Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th April 2021, 23:37   #16
BHPian

Re: Best plug & play speaker upgrade for the 2nd-gen Mahindra Thar?

So where are you at with this install? I've been watching this space as am interested in installing the Sony XS-AW8 underseat sub in my Thar and was wondering if a clean plug-and-play install was possible using the high level output from the OEM radio (I dont wanna go the RCA connectors route). Do keep us updated.

Anyone else has any input on accomplishing the above?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdiSinghV12 View Post
99.9% I'm going ahead with this, only confused about the woofers as I want to have a significant upgrade over the stock unit in terms of output hence considering Kicker Hideaway 11HS8 as well. I shall keep the thread updated and also post pics once I carry out the work.
Old 1st May 2021, 15:20   #17

Audio Set up for new Thar

I am due to get the delivery of the new Thar, it is HT,Auto, Petrol model. I am keen to install a decent audio set up for the same. From Damping to components required, any help and guidance from the Guru's/experts would be highly appreciated. Considering I don't want to use boot space for any audio equipment. Budget would be approx 1 lakh +/-
Any guidance towards brands, approx pricing would be helpful.
Old 18th July 2021, 18:22   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by fjcruiser08 View Post
interested in installing the Sony XS-AW8 underseat sub in my Thar and was wondering if a clean plug-and-play install was possible using the high level output from the OEM radio (I dont wanna go the RCA connectors route).
I am also interested in the same setup. Have you installed it? If so, how did you go about it?
Old 9th August 2021, 22:49   #19
BHPian

So guys I went ahead with the following setup but I'm somewhat left asking for more. The vocals seem to be lacking and even though the high-bass pop songs plays really well, even better than some of my higher end cars, the soft songs are a nightmare as there are hardly and vocals. My setup is as below

Front speakers- JL C2-650
Roof speakers- JL C1-650
Amp- MTX T450
Subwoofer- MTX Shallow Subwoofer
Wiring- Gladden

Any suggestions to improve the vocals ? Is it due to my cost cutting on the amplifier
Best plug & play speaker upgrade for the 2nd-gen Mahindra Thar?-whatsapp-image-20210809-10.47.48-pm.jpeg

Best plug & play speaker upgrade for the 2nd-gen Mahindra Thar?-whatsapp-image-20210809-10.45.34-pm.jpeg

Best plug & play speaker upgrade for the 2nd-gen Mahindra Thar?-whatsapp-image-20210809-10.45.35-pm.jpeg

Best plug & play speaker upgrade for the 2nd-gen Mahindra Thar?-whatsapp-image-20210809-10.45.36-pm.jpeg
AdiSinghV12 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th August 2021, 22:59   #20
BHPian

Quote:
So guys I went ahead with the following setup but I'm somewhat left asking for more. The vocals seem to be lacking and even though the high-bass pop songs plays really well, even better than some of my higher end cars, the soft songs are a nightmare as there are hardly and vocals. My setup is as below

Front speakers- JL C2-650
Roof speakers- JL C1-650
Amp- MTX T450
Subwoofer- MTX Shallow Subwoofer
Wiring- Gladden
Does the stock head unit have a remote wire to connect to the remote terminal on the amp ? If not, how to connect the amp remote terminal ?
Old 16th October 2021, 23:57   #21
BHPian

What is the size of the speakers in the Thar? Front, top (back) and the tweeter. While the stock speakers are awful (darn M&M and their cutting corners), I don't want anything that needs additional wiring. I want to DIY replace the stock speakers and wanted to know what dimension I should look for. Is there a factor of depth as well besides diameter?
Old 31st October 2021, 14:49   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Any suggestions to improve the vocals ? Is it due to my cost cutting on the amplifier
Yes, I think you should add an AMP for this set up to work at its best.
Was it necessary to slice/ peel or cut the stock wiring for this set up?

Last edited by MithunSathianat : 31st October 2021 at 14:51. Reason: Spelling mistake
Old 2nd November 2021, 15:26   #23

Quote:
Thank you all for your valuable contribution to the thread including GTO for being inspirational for the upgrade. Here's a list provided by A4Anurag whom I couldn't thank enough for, needless to say a big shout-out;

HU: OEM Stock

Front Speaker: JL Audio C2-650 - Roof Speakers

Amp for speaker: Stetsom IR400.4 - Under the left seat

Underseat Subwoofer: Sony XS-AW8 or Infinity Basslink Mini 6x8 or Blaupunkt XLF-8A or Alpine PWE-V80 or Pioneer TS-WX500A (also considering Kicker)

Power Wiring: 4ga from battery to distribution block. 4ga/8ga from distribution block to each amplifier. (Blaupunkt 4ga OFC kit) : ₹8000

Speaker wiring: 16ga for speakers

Damping: 2 bulk packs of Dampmat Exceed

99.9% I'm going ahead with this, only confused about the woofers as I want to have a significant upgrade over the stock unit in terms of output hence considering Kicker Hideaway 11HS8 as well. I shall keep the thread updated and also post pics once I carry out the work.

Hello Bro,

Kindly share the details of the shop in Calcutta where you got the audio modification done. I’m from Bhubaneswar and I’ll mostly visit Calcutta to get Leather seats and dashboard wrapping for my Thar. In case you have modified the front grill, can you share how’s the quality of the grill? Because there’s too many varieties of grills. Some ABS and FRP BS that I’m unable to figure out. Regarding damping does it help at all? Also how have you matted your car? Premium carpeting like we get in all expensive cars and then rubber mats or anything else. Pls do share. Looking forward to your inputs.
Old 30th November 2021, 16:57   #24
BHPian

Quick update from my side. Got the JL C1 components at the front and JL C1 Coaxials at the top. Sounds a lot better than stock. Will run with this set up for a few months and then decide whether to spring for an amp and sub woofer.
Got the work done at Evo car audio at Bangalore.
I was considering the Morel Maximo but they seemed to have an awkward fit so went with JL.
Old 3rd December 2021, 19:43   #25
BHPian

Hello,
Just wanted to know if anyone upgraded the stock head unit of Thar. I am looking for a better head unit which supports High Res music and fits in the stock location in Thar. After upgrading my complete audio setup in Thar I feel the source signals are of low quality hence not getting the expected output.

Will try to put up this question in Audio thread as well maybe some easy solution to this problem.
Old 17th December 2021, 23:26   #26
BHPian

I got an underseat powered subwoofer installed in my CT Thar today and I am pretty pleased with the outcome. The subwoofer is from British Audio (Vibe) and is also retailed as an OEM accessory by Mahindra.

It fits in snugly under the driver seat, even with the seat height adjusted to the lowest position. The Amp does need a bit of tuning to suit one's liking and eventually I liked the tuned setup. I will consider a speaker upgrade (thinking of component speakers by Polk or Vibe itself) after a few days of driving around with just the powered subwoofer setup. For now, I am loving a range of songs that I have auditioned. Its not too over the top, but has a nice and tight bass effect to it.
vinay_ss is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2021, 23:11   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinay_ss View Post
I got an underseat powered subwoofer installed in my CT Thar today and I am pretty pleased with the outcome. The subwoofer is from British Audio (Vibe) and is also retailed as an OEM accessory by Mahindra.

It fits in snugly under the driver seat, even with the seat height adjusted to the lowest position. The Amp does need a bit of tuning to suit one's liking and eventually I liked the tuned setup. I will consider a speaker upgrade (thinking of component speakers by Polk or Vibe itself) after a few days of driving around with just the powered subwoofer setup. For now, I am loving a range of songs that I have auditioned. Its not too over the top, but has a nice and tight bass effect to it.
Did you get this done from the Mahindra folks or from outside? What did it cost you?
Old 23rd December 2021, 08:22   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roby_dk View Post
Hello,
Just wanted to know if anyone upgraded the stock head unit of Thar. I am looking for a better head unit which supports High Res music and fits in the stock location in Thar. After upgrading my complete audio setup in Thar I feel the source signals are of low quality hence not getting the expected output.

Will try to put up this question in Audio thread as well maybe some easy solution to this problem.
I think you should consider a DSP. This will go with stock head unit and also work with after market speakers.
Old 24th December 2021, 09:06   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kapany View Post
Did you get this done from the Mahindra folks or from outside? What did it cost you?
I bought it from outside. The powered subwoofer cost me 21k including fitting (m2mall retails it at 21k as well). The Polk component speakers (DB6502 +) that I installed 2 days later cost me 9.5k. Incidentally the dealer had quoted me 13.5k for the speaker and I happened to check on Amazon and it was going at a huge discounted price of 8k. On showing this to the dealer, he contacted the distributor and eventually agreed to the price of 9.5k. By this time the components were already fitted on the car.

After a week of listening, I am happy with the sound setup. Overall I ended up spending 30k.
vinay_ss is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th December 2021, 17:59   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kannan View Post
I think you should consider a DSP. This will go with stock head unit and also work with after market speakers.
I already had an in-built digital DSP in my amplifier(Mosconi Pico series 8/10 amplifier). I feel the source signal which arrive in my amplifier from the stock infotainment system are of poor quality.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...ml#post5208524 (Mahindra Thar : Official Review)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks