Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 5th October 2007, 10:16   #316
BHPian

hey anup!!! that is a really wonderful and well thought out combination you have there.

must be sounding heavenly. yeah???

Hearty congrats once again.

And,... those features of jumping across the iPod's GBs is great indeed!!!

Wishing you lotsa fun with your new ICE; and,... remember to go to your bed for the night. Dont spend all your time in the car.

Last edited by gbpscars : 5th October 2007 at 10:18.
Old 6th October 2007, 12:54   #317
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrashok View Post
OT:
There's a new ICE Star rising in the horizon at Kochi. I listened to the car quite a bit yesterday and was blown away. I just wrote a lot about it here and deleted all that when I realized this is my thread (heh, heh). I'll post the (rave) review in its thread when the BHPian in question puts up a new thread (with pics, please) in a few days.
hmm... this car have another "drool maal" ICE!! Auditioned it y'day for long time and ripped the car through the streets! Sound proofing work done on the car is just outstanding! Overall this is a HOT looking car too!!!!

Dear BHPian in question,
I too request to post a detailed review with pics!!
Anyways.... thanks for those delicious pizzas!!!

cheers!

Last edited by nikkibike : 6th October 2007 at 13:01.
Old 6th October 2007, 12:58   #318
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkibike View Post
Dear BHPian in question,
I second that , Where is THEMAN ?
Old 6th October 2007, 19:11   #319
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkibike View Post
hmm... this car have another "drool maal" ICE!! Auditioned it y'day for long time and ripped the car through the streets! Sound proofing work done on the car is just outstanding! Overall this is a HOT looking car too!!!!

Dear BHPian in question,
Anyways.... thanks for those delicious pizzas!!!

cheers!
Sorry Hydra for hijacking this thread, between hows your upgrade going???

And the car and da man should be here in Tvm tomorrow. Sound proofing worth 20k should be a great work.
Old 6th October 2007, 19:13   #320
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
And the car and da man should be here in Tvm tomorrow. Sound proofing worth 20k should be a great work.
Someone request that man to post it
Old 16th October 2007, 09:03   #321
Senior - BHPian

A good color combination of speakers and seat covers!!! nice choice...
Old 13th April 2008, 13:24   #322
Senior - BHPian

Goodbye, my love! I'll miss you.

Hydra's Hatch II coming up in a week. Swift ZXi, White. ICEing her (with the same gear as before) in another 2 months.
Old 13th April 2008, 13:31   #323
Senior - BHPian

wow thats something i never saw coming congrats
Old 13th April 2008, 13:59   #324
BHPian

Congrats anup! Considering your Palio had dampening worth 20k, you'll need a serious budget to damp the 'zuki..

Any other upgrades planned while your ICE is being transplanted?
Old 13th April 2008, 14:04   #325
BHPian

Swift ZXi will rock your world (pun intended). Congratulations Anup. I never saw it coming! Bring on the gurus and make Hydra's budget go haywire
Old 13th April 2008, 14:26   #326
Senior - BHPian

Thanks guys

@Bottle, I didn't see it coming either. The change over wasn't really a planned one. Just happened all of a sudden in 3 days.

@rev_hard, I didn't spend that much on damping. After all, PIBLAT (the Palio is Built Like A Tank heh, heh). The installation charges and damping came to just under 12K if I remember right. No upgrades. Same stuff will be carried over.

@SumitB, I hope it won't rock too much. Some serious damping is planned soon anyway! Since I'll be using the same gear as before, damping will be the only major additional expense (that too later). Budget for now? I'm flat broke here!

I prefer not to keep a car beyond 5 years or 50K kms, whichever comes later. The Palio had done 46K kms in 5.5 years. Time to change. There are a couple of other reasons too (heh, heh).

The Swift wasn't exactly a stellar choice, but this is the only car that is small, a hatch and mod-friendly. I do less than 500-600kms a month so the diesel was out. Don't like the looks of the Getz or the Aveo too much (Personal opinion). The i10 is too tall for me, and has puny wheels (IMHO). The approach road to my house driveway will not let me buy anything wider or longer than a Palio. Even the Palio was a tight fit. With the Swift being wider, I hope to keep her scratchless. If the Petrol Fabia was 1.5 lakhs cheaper, I'd have preferred one.

If I spend a bit on damping, the Swift ICEs pretty well. The dash-to-windshield depth is good for a pair of FG pods for the mids and tweets in the A-pillar/Windshield/Dash corners. No more cutting of door-pads needed. (I hope the FG thing will actually work out in practice).

This time I'm spending first on Alloys and tyres. ICE is next. Blasphemy here, I know. Have already ordered 16" Lenso MW alloys and 205/50 R16 Yoko S-drives. Will fit them the same evening I get delivery. They have eaten my entire extra-fittings budget.

Except for the FG pods, I plan on a stealth install in the boot, with the amps under a false-floor, and just the sub showing. The sub will be removable as before. I'll probably need to spend about 12 to 15K on Damping, and then a bit on the FG pods, so I'm holding off on the install for at least 2 months. Don't want to do the ICEing before the 1st service either.

The ZXi's integrated HU is another headache. Go#$%mn thing is built right into the dash. Can't be swapped out with the center-section of a VXi. So I'll also need to wait for an aftermarket dash adapter from Scosche, or get Zuheimi to work some magic. That's another reason for the delay.

And well, with some changes coming up in life, I will have some live yak yak yak in the car for ICE. Music will need to wait for a bit.

Sooooo, for another 2 months (to 3 months) at least, I'll have to "enjoy" the stock HU and speakers :(

Seats will follow six months or so after the ICE. Will get proper leather from Stanley this time. Will most likely repeat the Cinnamon and black theme (or maybe Cinnamon & ash-grey).

Last edited by hydrashok : 13th April 2008 at 14:31.
Old 13th April 2008, 14:38   #327
Senior - BHPian

cant wait for the major alloys + tyres + seats + ice upgrade in my swift thread

looks like you have everythng charted out perfectly.. i call upon the tbhp experts to throw your budget out of whack
Old 13th April 2008, 14:39   #328
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Hydra's Hatch II coming up in a week. Swift ZXi, White. ICEing her (with the same gear as before) in another 2 months.
Congrats Hydra!!

Just a question, why Petrol?

EDIT: How about editing the title to state that the car is upgraded. It should now read. "Major ICE Upgrade in my Palio (EDIT: Car Upgraded)

Last edited by moralfibre : 13th April 2008 at 14:42.
Old 13th April 2008, 14:41   #329
Senior - BHPian

Sad to see the best ICE'd car in cochin go! Atleast i got the last demo!!

P.S: U'll have to throw out the steering wheel of the ZXI too!!
Old 13th April 2008, 14:41   #330
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
Just a question, why Petrol?
Quote:
I do less than 500-600kms a month so the diesel was out.

umm yeah, thats the reason.

edit: Have you checked whether 205/50/r16 will rub or not? Especially at front on full lock.

Last edited by rev_hard : 13th April 2008 at 14:44.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks