Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 29th August 2007, 22:11   #211
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
Congrats Ashok! That will be a great addition to your current setup.
Alpine + Audison + Hertz + Image Dynamics!!! Wooooowwwwweeeeeeee!!!! You are definitely an ICE god in this part of the world.
Ice Gods must be crazy Part I

Quote:
Wait till the OTHER Alpine + Audison + Hertz + ID setup coming up.
Ice Gods must be crazy part II
Old 29th August 2007, 22:40   #212
Distinguished - BHPian

Well done Ashok. I wasn't too fond of your Blau HU anyways, this will sound much better.
Plus you desperately needed some delay in the front, this will improve the sound tremendously.
Old 29th August 2007, 22:47   #213
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrashok View Post
MRP is 23000/- with B&W.
Congratulations! Is Alpine's Indian distributor selling at this price? Unbelievable!
Old 29th August 2007, 23:50   #214
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
Well done Ashok. I wasn't too fond of your Blau HU anyways, this will sound much better.
Plus you desperately needed some delay in the front, this will improve the sound tremendously.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nura View Post
Congratulations! Is Alpine's Indian distributor selling at this price? Unbelievable!
Thanks, guys

@Nura, yep, that's the official price with B&W. I did expect something like 24K-25K before I got them to check the official price for me. The price on Crutchfield is $399, so 23k here is still steep :( The dealer still hasn't received any units in the 98xx series yet, and the first ones will come in only over the next 2 weeks. The official price-list just came in, apparently.
Old 30th August 2007, 23:45   #215
BHPian

@Hydrashok - Guess you are right about it not being cheap if you look at the Crutchfield price. However, when Alpine USA's MRP for the 9856 was 250 USD, the Indian dealer's price was 19.5K INR. Alpine USA's MRP for the 9887 is 450 USD. Thank heavens the Indian dealer's price is not 35K INR!
Old 31st August 2007, 01:12   #216
Senior - BHPian

I don't know how I missed this earlier.

Anup from Cochin (Kochi) , Congrats in advance. 9887 is indeed a great choice and it would finally eliminate the weakest point of your ICE, the HU.

Please post the pictures of the setup once it is done. Oh, you'd take off the CD changer and get the other amplifier to the same height, so quite a task ahead for you!
Old 31st August 2007, 07:13   #217
BANNED

Keeping the innovative thinking of his installer in mind, I am looking for a surprise job on that Cd changer.
Anup from Cochin? Who's that? And What's he doing in this thread?
Old 31st August 2007, 12:11   #218
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Anup from Cochin? Who's that? And What's he doing in this thread?
Well, he's the shy guy around here. He got engaged. He bought something at the grocery store. He used it and later realised something written on the product "If you're not completely satisfied with this product, happy father's day". He is too shy to reveal his true identity/relationship status since then.

Just kidding, Ashok!
Old 31st August 2007, 15:03   #219
JPL
BHPian

Congrats Anu-p, lol, please forgive me for this. Anyways dude what about Eclipse. I know that you must have checked out the cd7100 with the 8v preout and other specs, what about it IYHO?

And also the 9887 with B&w at 23k guess is pretty good IMHO, lol.

On a
Old 1st September 2007, 10:30   #220
Senior - BHPian

Thanks, Raghu! Will definitely post pics. As Zak said, lets see what my installer has in mind for the CD Changer slot. Most likely the amp will get shifted up, but if he has any ideas, I'll be all ears

Zakko, you started this here! Wait'll I get my hands on you

Thanks, JPL. I actually did not consider Eclipse. Availablilty & service were aspects that didn't let me give a very favourable rating to Eclipse. The new HU is going to be a keeper, so service will be pretty important to me. And of course, the CD7100 is $650 or so, outside India.
I'm pretty sure the 9887 will sound really good, going by the good reviews in international forums. You have to draw a line somewhere, right? <smiley>
Old 1st September 2007, 10:43   #221
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPL View Post
Congrats Anu-p, lol, please forgive me for this. Anyways dude what about Eclipse. I know that you must have checked out the cd7100 with the 8v preout and other specs, what about it IYHO? And also the 9887 with B&w at 23k guess is pretty good IMHO, lol.
What is the price in India with B&W of the 7100?
Old 1st September 2007, 12:04   #222
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
Just found out from the Delhi dealer, according to him Eclipse is being imported & distributed by Preeti Trading in India. Maybe, you can find out more details from them Navin?
Old 1st September 2007, 13:00   #223
JPL
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
No idea yet Naveen, as hydra quoted in US sells for $650.

I will check with a dealer here in bangalore who sells the same brand, wonder if he has the latest lineup. Will check asap and post the price and the models avialable.
Old 2nd September 2007, 10:25   #224
Senior - BHPian

cd7100 without B&W in US costs $ 475 (never knew this range existed)
Old 10th September 2007, 18:43   #225
JPL
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPL View Post
No idea yet Naveen, as hydra quoted in US sells for $650.

I will check with a dealer here in bangalore who sells the same brand, wonder if he has the latest lineup. Will check asap and post the price and the models avialable.
NavinJi i checked with the dealer who used to sell eclipse in bangalore ( as far as i know) he has stopped selling it now and also he does not have any idea in the prices of the latest pricing.

He did inform me that they will start selling it again soon and that I should give him a call after two days..

And also he says that nobody else is a authorized seller in the whole of blr for eclipse..( whatta crap)

Gunnu Paaji , Autophile, Gunman JB as you guys have used this hu's(Gunir), please throw some light on this eclipse of eclipse.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks