Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th November 2023, 23:29   #16
BANNED

Re: Android Auto disconnects only on a particular 100m stretch of road

Possible radio disruption due to sensitive area near by Army jammers. Defence related infrastructures etc.
Such spots can remain casually 'hidden' from usual public and traffic but very near to public roads.
Old 25th November 2023, 06:37   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrman View Post
P whenever I pass through a particular stretch near South India mall on BG road, Bangalore.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naetik30 View Post
You know what, I have had the exact same observation on Bannerghatta road in Bangalore. This is the Arekere junction in front of the Rose Garden apartments on Bannerghatta road. .
Quote:
Originally Posted by abirnale View Post
Right on! All cars and my 7OO as well, drops connection at the Arakere traffic lights .
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthvader001 View Post
EThe wireless AA always disconnects near Arakere signal both while coming from Meenakshi mall and from IIM-B side. .
I am observing in the past few days, AA is not getting disconnected anymore. No changes to any of my settings. I am assuming there was some wifi/mobile jammer or device placed during metro construction, which may have been removed, now that the metro construction on this stretch is over. The AA works smoothly coming from IIMB side or from BPL side. Any of you experienced this?
hrman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th November 2023, 08:13   #18

Well, I've been travelling through this route regularly as I stay in Vikhroli & travel to Vyara (near Surat) often.
Have used different phones in various cars. I have used it previously in my Verna, then the Duster & now Ecosport. I've not faced what you are mentioning or maybe I've never noticed. Are there any HT lines running parallel or passing over the road? Last time I was in a remote place & we noticed that wherever HT lines are passing, the area below the foot of the tower is absolutely dead. No trees or plant survive & all electronics start acting funny including the Smart watches. Not sure of the cause.
Old 25th November 2023, 14:22   #19

Same issue with my AX7 L at Sahakar Nagar signal in Bangalore, every time, whether I go above it on the flyover or below it. Roughly 100 metres on all sides from the signal. I do not see a defence establishment around, so most likely a telecom tower or satellite receiver in one of the tall buildings surrounding the signal. Without fail the AA disconnects and while I've stopped at the signal, I can't connect it back. Every time it disconnects, I have to manually reconnect after I've crossed the signal
Old 25th November 2023, 15:36   #20
RMN
BHPian

A regular occurrence for me in Cochin near my house. My house is a little away from the city, an interior area. Exactly at the first junction, like clockwork AA disconnects for about 10 secs. This is not a heavily populated area and the same happens on a lazy Sunday with no other vehicles around. So it isn't nearby vehicles 5gz interference. There aren't any high security areas or even half a decent office building there. Absolutely no idea what causes this
Old 1st December 2023, 11:42   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RashmiRathi View Post
I stay in Thane. I have discovered that whenever I drive through this particular 100m stretch of road, my Android Auto connected to my Tata Safari through bluetooth gets disconnected for a moment.
Can confirm it disconnects on the same patch in my Kushaq too. I happened to cross this stretch multiple times during my initial drive & I thought the wireless connectivity on Kushaq is shit with frequent disconnections. But they never happened there after, until I was back at this spot. This time I realised there is some issue with that particular crossing, and my car isn't at fault.
So far, haven't encountered any other such spot. Kind of relieved to know it happens for all
Old 1st December 2023, 15:22   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RohanPitre View Post
So far, haven't encountered any other such spot. Kind of relieved to know it happens for all
LOL...now you can sleep in peace
Old 4th December 2023, 10:53   #23
BHPian

Damn. Too many scientific explanations. I was hoping there would be some supernatural answer and something to do with a roohani taqat
Old 31st December 2023, 23:15   #24
BHPian

Update - have reached out to AAwireless support team (as I use their dongle for wireless AA), they suggested to change the wifi channel. There is a setting in the AAwireless app to change the channel. Default is 149 (in the 5 Ghz) for India, but they asked me to try other channels until there is no more crash. For me channel 157 worked out. After setting the wifi channel to 157, the connection was stable and didn't observe any crash. However once it happened with this 157 channel as well but that was during my west coast drive otherwise stable. Will monitor this channel stability.

For those who don't need to use dongle but have direct wireless AA in their car, can go to developer options in mobile Android and try to play around with the wifi channel. Also you can try the 2.4 or 5 Ghz band and check the consistency/stability.
darthvader001 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st March 2024, 07:27   #25
BHPian

I have also experienced wireless android auto disconnecting at times on my 2023 Jimny Alpha. It is a bit frustrating because the maps display on the head unit blank out. On a long trip recently from Bangalore to Madurai and onwards to Thekkady, experienced this occasionally, sometimes approximately after 1 or 2 hours , sometimes 10 minutes apart.
When this happens, one has to go to the paired devices list and press the Android Auto button. It will then reconnect again (no automatic reconnection though). Note that the bluetooth does not disconnect. Only AA disconnects.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks