Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 15th April 2007, 19:01   #106
Senior - BHPian

Wow - beautiful! I have no clue to what the most of the tech stuff meant, but it surely looks like it sounds great (Maybe upload an mp3 someplace...) !! Congrats.
Old 15th April 2007, 19:03   #107
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenx View Post
but it surely looks like it sounds great (Maybe upload an mp3 someplace...)

You want to hear the telephone conversation?
Old 15th April 2007, 19:51   #108
Senior - BHPian

hehe, no, the output of the setup, since the tech goes over the head, mostly !
Old 15th April 2007, 20:44   #109
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I'm sure you're kidding.
Old 15th April 2007, 20:53   #110
BANNED

***!!!????

Quote:
Wow - beautiful! I have no clue to what the most of the tech stuff meant, but it surely looks like it sounds great (Maybe upload an mp3 someplace...) !! Congrats.
What is meant here??? Very much confused.

Quote:
Again a hundred confused smilies here too.
Old 15th April 2007, 21:54   #111
elf
BANNED

Gunny & hydra are on a 1-900 service? Shee man!
Old 15th April 2007, 23:11   #112
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by elf View Post
She man
She man or She male..................
Old 15th April 2007, 23:28   #113
Senior - BHPian

@ l_b_m, JK, general_neo, gamerno1, Sam, B&T, zenx: Thanks for all the nice words, folks!

@ l_b_m, no way I can afford another amp upgrade. I'd need to track down your bank and rob it for more green

@ Elf, you bad boy!

@JB, the sub-sonic filter was on. I'll turn it off and see how it goes.

@general_neo, this sub really goes with the kind of music I listen to, and the way I like my music to sound. I prefer my bass tight (and still a bit low -- yes, confusing, I know). This sub both plays tight & goes low really well. And it gives really good definition to bass notes -- for eg. the plucking of each string on the bass guitars stand out so well I can't describe the feeling I have when I listen to the music. And this sub can move between bass notes so fast, its uncanny. The transition between the bass notes is so quick and clean, without that very very short muddy/boomy period while changing over, it feels like I'm listening to new music. It definitely is not a high-excursion sub, and that is why it fits the bill for me, I guess. So it really is my dream sub (been wanting to get one for a long time -- but needed the green for it and for a really good amp). And its now for real, now that I've got it.

The speaker above the CD Changer doesn't bother it at all. Though the speaker is amped, it is used only in support mode so it doesn't cause much vibration anyway. My installer has also packed some folds of foam above the CD Changer to isolate vibrations from the speaker, and it really works -- the changer doesn't skip. The Changer doesn't skip even now, with that sub kicking everything hard.
Old 16th April 2007, 00:51   #114
BHPian

I appreciate you taking the trouble of replying.
U woke me up... I was so lost in SPL... Really forgot the term SQ...
When u defined the way u felt listening to the sub i knew what ur talking about.
Really happening bro!!

I was concerned about ur Changer in long run.
So far I believe the Changer wud have in-built memory to avoid skipping...
The mechanical stuff inside the changer doesnt like too much of vibrations...
Plastic gears!!!
Jst a friendly note... tats all bro..

I will working on my car soon for I had picked it up last week. I got started wit a simple DVD player upgrade. I do the work myself. So I will let u know once I am thru.

U got maximum points for selecting Audison.

Peace...
Old 16th April 2007, 02:17   #115
BHPian

Every time someone temps you, you say no, but looks like you just cant stop (hint! hint!). But it must have reached that stage where, for 10% increase in quality, you will have to spend 90% more. Anyways it is over my head to think of any suggestion on top what you have :-)

And now that FY is over and no one's watching, can you post or PM the component costs please? I just love the install. Very neat, very... passionate work. I love people who does things from the heart, and your installer definitely is passionate about what he does (look at the seating for the box). Dont they make people like that in this part of the world?

Last edited by determinus : 16th April 2007 at 02:23.
Old 16th April 2007, 08:01   #116
Senior - BHPian

@determinus, thanks

Well, most of the install (as it is now) was planned -- I wanted a complete system. Now only the HU remains (Maybe in 6 months or so -- it is always nice to have one good thing to look forward to on a 6 month to 1 year time period). After that, it is fini! If I'd been on TBHP earlier, I'd actually have saved a bit of money (on non-optimum equipment in earlier installs) and been at this level of install long back.

You folks may find hard to believe, but I'm actually quite a miser with most of my money, except what I spend on ICE and on gadgets -- which is about 60-70% of the salary I get to keep (and that too, I spend on really good stuff, which will keep). Not being married helps, heh heh. And all the stuff that really costs money in the car is stuff I can remove and install in a new car when I change cars. I won't be changing any of this equipment for a looooooong time.

I'll put up component costs soon, once the payment is final.

My installer (Zuheimi) really takes pride in his work, and he will not let any install his name is associated with go without a certain level of quality (install-wise, and sound-wise). That really helps us customers. In fact he's requested me not to let anybody audition the ICE till he finishes the tuning.

The seating for the box you see in the pic is actually the older box's. The new box is not as wide and deep as the old one (and is sitting vertical, as against the old one which was on its back). He'll be making another seating tomorrow when I take the car to him for the tuning. That seating makes the boot look sooooo clean and neat, and holds the box in place rock solid. And you know what, the seating is made of 3 carpeted blocks of MDF, that I can rearrange to make luggage space to the sides by moving the box to the left or to the right (by shifting the block on the LHS to the RHS and vice versa). That way the box still stays put.
Old 16th April 2007, 08:16   #117
Senior - BHPian

Nice upgrade hydra , and I think this forum is going to be active for a long...or a very long time.....
Old 16th April 2007, 10:48   #118
BANNED

Got to listen a bit of the UNDER CONSTRUCTION setup. Man, I was amazed how this sub was doing it's work. The bass notes were just different from anything I heard earlier.
My experience with ID was very short in the past and I think I'll have to spend more time in Hydra's car to get into the amazing world of smooth, clean, tight and defined bass.
Old 16th April 2007, 11:50   #119
BHPian

This is really an awesome setup.!! and the way the decor has been matched to the speakers makes it even better... !!

Where did you get the damping sheets from? The same dealer?? (I couldnt see the mention of damping sheets in your post where you mentioned the prices...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrashok View Post
@determinus, thanks
I won't be changing any of this equipment for a looooooong time...
I really doubt that!!!....
Old 16th April 2007, 12:40   #120
BHPian

hey,, congrats hydra,,
killer woffer's,,,
happy listning,,
regards,,
driven
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks