Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th October 2018, 14:33   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV500: Finally the beast gets ICE'd

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_3306 View Post
I thought New Plush XUV 500 Model comes with the Arkamys Sound as they advertised. I have W11(0). Are they offering Nippon in lower models ?

Can anybody tell if these would be good to be used with amp without replacing/upgrading them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
Mine too is W11AT. Arkamys is a software not speakers. Nippon speakers are used in all xuv models be it 7/9/11.
As for other question, NO adding amp and running Nippon is just waste of money.
Yea Arkamys is more of audio processing. I dont get why Mahindra cannot get better speakers for this price point. THe speaker quality is worse than what came in my Figo 7yrs back.

Amit you will need to change speakers to get the benefit.
Old 28th October 2018, 08:33   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_3306 View Post
I thought New Plush XUV 500 Model comes with the Arkamys Sound as they advertised. I have W11(0). Are they offering Nippon in lower models ?

Can anybody tell if these would be good to be used with amp without replacing/upgrading them.
Hi Amit and all following this thread, I suggest reading this thread https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-e...ml#post4475772
Old 12th March 2019, 14:02   #33

XUV 500 2019 OEM HU - mp3 encoding and effects

Hi,

To start with, this is not a ICE upgrade question.

After getting super frustrated with the audio quality of OEM ICE setup in XUV 500 2019, I accidentally found that couple of mp3s that I had, played better (read - not great) compared to others. The bass effect at low volume (my preference) was much clear.

After digging around, I found that those files were having a frequency of 48KHz compared to 44KHz with rest of the files.

I re-encoded all the files at 256KBps bit rate and 48KHz frequency, with a hope of getting better output quality but that did not happen.

Out of frustration, I even got the dealer to let me get a feel for new speaker set (Hertz 170W component speakers) that was being proposed as an upgrade, before purchase. I got the speakers setup with just one screw and checked the output quality and found that the quality was improved only slightly. Needless to say, I did not purchase those. The electrician doing this work suggested that I needed to setup an amp

The system (with default speakers and new test speakers from Hertz) played considerably well at high volumes - but not as well as the OEM system, did at low volumes, in Maruti S Cross or even Baleno - both of which I have owned previously.

I do not consider myself a music enthusiast but I do like to listen to beats at low volume and feel the bass rumble at low volumes.

Any ideas as to how I can extract better performance from existing ICE system, without upgrade?

Thanks & Regards,
Old 12th March 2019, 14:35   #34
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: XUV 500 2019 OEM HU - mp3 encoding and effects

Quote:
Originally Posted by moserbaer View Post
Hi,

To start with, this is not a ICE upgrade question.

---SNIP--------

Any ideas as to how I can extract better performance from existing ICE system, without upgrade?

Thanks & Regards,
This thread may help you

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-e...t-version.html (Upgrading your OEM Car Audio using DSPs (budget version))
sagarpadaki is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 12th March 2019, 21:59   #35
BHPian

I own the Plush New XUV500 2018, I must say the sound quality is pathetic. While I was exploring the options without having to touch the OEM HU, following is what I've shortlisted:
1. Dampner on all the doors.
2. Pioneer GM-A6704 Bridgeable 4 Channel Amplifier from Amazon or Blaupunkt EMA 455 600-Watt 4-Channel Amplifier
3. Good Speakers from Hertz (Had great experience on previous car)
4. Shallow Sub-Woofer from Pioneer.

I'll buy all the components separately and get them fitted at the A.S.S to avoid any warranty related issues.

Last edited by 2500cc : 12th March 2019 at 22:02.
Old 12th March 2019, 23:33   #36
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I do not consider myself a music enthusiast but I do like to listen to beats at low volume and feel the bass rumble at low volumes. Any ideas as to how I can extract better performance from existing ICE system, without upgrade?
Ripping at a higher sample rate of 48 kHz is not going to make your music sound better unless your source is excellent to begin with (MQA, DSD etc) and the amp and speakers are high end, not something we expect in a car audio system.

If you need warmth and punch at lower volumes consider fitting a powered (active) sub woofer or if budget permits an amp and passive woofer.
R2D2 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th March 2019, 10:23   #37

I do not want to compromise on the already dismal luggage space available in the XUV. So will active woofer fit in the same slot in the door? Would it need additional wiring? Any suggestions for active woofers?

On a side note, from what I gather out of reading the other suggested post, can it be said that Maruti Suzuki does not equalize the frequency extremes? Is that the reason for better audio quality in Baleno/S cross (compared to XUV of course)?

Thanks for the response though.
Old 18th March 2019, 01:21   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2500cc View Post
I own the Plush New XUV500 2018, I must say the sound quality is pathetic. While I was exploring the options without having to touch the OEM HU, following is what I've shortlisted:
1. Dampner on all the doors.
2. Pioneer GM-A6704 Bridgeable 4 Channel Amplifier from Amazon or Blaupunkt EMA 455 600-Watt 4-Channel Amplifier
3. Good Speakers from Hertz (Had great experience on previous car)
4. Shallow Sub-Woofer from Pioneer.

I'll buy all the components separately and get them fitted at the A.S.S to avoid any warranty related issues.
Sounds like a plan. Do share pics and result of the setup. The shallow sub will be placed at the back? Changing all 4 door speakers?

Quote:
I do not want to compromise on the already dismal luggage space available in the XUV. So will active woofer fit in the same slot in the door? Would it need additional wiring? Any suggestions for active woofers?

On a side note, from what I gather out of reading the other suggested post, can it be said that Maruti Suzuki does not equalize the frequency extremes? Is that the reason for better audio quality in Baleno/S cross (compared to XUV of course)?

Thanks for the response though.
Just changing speakers wont help as the OEM HU wont be able to drive them well enough. At higher volumes as expected the new speakers will handle power better. Getting an amp is the only way to get balanced sound at lower volumes in my view. Any specific reason you dont want to go the amp route? You can try getting an underseat sub and not touch HU and door speakers. THis will get you more base surely without much improvement in mid bass and clarity. Try that out if it suits your need great, else just got the whole 9 yards. You can read about my under seat sub experience earlier in the thread.
supertinu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th March 2019, 15:13   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by supertinu View Post
Sounds like a plan. Do share pics and result of the setup. The shallow sub will be placed at the back? Changing all 4 door speakers?
=======
You can read about my under seat sub experience earlier in the thread.
Warranty issues and quality of work, are the reasons I do not want to go the amp way. I have gone through the mentioned thread and I will find sources in Pune who can do this job.

Based on your experience with lack of bass, any recommendations on under seat sub from your side?

Others: I know a couple of generic places but if there is an car accessories outlet specializing in Mahindra vehicles in Pune, please let me know.

Thanks,

Last edited by Jaggu : 29th March 2019 at 15:20. Reason: Trimming entire large quote. Thanks
Old 10th November 2023, 22:53   #40

I own an XUV 500 W6 2015 and I had upgraded to an old 300w pioneer amp and new rockford components however the component tweeters suddenly stopped working after the warranty lapsed and now i am left with only woofers.

The options I have right is upgrading to pioneer tweeters as they are one of the best in the industry and i also need to add some low vibrating bass which cannot be bought from the component woofers.

I enquired and found a Sony Amp N1004 for around 7k and pioneer tweeters one pair for 3.8k and for low end I am thinking for an underseat or shallow active but I have literally no knowledge about these shallow woofers.
Please suggest me and guide me a way of these shallow woofers. I can spend a total of 20k if i push my budget.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks