Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th September 2022, 11:36   #211
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The Android Head-Unit buying guide

Upgraded the HU in my Vento TSI to the Blaupunkt Key Largo 980. Upgrade was from a Philadelphia 835 which I had upgraded to on the day of install.

Detailed review has been posted in HU Upgrade in my Vento TSI
Rajeevraj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th September 2022, 02:01   #212
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blorebuddy View Post
Friends, I have New Ertiga 2019 Zxi which does not come with Touchscreen HU. The Head Unit sits outside projected (see the image (Maruti Ertiga : Official Review)). Looking to upgrade to a Touchscreen System primarily to install a rear camera and connect to the HU. For me other features are not mandatory (android, applecarplay etc). Simple bluetooth connection to play music and take calls is good. Please suggest what is the best model to go for. I am concerned about which one will fit perfectly for Ertiga existing HU slot.
Hi blorebuddy, did you finally install the infotainment system and reverse camera? I am also in exactly simlàr position I have Ertiga ZXI. What is the cost for material
Old 27th September 2022, 02:13   #213
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
Upgraded the HU in my Vento TSI to the Blaupunkt Key Largo 980. Upgrade was from a Philadelphia 835 which I had upgraded to on the day of install.

Detailed review has been posted in HU Upgrade in my Vento TSI
Hello Rajeevraj,
How much did it cost you? I checked at a local shop for my Ertiga and he quoted 27k including fitting and reverse camera.
What key features did you look for?
Old 6th October 2022, 19:22   #214
Senior - BHPian

I am planning to buy an Android head unit for my Honda City because H.City's infamous Digipad 1.0 is about to die.

I am getting a BBT-401 with 4GB/32GB with the specifications mentioned in the attached pic. Shop owner says that specification can be checked and confirmed with CPU-Z and Device Info HW apps.

It comes with fronts and rear cameras. (I already have a 70mai dashcam and a factory installed reverse camera which is not compatible with Android HUs).

Is it a good option? What else should I keep in mind?

The Android Head-Unit buying guide-bbt401.jpeg
Old 6th October 2022, 19:36   #215
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich_heart View Post
Hello Rajeevraj,
How much did it cost you? I checked at a local shop for my Ertiga and he quoted 27k including fitting and reverse camera.
What key features did you look for?
Missed to respond to this. I got it for around 28k, prices vary from 23-30k depending on dealer.

I was looking for a known brand, some CAN integration with the HU and then the usual Android HU stuff.
Rajeevraj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th October 2022, 06:13   #216
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
Missed to respond to this. I got it for around 28k, prices vary from 23-30k depending on dealer.

I was looking for a known brand, some CAN integration with the HU and then the usual Android HU stuff.
Please share your experience and review. I bought Sony Ax8100 plus Blaupunkt reverse camera for 37k and I am not completely satisfied from aspect of Value for money
Old 7th October 2022, 16:12   #217
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich_heart View Post
Please share your experience and review. I bought Sony Ax8100 plus Blaupunkt reverse camera for 37k and I am not completely satisfied from aspect of Value for money
Initial experience is documented here: HU Upgrade in my Vento TSI

After using it for 2 months now, generally satisfied with it. Does what it is supposed to do and performance is good so far. Like the fact that it goes into a sleep mode first, so if you typically take the car out everyday, the switch on is instantaneous. If the car is off for a few days, it goes into full shut down.

On the downside, Apps sometimes takes time to latch on to the Mobile Hotspot and I have to switch off and on wifi a couple of times. One time the bluetooth connection just dropped and would not connect at all. A forced reboot solved the problem.

So as of now fully satisfied, but need to see how it holds out over a longer duration.
Rajeevraj is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th October 2022, 22:49   #218
BHPian

Hi,

I am looking for suggestions to upgrade the Head unit in my car.
My requirements (in that order) -

1. Good Audio Clarity
2. Google Maps
3. Reverse Camera Display

Budget : Under 30K

Not interested in any other fancy features of the HU.

Problem : My car comes with SINGLE DIN OEM HU

Any suggestions?

Thanks
Old 11th October 2022, 11:24   #219
BHPian

Hello,

Looking for an aftermarket HU which supports Apple Carplay to replace the OEM HU of 2017 Honda City.

Requirements

1. Apple CarPlay
2. Good Sound Quality
3. Responsive Touch
4. Support of OEM camera (as per my knowledge it is possible to do with a CANBUS installed)

Would really appreciate suggestions from other BHPians
Old 16th October 2022, 09:24   #220
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Piyush_ View Post
Hello,

Looking for an aftermarket HU which supports Apple Carplay to replace the OEM HU of 2017 Honda City.

Requirements

1. Apple CarPlay
2. Good Sound Quality
3. Responsive Touch
4. Support of OEM camera (as per my knowledge it is possible to do with a CANBUS installed)

Would really appreciate suggestions from other BHPians
You could look at this
https://hiwoodman.com/android-stereo...-city-2014-20/

I have their system installed on my Skoda Yeti and works pretty well.
The only issue would be the availability of people to come and install but they do a pretty good job.
I had mine installed back in Apr 2022 and it's working just fine.
trailsndirt is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th October 2022, 13:24   #221
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by trailsndirt View Post
You could look at this
https://hiwoodman.com/android-stereo...-city-2014-20/

I have their system installed on my Skoda Yeti and works pretty well.
The only issue would be the availability of people to come and install but they do a pretty good job.
I had mine installed back in Apr 2022 and it's working just fine.
Sure, thank you
Old 18th October 2022, 23:06   #222
Senior - BHPian

Do these Android head units support NTFS file system?

If I can connect SSD (in an enclosure) to Android head unit through USB, will it read SSD?
Old 30th October 2022, 15:32   #223
Senior - BHPian

So, I bought this Blockbuster BBT-401 (4/32) Head Unit I mentioned few posts above.

It works good. Wireless Android auto is very convenient and it works 9 out of 10 times automatically if bluetooth of my mobile is ON. Else I need to just tap on Zlink app (pre-installed, pre-activated).

Now, I am looking for a solutions of a few things, some of them may be my unit specific and other may be with all Android Head units in general.

1. Google Maps, when it runs in Android Auto mode, is always in "night" mode" (black background) irrespective of time. Can it be white background during day time and black background during night?

2. No speedometer in google maps (Android Auto mode) unlike mobile phone.

3. Brightness remains same when I switch ON headlights. It should be reduced like most of the OEM and after market head units. I told this to installer. He checked everything and said all wiring is perfect.

4. It doesn't shut down. It goes only in sleep mode. I started the car even after 47 hours and head unit was ready instantly. There are youtube videos to make it shut down instantly/after 2 hours, etc. but nothing matches the menus of this particular unit.

Please help.

Also which music player app you guys use for local (pen drive) music? I need to browse the folders and play my music without any playlist.

For online music, spotify works flawlessly through Android Auto.
mukeshgoel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2022, 10:29   #224
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mukeshgoel View Post
4. It doesn't shut down. It goes only in sleep mode.
This particular issue has been solved. Thanks to @rahul_kej for his video call and sending a youtube video link.
mukeshgoel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2022, 10:57   #225
BHPian

My Android HU (brand name is Unplug) has following issues. Any pointers on how to fix these -

1) Mic volume is low with wireless Android Auto. The person on the other side has a hard time hearing to the person talking in the car
2) Bluetooth connection keeps dropping mid call
3) With Android Auto, the phone does not show the ongoing call UI and i cannot switch to Phone's Speaker or use the phone keypad to punch in numbers (way when on an IVR with the bank)
4) Lastly i too have the problem with the device not shutting down, please share how to get it to shut down when the car is switched off

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks