Old 13th September 2017, 21:52   #751
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Re: Queries in 'Ask the gurus' section

doesnt your HU have a fader control?
Old 13th September 2017, 23:05   #752
BHPian

Sure, but moving the fader back totally kills the sound. The rear stock speakers are pathetic, and being driven by the HU vs the comps on the amp it is a total mismatch. Any clue on this whole gain settings on the hi-lo converter option?
Old 13th September 2017, 23:12   #753
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

when you move the fader backwards, you are essentially reducing the gain on the fronts (which is what I understand you are trying to do)
this will obviously make your rear speakers louder. If you are saying that they now sound like crap, then you need to upgrade your speakers.

In the meantime, can you try reverting the phase of the front tweeters back to the way they were , and try reversing the polarity of the rear speakers instead ?
Old 17th September 2017, 18:08   #754
BHPian

Thanks Greenhorn, what effect would this have?
Also, my kenwood amp has line level inputs, if I use those vs the current hi-lo thru rca, will that make a difference?
Lastly, if I replace my rears with Polk Db 651 and run them off the HU could I expect better results?
Old 24th September 2017, 22:57   #755
BHPian

Queries in 'Ask the gurus' section

I am expecting my Baleno Alpha CVT by next month. I want to upgrade the speakers to the Hertz Components and Hertz Coaxial from Nexa. I don't require Amp or Subwoofer. Anyone has gone for the similar setup? Will the tweeter units sits originally in the OEM slots? Any advices for me?
Old 4th October 2017, 19:40   #756

Hi, I am a novice from Bangalore and I need your guidance in helping me with the following information.

1. Your Car: Honda Amaze iDtech 2014

2. Your current setup (If any): Factory fitted system.

3. Your Budget: Below 10k

4. Do you drive most of the time or is it chauffer driven? I drive.

5. Your Music preferences (Genres, favorite artists, etc.): Prefer to listen to Megadeth/Pearl Jam, but usually play radio when I have company. I know the existing system produces trash quality sound :(

Additional Information: I do not want to cut or modify door panels or rear speaker area. If I could get something that can fix in to the allotted space, it would be great.

Also, do head unit make a lot of difference when it comes to music played through USB device? Please do let me know.

6. Are you ready to sacrifice your boot space/modify door panels? : No, I don't want to.

I also need help with my stereo fixed in Alto Lxi. The current setup has Sony CDX-F5510X. It has become unresponsive. I think I would need to replace it unless it could be fixed.
Could you please guide me?

For people having trouble with their system:

1. Your car: Maruti Suzuki Alto Lxi 2005

2. Your current setup (Please mention details with model numbers if possible):Sony CDX-F5510X with Xplod speakers

3. Description of the problem: Head unit unresponsive.

Thank you for all your help!
Mayank
Old 5th October 2017, 13:06   #757
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkJoe View Post
1. Your Car: Honda Amaze iDtech 2014
2. Your current setup (If any): Factory fitted system.
3. Your Budget: Below 10k
5. Your Music preferences (Genres, favorite artists, etc.): Prefer to listen to Megadeth/Pearl Jam,

Also, do head unit make a lot of difference when it comes to music played through USB device? Please do let me know.

I also need help with my stereo fixed in Alto Lxi. The current setup has Sony CDX-F5510X.
1. Your car: Maruti Suzuki Alto Lxi 2005
2. Your current setup (Please mention details with model numbers if possible):Sony CDX-F5510X with Xplod speakers
3. Description of the problem: Head unit unresponsive.

Honda Amaze: your best bet is to upgrade the speakers first. This alone will cost 8-10K (for 2 pairs of speakers). I do not know if the Amaze has tweeter pods but if it does get component speakers for the front. The common brands like JBL, Focal, Polk, Blaupunkt, etc should give you enough options.

As far as the Sony 5510X HU is concerned, what do you mean by "unresponsive"? Do any of the buttons work? Does it turn on?
navin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2017, 17:07   #758
BHPian

hello Gurus
my 7 year old xylo has, around 6 year old after market ICE setup - Pioneer double din 6" display head unit with 2 RCA out & (perhaps) 4ohm impedence ; one RCA out connected to hertz amp for front and back speakers and another connected to sony amp for a subwoofer.

Recently there were some power windows - cable and motor repair done on the driver side door and rear left side passenger door.

Now whenever I increase the volume to beyond 9, 10 units on the head unit the audio cuts off for few seconds, comes back and cuts off again. If i play below 9 or 8 unit loudness, I see no problem. This issue applies to Radio or CD or USB sources.

Would this be due to any wire grounding on those door panels, inadvertantly done by those mechanics who repaired the power windows? or would it be something else? Kindly enlighten how to check and repair.
Also kindly suggest a good place in the east bangalore side, since the guy who fitted this set up has closed shop and I don't wanna go to any JC Road or unknown car audio shop. Thanks in advance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashok_lat View Post
I am expecting my Baleno Alpha CVT by next month. I want to upgrade the speakers to the Hertz Components and Hertz Coaxial from Nexa. I don't require Amp or Subwoofer. Anyone has gone for the similar setup? Will the tweeter units sits originally in the OEM slots? Any advices for me?
Just one side note, please go for Hertz components instead of Co-axial. Over the years, the co-axials don't sound good, at least on my car.

Last edited by navin : 5th October 2017 at 17:17.
Old 5th October 2017, 17:21   #759
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by cs_rajesh View Post
one RCA out connected to hertz amp for front and back speakers and another connected to sony amp for a subwoofer.

Recently there were some power windows - cable and motor repair done on the driver side door and rear left side passenger door.

Now whenever I increase the volume to beyond 9, 10 units on the head unit the audio cuts off for few seconds, comes back and cuts off again..
Does the Subwoofer also cut off or only the front and rear speakers?

I suspect your Hertz amp is tripping and cutting off or (if both amps are cutting off) the battery on your car is old and once it's voltage drops below say 11V (approximate) both amps don't have enough power.
navin is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th October 2017, 10:48   #760

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
Honda Amaze: your best bet is to upgrade the speakers first. This alone will cost 8-10K (for 2 pairs of speakers). I do not know if the Amaze has tweeter pods but if it does get component speakers for the front. The common brands like JBL, Focal, Polk, Blaupunkt, etc should give you enough options.

As far as the Sony 5510X HU is concerned, what do you mean by "unresponsive"? Do any of the buttons work? Does it turn on?
Thank you Navin for the reply. For Amaze, do you recommend changing the back speakers as well? I am asking because I had read that the removing and fixing the back speakers is a big no no unless the technician really knows how to open the rear speakers.

Anyways, I would love to know if someone has replaced his/her speakers for Amaze, and what worked for them.

As far as my Sony HU is concerned, it turns on and display gets going. However, the buttons don't work. Don't know what to do.
Old 6th October 2017, 10:58   #761
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Thank you Navin for the reply. For Amaze, do you recommend changing the back speakers as well?

As far as my Sony HU is concerned, it turns on and display gets going. However, the buttons don't work. Don't know what to do.
Why not? Are the back speakers in the rear deck or the rear doors? Either way I don't see why changing them is such a big deal. I have a Honda City and the rear speakers are in the rear doors. Maybe the Amaze has different locations.

Aha the front panel of the Sony HU is kaput. Do ANY of the buttons work? If none work it might be the logic chip that the buttons use to transmit commands that has gone. Either way ask if your local stereo guy can repair it. If not then it might be time to replace the HU.
Old 6th October 2017, 11:29   #762

Quote:
Why not? Are the back speakers in the rear deck or the rear doors? Either way I don't see why changing them is such a big deal. I have a Honda City and the rear speakers are in the rear doors. Maybe the Amaze has different locations.

Aha the front panel of the Sony HU is kaput. Do ANY of the buttons work? If none work it might be the logic chip that the buttons use to transmit commands that has gone. Either way ask if your local stereo guy can repair it. If not then it might be time to replace the HU.
Yes, the speakers are on the rear deck. Maybe I should read a bit more on the internet to find if someone had success with speakers at the back.

I need to repair/replace the HU soon. I am planning to let the Alto go. Any idea on how much a good (not expensive) HU costs.

Thanks again Navin for all the help!
Old 6th October 2017, 12:18   #763
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I need to repair/replace the HU soon. I am planning to let the Alto go. Any idea on how much a good (not expensive) HU costs.

Thanks again Navin for all the help!
If you are selling the car why bother. Even if you spend 4-5k on a new HU (JVC/Kenwood, Pioneer and Sony all have a basic model for about 5k) you wont get that much more in the sale price.

Last edited by navin : 6th October 2017 at 12:20.
Old 6th October 2017, 12:25   #764
BHPian

Quote:
Does the Subwoofer also cut off or only the front and rear speakers?

I suspect your Hertz amp is tripping and cutting off or (if both amps are cutting off) the battery on your car is old and once it's voltage drops below say 11V (approximate) both amps don't have enough power.
I have disconnected the sub woofer for want of space and I have to test that part. I will check this over the weekend. Also I could "fade" to either left or right side and check if the volume cut off happens - would that help?

The battery is old but engine starts in a single keystroke. Nevertheless, that is a probable reason though. Battery check requires equipment and I need to take the car to a electrical shop.

Thank you for your directions.
Old 6th October 2017, 12:27   #765
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by cs_rajesh View Post
Also I could "fade" to either left or right side and check if the volume cut off happens - would that help?

The battery is old but engine starts in a single keystroke..
No the fader works in the "preamp section" your problems are either with a short (which I doubt as a short would affect all volumes), a tripping amp (which is my first suspect) or a battery issue (see GTO's Disco thread on ICE).

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks