Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th December 2021, 10:11   #31

Re: Best plug & play speaker upgrade for the 2nd-gen Mahindra Thar?

Hi BHPians,

Requesting your inputs on the following:

I recently got the INFINITY Basslink SM2 installed in my Thar. With 7D mats used on the floor, it wouldn't fit under the seat (driver's seat wont slide back). They have strapped it behind the rear seat instead.

I find a intermittent brrr sound emanating from the subwoofer.
The installation guy insisted that it is normal and due to high gain and that its a normal issue on installation.

I however noticed that it activates and deactivates on the turn of the AC. It still comes even when the AC is switched off but at a much longer gap.

Do let me know what can be done. I plan to travel about 1800kms and want to ensure its corrected before that.

Cheers!
Old 29th December 2021, 16:00   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headoverheart View Post

I however noticed that it activates and deactivates on the turn of the AC. It still comes even when the AC is switched off but at a much longer gap.

Cheers!
It's a little bit difficult to ascertain the issue.
  • Is the negative terminal properly connected to the body?
  • When you switch on the main headlamps, have the AC running and a song is playing with the subwoofer, do the headlight lights dim based on the bass level?
  • Try to decrease the "Level" and/or "Bass Boost".
  • Check if the equalizer has an abnormal low-frequency boost in the head unit.

Last edited by Kannan : 29th December 2021 at 16:04.
Kannan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th December 2021, 18:32   #33

Hi Kannan,

Finally the issue has been resolved. The Car decor guy had initially used a speaker amplifier kit to connect to the subwoofer along with a subwoofer isolation transformer.

After 3 hours of troubleshooting which included using different paths for the RCA and power cable, using a different RCA cable, we finally managed to get rid of the sound by removing the RCA cable & isolator altogether and connecting it directly with the subwoofer through high level in instead of the Line in

Thanks for the help!

P.S. I'm not very technically sound. Hopefully I was able to get the message accross.
Old 31st December 2021, 07:51   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headoverheart View Post
After 3 hours of troubleshooting which included using different paths for the RCA and power cable, using a different RCA cable, we finally managed to get rid of the sound by removing the RCA cable & isolator altogether and connecting it directly with the subwoofer through high level in instead of the Line in
Glad the car decor shop was able to fix the issue.
Kannan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th May 2023, 00:59   #35
udy
BHPian

Posting this here too as this seems to be a dedicated ICE fr Thar thread. Have posted the same in the Official Review thread too and looking for some suggestions here.

Guys, need suggestions on ICE upgrade for my Thar. It's a Diesel Convertible Top and I am considering the following after a good amount of research and read including this thread. ICE experts please do suggest if this is good or if anything can be bettered.

Looking for a pure SQ set up and retaining the OEM Head Unit. Also want minimal adjustments to the existing stock speaker space and avoid any extra drilling.

JL Audio C2 650 components for the front speakers
JL Audio C1 650 Components for the roof speakers
JL Audio 10' Enclosed Subwoofer in the boot
Cerwin Vega 1200.4D 4 channel amp for the components
Cerwin Vega XED 300.1 mono amp for the sub
Nakamichi 6 or 8 channel DSP

Have almost finalized on the above except for the Amplifiers and looking forward to any suggestions to add on to or improve this set up.

I was initially considering JL Audio JD400/4 and a Vibe/Statsom mono or a JL Audio RD900/5 single 5 channel amp to drive all the speakers, but someone with good knowledge has partially convinced me that the Cerwin Vega amps are equally good for the price paid. Open to any suggestions if things can be done better here.

Don't want to go for a full audiophile set up as it is a Thar and considering the speaker placements etc, and most importantly since mine is a Convertible Top, the outside noise is inevitable. Don't want to use damping as the doors don't have any speakers.
Old 11th May 2023, 06:46   #36
BHPian

I am looking for the same. I have finalized Jbl speakers but am confused regarding the amplifiers. I would wait for further suggestions here.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks