Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 24th September 2007, 13:24   #286
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrashok View Post
Now the music is very very open, airy & detailed. The sound-stage is high and up-front, and wiiiiiiiiiiide!
Same experience for me when I switched my Blau for the 9887...in fact, on several CDs, background details in the music that I missed out earlier are well-emphasised now. Like you, am enjoying the high, wide (and for some recordings, deep as well) soundstage!

Quote:
If I'm playing a CD, the music sounds as good at very high volumes as it does at medium volumes. I found myself listening at much higher volumes than I usually do.
Join the club

Quote:
Vocals come out much better. In some tracks where the vocals are in the foreground, it really does feel as though the singer is singing live, right into the car.
Agree...are you using time alignment to center the soundstage relative to the drivers seat?

Anyway, congrats on your new HU and keep enjoying the music!
Old 24th September 2007, 13:28   #287
Senior - BHPian

@ quicksilver, gbpscars & carfreak: thanks, guys!

I actually can't wait to finish work today so I can start another round of listening. Lots more CDs left to listen to *impatient*
Old 24th September 2007, 15:58   #288
BHPian

Congrat buddy,very good and sexy HU you've got there.
Old 24th September 2007, 16:57   #289
Senior - BHPian

@flying_bong & payam, thanks, guys

@flying_bong, yep, I am using TA. Playing with the fader after setting the TA actually lets me move the sound-stage by a coupla feet forward from the windshield and back if needed. Its funny (and good) feeling -- I've never been able to do this before. It really feels like you're using an invisible grille to push the singer and the instruments back toward the bonnet, in unison!

BTW, I didn't know you'd switched to the 9887 from a Blau too.
Old 24th September 2007, 18:40   #290
BHPian

Quote:
Playing with the fader after setting the TA actually lets me move the sound-stage by a coupla feet forward from the windshield and back if needed. Its funny (and good) feeling -- I've never been able to do this before. It really feels like you're using an invisible grille to push the singer and the instruments back toward the bonnet, in unison!
Cool

Quote:
BTW, I didn't know you'd switched to the 9887 from a Blau too.
Yep, OEM HU in my car was a Blau Bahamas MP46
Old 25th September 2007, 11:11   #291
Senior - BHPian

congrats hydra....you are making me shift to alpine now (damn i'd made up my mind for pio)
Old 25th September 2007, 12:53   #292
BHPian

Keep Rocking

Congrats to start with Anoop!!!!

Am with pankaj too,as i was thinking to upgrade my hu to Kenwood X 491 but now things are not the same!!! .This HU is in strong contention.
Anoop what sort of difference is in the midbass and the vocals after changing the HU and the sub co-ordination with over all sound!!
One thing more deatils on time alignement??what difference is it making to the soundstage!!
I read somewhere that this hu supports thumbdrive thru USB cable!
Anoop is it tru???

Cheers again,just went thru your thread all over again buddy your system has evolved with the passage of time!!
Next move............
Old 25th September 2007, 14:27   #293
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by panky12345 View Post
congrats hydra....you are making me shift to alpine now (damn i'd made up my mind for pio)
Thanks, Panky! Listen to one, and I'm sure you'll forget Pio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gill View Post
Congrats to start with Anoop!!!!

Am with pankaj too,as i was thinking to upgrade my hu to Kenwood X 491 but now things are not the same!!! .This HU is in strong contention.
Anoop what sort of difference is in the midbass and the vocals after changing the HU and the sub co-ordination with over all sound!!
One thing more deatils on time alignement??what difference is it making to the soundstage!!
I read somewhere that this hu supports thumbdrive thru USB cable!
Anoop is it tru???
Thanks, Gill!

I'd recommend this HU anyday, but as Gunbir had suggested earlier, if you are able to, do give a listen to the Kenwood 8xxx series & the 9xxx series. I think the 8x series does not have TA, but the 9xxx series does.

There is a huge improvement in both the midbass & the vocals. Between the two, I'd say the improvement in midbass is much more than the improvement in vocals.

The midbasses are beating the sxxt outta the dor panels now. At this rate I'll need to get some serious tightening work (for the door-pads) done very soon. The switch in the power-window switch assy. is also buzzing a lot now, with the midbasses working so well. Can't seem to be able to fix that :(

Now, as I mentioned in an earlier post, the midbasses are doing most of the work, with the sub only having to do support duty. Integration is quite good now, but I think it can be even better with a smaller volume box for the IDQ (as Zuheimi suggested). I have a 12" IDQ, and this could be the reason. In your case, I think you have a 10" ID V3, so the integration should be quite good. (I wish I could afford 2 x IDQ 10"s for best results).

The HU is USB "ready". Which in marketing-speak means you have to buy a separate cable to get the job done. It is also Bluetooth "ready". I do support Alpine's effort to keep the electronics to the minimum (not everybody wants all the bells and whistles), but maybe they can just say clearly that an additional cable/interface needs to be bought to add these features

Quote:
Cheers again,just went thru your thread all over again buddy your system has evolved with the passage of time!!
Next move............
I too went through the thread from the beginning (2 days back), and it was real fun, going through all those pics (and thoughts/apprehensions that went through my mind then) and posts.

I also went though this old post of mine ( http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/sound-...tml#post299513 post #36) about my Palio's pre-TBHP ICE history. That was fun too!

Last edited by hydrashok : 25th September 2007 at 14:32.
Old 25th September 2007, 15:20   #294
Senior - BHPian

Ashok Singh Hyderabadi - Show the pichhars pleez!
Old 25th September 2007, 15:46   #295
BHPian

Anoop, can one jump tracks in 9887, i mean to say,for example if it is a cd having 13 tracks,can one jump from 6 to 13 directly!!

Any idea's about the USB optional cable??

Kenwood 8xxx series & the 9xxx series---any specific models!!

Cheers!
Old 25th September 2007, 16:28   #296
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
Ashok Singh Hyderabadi - Show the pichhars pleez!
Pikchers are here, Ishaan Singh Daroowallah: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/sound-...graded-19.html (post #274)

Quote:
Anoop, can one jump tracks in 9887, i mean to say,for example if it is a cd having 13 tracks,can one jump from 6 to 13 directly!!

Any idea's about the USB optional cable??

Kenwood 8xxx series & the 9xxx series---any specific models!!

1) Nope. You have to go through the tracks one by one in the case of a CD. Next >> Next >>and so on. For MP3/WMA/AAC CDs, you can use a browse function to search/scroll through the CD's contents for a specific song or folder.

2) According to the manual, this is the "USB adapter for MP3" (KCA-620M): Alpine Electronics of America, Inc. - KCA-620M

3) Kenwood 9 series: Kenwood Corporation | Car Electroics | 1DIN Receivers | KDC-X9006U

Kenwood 8 series: Kenwood Corporation | Car Electroics | 1DIN Receivers | KDC-X8006U
Old 25th September 2007, 16:45   #297
Senior - BHPian

changing the sub box is also called an upgrade!
Old 28th September 2007, 14:43   #298
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
changing the sub box is also called an upgrade!
lol, lol, lol....

anoop, do you have the treble and bass controls? you need an imprint kit for that iirc. did you get it with the HU?

cheers
clip
Old 28th September 2007, 14:48   #299
BHPian

I believe the Imprint software costs $250.
Old 28th September 2007, 16:02   #300
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by clipto333 View Post
lol, lol, lol....

..., do you have the treble and bass controls? you need an imprint kit for that iirc. did you get it with the HU?
No, did not buy the IMPRINT unit, There are no treble or bass controls till the HU is tuned with the IMPRINT kit (and MultiEQ) is activated. Not a problem for me -- I leave the bass and treble at flat anyway. When the IMPRINT kit is used, all settings -- eq, xo etc get locked and bass and treble controls get activated.

Box upgrade happening tomorrow evening.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks