A-AIR Wireless Android Auto Stick 2024 Review-screenshot-20240618-4.10.028239pm.png  

Last edited by Redline Shooter : 18th June 2024 at 16:11.
Redline Shooter is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th July 2024, 22:34   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redline Shooter View Post
Has anyone used the newer version from the brand which has both Android Auto and Apple Carplay in one device? I am considering this over Carlink 5.0.
Hi, did you buy/try it? Would love to see an update if you do have one
Old 14th July 2024, 12:01   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sainyamk95 View Post
Hi, did you buy/try it? Would love to see an update if you do have one
Yes I have been using the device for a good 20-25 days now. Some observations were -
  1. the device takes about 10 secs to connect, but connects flawlessly
  2. I have only tested Android devices till now. Will test with an Iphone and put an update here. But I dont think there will be any issues. Will update.
  3. Once connected, I have not faced disruptions or disconnections.
  4. The phone heats up a little. So i also avoid keeping the phone next the windscreen.(I have a holder placed between the dash and A-pillar)
  5. Haven't faced any lag over calls. I have tried multiple regular, Whatsapp, MS Teams, Skype calls.
  6. Music is smooth too.Zero lag. So is the google map interaction.

If it works with an iphone as well as it does with an android phone, this should be the most usable device around IMO.
I hope this will help others to make a call.
Redline Shooter is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th August 2024, 12:10   #21

MSXTTLY SMT-AC01 Wireless AA/Carplay Adapter Review

MSXTTLY Wireless AA/Carplay Adapter SMT-AC01

YouTube Review:

Product Link:
https://amzn.in/d/dv19R8Q​

My Car: New Baleno 2022 Delta (Only has wired AA and Carplay!)
My Phone: Samsung S23 Ultra

Ever since the day I brought my car, I was on the hunt to convert my infotainment to wireless. There weren't much options 2 years back and the ones that were there, were expensive and unreliable.
I was hesitant to get this (looking at the price), Believe me the Wireless AA and Carplay technology is not cheap and is apparently difficult to implement, but after thorough research of user reviews and youtube reviews. I decided to take a leap of faith. This device seems to have released in US and Europe as well, And the response there is pretty darn positive.
The pairing is fairly easy, You switch both the bluetooth and wifi on, on your mobile. Then you plug it in the AA/Carplay Usb port. After that you pair it with your mobile's bluetooth and voila, It will establish a wifi connection with your device.

Pros:
1. Speed and responsiveness is as good as it is in Wired mode. No lags, no stuttering and no ghosting (bear in mind it also depends on your infotainments capabilities, like if it was lagging in wired mode it might also lag in wireless)
2. Resolution is the same as in wired mode so no loss in picture quality (Because the connection is through WiFi).
3. Value for money.
4. Once you complete the initial setup, It takes like 10 seconds to connect after you turn ignition in your car (like any other OEM wireless AA/Carplay would)
5. Great design and tiny, Almost gives a feeling like it isn't even there. MSXTTLY really put their all in this latest model, After dabbling in their initial AA/Carplay Usb adapters which were a lot bigger.

Cons:
1. So far none! I am only worried about it's reliability and ofc you can't expect much from Chinese service providers. There's a saying for Chinese products: "Chale to Chaand tak, Nahi to Sham tak 😂".
Attached Thumbnails
MSXTTLY U2A-AIR Wireless Android Auto Stick 2024 Review-20240818_205414.jpg  

Maximum Frisk is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st August 2024, 01:17   #22

I'm using AllWinner's one in my i20 2021 and it works flawlessly for both Carplay And android Auto.
Old 1st September 2024, 10:13   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redline Shooter View Post
Thanks to all you pioneers in this area. I was wondering if I have to change my car to get wireless Carplay, but you all saved me a ton of money.

I ordered MSXTTLY Carplay Only Wireless Adapter from Amazon yesterday by 11AM for 5,770/-, after some discounts. I recieved the adapter by 10PM. Read the manual and configured it by 10:05PM. I just had to plug in the adapter in the data port and turn on ignition. I didnt even need to start the car. It took about a minute for the phone to recognize the bluetooth adapter. I didnt have to use any of the cables provided by them. It worked flawlessly. Though I have to see how it performs in the long run, the first experience was a good one. No lags anywhere and you would never know its not running in wired mode. I feel the graphics are changed a bit (5%?) in a way I am not able to understand, but it hardly matters given the way its functioning. Wifi just needs to be ON. I saw that the SSID generated by the adapter wasnt connected to my phone. It was just there.

I will post a long term review in a month. Feel free to ask me any questions in the meanwhile.
Old 14th September 2024, 16:29   #24
BHPian

I bought the same dongle off Amazon for my Maruti Ignis which has only wired auto. Upon inserting it into the Ignis's USB port, it didn't work. Tried to pair with Bluetooth and WiFi on the phone as per the user manual and nothing worked. The phone could not even sense the Bluetooth and WiFi from the dongle. Finally I got so frustrated that I just initiated an Amazon return. Luckily it is returnable within 10 days - thanking my luck stars that my Rs.6000/- didn't go down the drain!
Old 19th September 2024, 18:49   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorguy View Post
I bought the same dongle off Amazon for my Maruti Ignis which has only wired auto. Upon inserting it into the Ignis's USB port, it didn't work. Tried to pair with Bluetooth and WiFi on the phone as per the user manual and nothing worked. The phone could not even sense the Bluetooth and WiFi from the dongle. Finally I got so frustrated that I just initiated an Amazon return. Luckily it is returnable within 10 days - thanking my luck stars that my Rs.6000/- didn't go down the drain!
An update - decided to to get one more piece after I returned the non-working one. I had no issues with this one - just connected it, paired it with my wifi and bluetooth and it worked!
Old 19th September 2024, 19:27   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicky View Post
Update to above post:
The trick is, you should forget the wifi connection (wifi->smart box xxxxx -> click on i button next to it and do 'forget this device') after updating the firmware. Firmware updation is done by connecting to this device through wifi only.
In the manual it specifically says not to update firmware unless you have a problem connecting the device.
Old 28th September 2024, 09:06   #27
BHPian

Re: MSXTTLY SMT-AC01 Wireless AA/Carplay Adapter Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximum Frisk View Post
MSXTTLY Wireless AA/Carplay Adapter SMT-AC01
I am also planning to buy one and initially was thinking about carlinkit. Can you please share why you preferred this over carlinkit. Is it better?

Last edited by Turbanator : 28th September 2024 at 09:38. Reason: Please quote only relevant part while replying to the posts.
utkarshgoel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2024, 10:17   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by utkarshgoel View Post
I am also planning to buy one and initially was thinking about carlinkit. Can you please share why you preferred this over carlinkit. Is it better?
Why I brought it?
1. Faster connection than Carlinkit, No lags, OEM level performance.
2. Form factor, Great build quality. No clunkiness of wires. Feels like it's almost not there.

Price might a be a bit more than others in it's class, But it's worth it.
Maximum Frisk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2024, 10:48   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximum Frisk View Post
Why I brought it?
1. Faster connection than Carlinkit, No lags, OEM level performance.
2. Form factor, Great build quality. No clunkiness of wires. Feels like it's almost not there.
Thanks a lot. I too liked the form factor and will go for the same.
Old 28th September 2024, 12:42   #30
BHPian

I purchased this, and it works flawlessly on my Ioniq 5.
Just a few seconds to connect, and sound quality is great. No lag either.

Most Viewed