Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th April 2024, 14:29   #391

Re: The Android Head-Unit buying guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVMBLR View Post
Brazo HU is not good for Andriod/Apple Car play, it keeps disconnecting it wont work without Personal Hotspot enabled which consumes iphone battery/heating issues...
The Brazo unit in my daughter's car is an Android HU. It does no support Android Auto/Apple car play.
In my car I have installed Pricol Android Auto/Apple car play HU in Nov/Dec 2023. I spent around 11k for it. Works fine.
Old 19th April 2024, 00:18   #392

Hello, finally I just upgraded my car from old 2GB 32GB android stereo to new Canblo F8 Ultra 12.3-inch 2k from https://canblo.com/products/f8-ultra-12.3inch . Listed price was 36,990, but I got a discount of 3000. Navigation and apple car play in large 12.3-inch screen is superb. Actually, I was looking for diamond 2k 11.8 inch, but F8 ultra impressed me with its 12.3 2K wide display. The system is loaded with Excellent Display, good Audio, SIM card compatibility, wireless AA - CarPlay, outstanding camera clarity and excellent performance.
Attached Thumbnails
The Android Head-Unit buying guide-capture.jpg  

Autoxpert is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 4th June 2024, 23:42   #393
BHPian

Can anyoen confirm if headunit reloaded can be installed on any android device?

I want to buy a basic android head unit which is not marketed as an android auto one. Can I install Headunit Reloaded on it and use Android Auto?
Is there something similar for Apple CarPlay as well?
Old 15th June 2024, 07:54   #394
BHPian

I am looking for a head unit for my xuv 3x0 base variant booking. The nearest accessories shop recommended Onkyo. After some online research found it to be a big Japanese company and the parent company of Pioneer. Almost all the YouTube videos are in praises for Onkyo. But it doesn't have certified apple car play. What are the problems if apple car play is not certified?

But in general, how reliable would an android unit be? Would it slow down in a couple years like mobiles? Should I go ahead with an android or move to regular ones from sony / pioneer? What would I miss? I would need to install steering mounted controls, reverse camera (if possible with dynamic guidelines). Would regular ones have these?

Last edited by Benoit : 15th June 2024 at 07:57.
Old 22nd June 2024, 11:57   #395
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autoxpert View Post
Hello, finally I just upgraded my car from old 2GB 32GB android stereo to new Canblo F8 Ultra 12.3-inch 2k from https://canblo.com/products/f8-ultra-12.3inch . Listed price was 36,990, but I got a discount of 3000. Navigation and apple car play in large 12.3-inch screen is superb. Actually, I was looking for diamond 2k 11.8 inch, but F8 ultra impressed me with its 12.3 2K wide display. The system is loaded with Excellent Display, good Audio, SIM card compatibility, wireless AA - CarPlay, outstanding camera clarity and excellent performance.
Is this a new showroom? How long have they been around? Primarily concerned regarding after sales service. I was planning to get a hypersonic android unit installed from galaxy car accessories edapally. They have been around for a while. No major after sales issue with those guys.
Old 22nd June 2024, 14:53   #396
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by viXit View Post

I want to buy a basic android head unit which is not marketed as an android auto one. Can I install Headunit Reloaded on it and use Android Auto?
Is there something similar for Apple CarPlay as well?
yes, but the basic RAM requirements scream for as much RAM and as fast a processor you can get, so get the best you can, even if you have a limited budget
Old 25th June 2024, 11:40   #397
BHPian

Hey guys, I have a myTVS android HU in my car and I was wondering if there are any remotes available to operate it. I would prefer to have a standalone remote and not a steering mounted one.

The unit does have wireless android auto and car play but I need the remote to access basic functions like the radio / USB drive for someone sitting in the middle or back row seats.
Old 28th June 2024, 14:52   #398
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by viXit View Post
Yes you can. I am currently using it on my generic 8227L_demo HU. The wired connection for Android Auto works great, but since the HU charging power output is pretty low, the phone doesn't gets charged while in use, therefore causing battery drain.

The wireless Android Auto works well with its companion Wi-Fi Launcher app without any disconnection or hiccups. However the connection doesn't happen automatically. You have to manually launch the HU Reloaded on the Head Unit and wifi launcher on phone (i do it through the widget) everytime you connect.

Overall, it provides a complete android auto experience but without any automation.

P.S
Others feel free to add anything I might be missing out upon the auto connect part.
urbanzameendar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2024, 05:14   #399

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankmehta View Post
Hello guys. Been off the scene for a while.
Is there ANY android unit that offers Licensed Carplay and Android Auto without the mess that ZLink is?

Also, a good unit with at least 6 gb ram and good software support?

Edit: my current nexon ev unit works well but it's not compatible with the Bluetooth on my s24 ultra and now the telephony is unusable.
The Blaupunkt Ft. Lauderdale 900 is the only Android Multimedia Car Audio System with "Certified" Wireless CarPlay and Android Auto. Has a 4GB DDR/32 GB ROM version.

Some vendors claim that the Blaupunkt Santa Rosa 985 is also Certified, but it is actually not.

Have also heard great things about Onkyo xqd 1200 (4+64GB) version, but it's not certified but has seamless phone link.
Old 4th July 2024, 05:20   #400

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumitB View Post
Off late, Onkyo has entered the Android HU market. Does anyone here have any experience with their HUs? Strangely, I did not find any official website but this is what I could find using Google.

I have seen that the Onkyo X-QD1800 is their top of the line model and the specifications are truly impressive.
I see a more reasonable Onkyo X-QD1200 (4GB/64GB ROM Version)
Initial reviews are good. Just waiting for more reviews before taking the plunge.

https://carconceptsshop.com/products...45039413821595

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks