Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 2nd May 2007, 14:37   #166
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrashok View Post
Not likely Why don't you try Delhi? I don't know how long the drive will be, but I guess that would be the nearest place with good installers.
My osteoporotic bones will probably crumble to dust long before I reach Delhi. Maybe I can sweetly request someone from Delhi to visit Kolkata.
Old 2nd May 2007, 14:51   #167
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by razor4077 View Post
Try Glix or Wheels. I think they do a decent job with ICE installations. I am planning to get my setup done at Glix (most probably).
And of course, do let us know your feedback.

OT: There is a Kolkata team-bhp google group that was created for T-Bhpians from Kol to interact... why don't you join us? PM me or planet_rocker, and we can help you out.
Have met Vinay at Glix a couple of times but not spoken to him about MDF fabrication yet. Will do that soon. What have you planned to install in your car?
Great to know about the Kolkata TBHP group & have pmed you for your help. Thanks.
Old 2nd May 2007, 16:26   #168
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
by the way,test songs/tracks....if you search right you could find the same here at TBHP.
Or, another good samaritan option is you, Zak or Hydra compile them into a torrent and allow everyone to download!! It has to be loss-less format though :-)

The right way to test your sound stage is to listen to tracks that you are familiar with. Those pink noises can help to figure out just the sensitivity, me feels.
Old 2nd May 2007, 16:35   #169
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by determinus View Post
The right way to test your sound stage is to listen to tracks that you are familiar with. Those pink noises can help to figure out just the sensitivity, me feels.
Exactly! I agree completely. This is what I do too. I never feel at peace till I check my system with these tracks after each little change.

There are a few tracks that I play incessantly -- I never get tired of them. These tracks are a great way of knowing what's different, what's good, and what's bad. In fact, once you get used to using these tracks, you even use specific parts of each track to test for specific sounds and responses.
Old 2nd May 2007, 18:22   #170
BANNED

There're a lot of Audio samplers available online. Test cds are available for download too.
I also have my own personal favorite tracks which I like to hear when I audition different installs.
Some of my favorites are in MP3 format too. But lossless is necessary for a proper audition. SACD, XRCD etc.. Are great in detailing and only very good equipment can bring out the goodness it these.
Old 3rd May 2007, 00:36   #171
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nura View Post
Have met Vinay at Glix a couple of times but not spoken to him about MDF fabrication yet. Will do that soon. What have you planned to install in your car?
Great to know about the Kolkata TBHP group & have pmed you for your help. Thanks.
Yep, he does MDF fabrication now. Spoke to him today. Will let u in on my system as soon as i finalize it. have mentioned the composition earlier in this thread.
and yea, welcome to the group
Old 3rd May 2007, 13:11   #172
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
But lossless is necessary for a proper audition. SACD, XRCD etc.. Are great in detailing and only very good equipment can bring out the goodness it these.
BTW, are there any SACD head units in car audio? Off the shelf ones?
Old 3rd May 2007, 13:30   #173
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by determinus View Post
BTW, are there any SACD head units in car audio? Off the shelf ones?

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/427098-post113.html
Old 28th July 2007, 11:09   #174
BHPian

Quote:
Pics of the door panel being made by Zuheimi:

@Hydrashok - Would you remember the brand of MDF you used here? Also, was it phenol- or urea-bonded?
Can I also request you to pm me Zuheimi's email address & telephone numbers, if he has no objections?
Thanks in advance & sorry everyone for excavating a somewhat old but really wonderful thread.

Last edited by nura : 28th July 2007 at 11:15.
Old 22nd August 2007, 01:37   #175
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autophile View Post
Just seal the door completely so that Midbass uses door as sealed enclosure, In which case automatically your midrange will get isolated. This can be done using thin cardboard (to cover big holes in the door) and damping material.
Quote:
Gotcha! Is this what you mean:
Seal all the openings in the door with damping material except the opening for the mid-bass. That way, because the midrange is outside the sealed door, and because the rear-wave of the mid-bass goes into the sealed portion of the door, the mid-bass won't be affected.
can you guys explain this? sk456 has the same set of compos and since we cant audition both , which is placed in the best location and why
Old 22nd August 2007, 07:59   #176
Senior - BHPian

The midrange needs to installed so it is isolated from the back-wave of the midbass. When the midbass hits heavy bass notes, the back-wave will affect the midrange's cone, if both are in the same enclosure.

When the door is sealed-off with a damping sheet and only the midbass is firing into this sealed-off enclosure, the back-wave of the midbass stays within the sealed enclosure. The midrange is installed so it is outside this enclosure (since it is installed on a slightly raised spacer). This way, both drivers are happy.

I personally think the Santro has a somewhat better install postiion for the midrange, as it is firing straight into the cabin this way. And no additional cutting is needed on the door. The tweeter can be placed on the dash or just next to the ORVM adjusters on the door, stil keeping the midrange and tweeter close together. The only slight disadvantage is that the back of the midrange's install positon is open and not enclosed. I don't think this will cause thaaaaat much degradation in overall SQ.
Old 22nd August 2007, 14:19   #177
Senior - BHPian

Having heard both the setups, I am a bit partial to the Santro install...
Old 22nd August 2007, 14:36   #178
BANNED

With the Pioneer amp? Why? What is the reason do you think which makes it better?
We would love to hear that. Ain't it, Anushok?
Old 22nd August 2007, 14:54   #179
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The midrange needs to installed so it is isolated from the back-wave of the midbass. When the midbass hits heavy bass notes, the back-wave will affect the midrange's cone, if both are in the same enclosure.

I personally think the Santro has a somewhat better install postiion for the midrange, as it is firing straight into the cabin this way. And no additional cutting is needed on the door. The tweeter can be placed on the dash or just next to the ORVM adjusters on the door, stil keeping the midrange and tweeter close together. The only slight disadvantage is that the back of the midrange's install positon is open and not enclosed. I don't think this will cause thaaaaat much degradation in overall SQ.
can anyone comment on this ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunbir View Post
Having heard both the setups, I am a bit partial to the Santro install...
guns, enlighten pls

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
With the Pioneer amp? Why? What is the reason do you think which makes it better?
We would love to hear that. Ain't it, Anushok?
Anu? whos that?
Old 22nd August 2007, 15:07   #180
Senior - BHPian

JK

I have heard both setups... Granted, I have heard the Santro setup for far longer periods than I did the Palio setup. But the midrange in the Santro was more... in your face and open sounding than in the Palio. That of course was due to the midrange being on axis in the Santro.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks