Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 29th January 2007, 12:17   #76
Senior - BHPian

Anoop - Sorry I don't know why I didn't post here earlier, but let me say Congrats on a great upgrade & a fabulous install!! The car looks fantastic & hopefully sounds even better

Take care of her & have fun listening to the music!
Old 29th January 2007, 12:54   #77
Senior - BHPian

Good work there Hydra. Looking very nice now. A big improvement over the earlier carpet finish. Really nice combination, giving it all a very sporty look.

Still, If I had to pick something out, It would be the crossover trim. Try tapering and rounding the edges, and finishing that in art. leather as well. Sorry for being overly critical.

Cheers
Old 29th January 2007, 15:40   #78
Senior - BHPian

Thank you, Satish, Ishan & Gunbir

Satish, I've mentioned the pricing here: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/363301-post12.html

Gunbir, not at all I do want feedback. The doors look much better in person, and the XO trims don't look that bad up-front.
Old 29th January 2007, 15:47   #79
BANNED

That's what I'll say too. This car should be one of the most beautiful and best sounding ICEd car in this side of the world.
Congrats Hydra! For getting the mission completed.
And a very wise decision to reject the new car offer. LoL
Old 29th January 2007, 15:47   #80
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrashok View Post
The installer did manage to get the door-panels done really well.
Hydra this job looks nice. It inspires me to do the same (albeit using a more OEM looking colour scheme).

Some time in April-May (when my son has his holidays) I plan to send my wife and son a holiday and do some ICE to my wife's car. While I am like Elf and prefer the original look I would like to know what this sort of work would cost and if it can be done to a Opel Sail or Honda City (If I can convince mom to holiday too then I can do this to both cars). I'll also find time to build me my EL34 amps while the car guys doing this.

Other than damping and other such stuff I have never decorated my car or even changed seats etc... I have never seen work that would rival the orignal in quality of seam, etc.. Elf, Sam, B&T since you live in Mumbai and know that I am a pain in the neck for detai (and a OEM look)l do you know anyone in mumbai that can do this sort of work to my expectations.
Old 29th January 2007, 18:49   #81
elf
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
... Elf, Sam, B&T since you live in Mumbai and know that I am a pain in the neck for detai (and a OEM look)l do you know anyone in mumbai that can do this sort of work to my expectations. ...
@navin: Methinks you should talk to the Bhavi guys - they've done tons of installs & are authorized (the last time I checked) Stanley dealers.

Unfortunately, installations are one-offs, so there's no standard way to gauge fitment... Remember, YOU need to be comfortable with whoever you're dealing with.

@hydrashok: Like bungir, if I had to pick one thing out, it would be the finishing on the lower, larger driver mounted on your door. Else, your seat fitment is a fabulous install.
Old 29th January 2007, 23:17   #82
Senior - BHPian

Thanks, Zak, Navin, Elf

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
... mission completed. And a very wise decision to reject the new car offer. LoL
Yep. Mission completed. I'm laying off doing any more stuff in my car for a while now. Ya, I'm really happy I didn't take up that new car offer :-) I couldn't be happy with any other car. Now, I've got my car (in terms of ICE and creature comforts) nearly exactly where I've always wanted it to be. I would have to start from scratch with a new car.

@ Navin, for seats, I think you should try Stanley itself. The stuff they stitch fits like a second skin. For the door panels, if you're going through good dealers of Stanley, they will send you door trim with extra material/length to account for any extra stuff in the door panels. My dealer (Emperor) was very helpful with this, and took extra interest as the current ICE work was also originally done there.

@ Elf, a little bit of extra padding would have solved that issue, but with the way these door panels are (and the amount of effort that went into finally fitting them to the car), I decided (the results of) paying attention to so much detail wasn't worth the additional effort. Those who know me well will say that this is the last thing they'd have expected me to say. But I know I have to draw a line somewhere.
Old 30th January 2007, 01:34   #83
elf
BANNED

@hydrashok: I know what you mean, buddy. I'm as finicky as you & even I give up sometimes.

Am glad to see you're finally at where you want to be at with your ride. Have fun & enjoy her... till the next one!
Old 30th January 2007, 01:55   #84
BANNED

Hydra!! Again, a wise decision to stop adding stuff at right time.
Now, just maintain your pricely possessions.

And I think it's better to keep this thread closed until the next mission.
Old 30th January 2007, 09:23   #85
Senior - BHPian

Holy Moly , Hydra thats some exquisite piece of work worth all the praised fellow BHPians have showered in ! Great looking , and I like the matching trim , Wish the car had been Black with thick Yellow Strips in the middle running over the body ...He..He...ME and my weird imagination ! Time to stop NFS MW I guess ....Anyway hats , shirt , pants and everything off to you my man ! So when is the party , I dont mind a second round in Pizzahut to commemorate this outstanding achievement !
Old 30th January 2007, 09:33   #86
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by elf View Post
Have fun & enjoy her... till the next one!
Yep Now I have to stay out of the way of temptation for a while.

@ Max, thanks! Pijja Hoot...what? What? I'm a little hard of hearing nowadays
Old 30th January 2007, 11:20   #87
BHPian

Quote:
And a very wise decision to reject the new car offer. LoL
Quote:
Yep. Mission completed. I'm laying off doing any more stuff in my car for a while now. Ya, I'm really happy I didn't take up that new car offer :-) I couldn't be happy with any other car. Now, I've got my car (in terms of ICE and creature comforts) nearly exactly where I've always wanted it to be. I would have to start from scratch with a new car.

err,do i smell something fishy here?or am i being paranoid?

hydra,me and my friend are coming to hear your car.i am sure anand's going to be impressed with your set-up.your project has inspired lots of people including me!!now i am putting off all my expenditures aside and saving on money for the same set-up in my car!!
Old 30th January 2007, 11:48   #88
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carfreak View Post
err,do i smell something fishy here?or am i being paranoid?
No, no, no, We didn't mean that offer. My Dad had offered me a new car last week. Any car I wanted. I decided to take a rain-cheque on it (for 3 years at least), and got him to sponsor this project instead, as interest in advance, heh heh

Quote:
Originally Posted by carfreak View Post
hydra,me and my friend are coming to hear your car.i am sure anand's going to be impressed with your set-up.your project has inspired lots of people including me!!now i am putting off all my expenditures aside and saving on money for the same set-up in my car!!
Thanks, carfreak. You folks are welcome. I love showing off my car I'm glad to know I'm indirectly getting people to save and invest in a good cause (Yes, I consider this a good cause). My ICE work of last month cost me 5 months of cancelled nights-out, evenings-out, some weekend drives, a few hundred passed-over DVDs, and one mobile phone upgrade. This interior job would have cost me more or less the same over the next 3 months or so (if not for my Dad -- I LOVE him for this).
Old 30th January 2007, 12:08   #89
BHPian

Quote:
Yep Now I have to stay out of the way of temptation for a while.
I wish I had your will power Hydra.....
Old 30th January 2007, 12:47   #90
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by elf View Post
@navin: Methinks you should talk to the Bhavi guys - they've done tons of installs & are authorized (the last time I checked) Stanley dealers.
Quote:
Yep. Mission completed.
@ Navin, for seats, I think you should try Stanley itself. The stuff they stitch fits like a second skin.
Thanks guys will visit Bhavi if Elf recommends them (unless it is another one of his jokes).

I'm told my Octy too has Stanley seats but that was OEM. I like the 2 tone look just not loud colours like Yellow or red. Maybe a Black/Grey combo or something like that I'll need some help with this becuase I am a bit colour blind (my wife says I am compltely colour blind but I dont listen to her much).
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks