Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th May 2017, 11:03   #31

Re: Mahindra XUV500 gets Android Auto, Connected Apps

I bought in Sep, 2015 guess it also depends on dealer stock etc...

Anyway to be sure if it has Wifi SilverBox. ?
Old 5th May 2017, 16:11   #32
BHPian

So I got my New Gen W6 AT from Sept 2016 upgraded with the Android Auto update for the HU. They estimated 2 hours, but it was done in 1 hr itself. I was charged Rs 999+ taxes. Totally worth it. For me, the single most important thing was to be able to get Google Maps on the HU. Took a little bit of fiddling to setup things right. Also, the connection between phone and HU seems to be sensitive to cable quality, so it is recommended to use a high quality cable.
Overall, I am very pleased with M&M for making this update and offering it to existing customers as well.
mustang_shelby is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th May 2017, 10:59   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustang_shelby View Post
So I got my New Gen W6 AT from Sept 2016 upgraded with the Android Auto update for the HU.
How has your experience been after using it for a few days?

Does the wifi hotspot function work for you now? Or does it need a silverbox upgrade?
Old 10th May 2017, 19:09   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnrajdeep View Post
How has your experience been after using it for a few days?

Does the wifi hotspot function work for you now? Or does it need a silverbox upgrade?
I didn't have much opportunity to use Android Auto in the few days since the upgrade, but my limited tests so far do indicate that it is smooth, well integrated and responsive. Voice recognition by Google works well as expected.

About the wi-fi apps, it needs a silverbox update as mentioned in @abirnale's post quoted below. Just for kicks, I did create a wi-fi hotspot in my car from my phone, but the wi-fi icon on the HU did not get enabled.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abirnale View Post

Except the wifi apps which needs silverbox update everything is coming to all older new gens. W4/W6 will have limited feature sets. None of the AT models will have EcoSense as there is no question of clutch and gear shift tracking.
mustang_shelby is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th May 2017, 21:14   #35
BHPian

Just got my March 2016 W10 AWD AT upgraded to Android Auto.

I have a drive to Madurai tomorrow.

Just wondering how to start a new route from the Maps screen in Android Auto.
Old 11th May 2017, 11:27   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pillainp View Post
Just got my March 2016 W10 AWD AT upgraded to Android Auto.

I have a drive to Madurai tomorrow.

Just wondering how to start a new route from the Maps screen in Android Auto.
Say "OK Google" and then say 'Take me to Madurai".

Alternatively, use the search box on the top and type-in the destination.
Old 12th May 2017, 12:11   #37

I got android auto upgraded on my W10 last Tuesday, it's been going good for last couple of days, Enjoying "OK Google", Music, calls & messaging.

Only thing missing is "Connected Apps" i believe it's due to "Wifi Silverbox" upgrade expecting it to be completed in next upgrade.

More to come as i familiar of this upgrade but for sure it's a good move by Mahindra and happy they are supporting existing customers, the upgrade was done at a cost of Rs.1000/- in Hyderabad.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV500 gets Android Auto, Connected Apps-img_20170512_115302-1.jpg  

kamalnv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th May 2017, 10:14   #38
BHPian

Got my March 2016 W10 Fwd updated. The software version is 9.0
Working good so far. I have an OP3.. though I did notice the connection keeps dropping intermittently. Then I have remove the cable and re attach. Otherwise all good.
Old 15th May 2017, 13:09   #39
BHPian

Meanwhile Mahindra has also released an updated Blue Sense App for XUV 5OO (called New Blue Sense App), that includes Ecosense and Emergency call features. The new one is incompatible with the old app, so the old one needs to be uninstalled first.

Mahindra XUV500 gets Android Auto, Connected Apps-screenshot_20170513181701.png
Old 28th May 2017, 19:10   #40

I upgraded the software to support android auto in my 2016 XUV W10 AT at RR automobiles, Gurgaon for Rs. 999+ taxes but the experience so far has been very mixed. It keeps disconnecting every 10 seconds and you need to take out the USB cable and re-insert it. I have a One plus 3T and I understand that there are issues with the same. Hope they will release a new version of Oxygen OS to support the same. For AT users, there is no Eco Sense. The SilverBox that enables wifi hotspot and connected app is available for a whopping Rs. 50K. Too expensive for me.

If the stock android auto works, it will be great to have google maps getting displayed on the ICE.
Old 28th May 2017, 21:37   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsathya View Post
It keeps disconnecting every 10 seconds and you need to take out the USB cable and re-insert it. I have a One plus 3T and I understand that there are issues with the same. Hope they will release a new version of Oxygen OS to support the same.
Yes it keeps disconnecting every few seconds. I have an op3 and have similar experience. However the following seems to work:
- ensure you are using a top quality cable
- ensure you are not on the beta version of google play services (goto settings - google - three dots menu - help & feedback - view in play store)
- as soon as you connect, if you start playing music through the android auto music tab immediately, before it disconnectes for the first time, then there is no disconnection thereafter. I believe same should be true if you fire up maps.
- try a custom ROM :-)

In the one plus foruns, there seem to be users who have been proivded a testing patch which seems to improve the connection between OnePlus 3 and android auto. So we can wait I suppose.

Good luck.
piyush1.a is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th May 2017, 16:26   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by piyush1.a View Post
Yes it keeps disconnecting every few seconds. I have an op3 and have similar experience. However the following seems to work:
- ensure you are using a top quality cable

Good luck.
Thanks a lot.. I'll try out these quick fixes to see if it improves..
Old 30th May 2017, 13:11   #43
BHPian

I did get my W10 updated with A-Auto last weekend. Thoroughly impressed with the features and a big thumbs-up for M&M to bring this to existing customers. One annoying "feature" for me is the popping up of the climate control notification which overlay any other screen including live navigation screen. It is pretty distracting and in my view absolutely not needed. We trust the automatic climate control to work as designed and no need for it to pop-up everytime the fan speed changes or the mode of AC changes. Hopefully M&M will take this feedback and remove this pop-up in the next version of software update to ICE.
Indian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2017, 12:30   #44
BHPian

Ok. For those who own a One Plus 3 or 3T and find it difficult to have a stable connection to Android auto, try this, in addition to the few things I posted a couple of posts ago.
Like I said previously, the connection stability improves a lot if you start playing music or navigation through Android auto, as soon as you plug in the phone.

Secondly, you may have noticed that you need to manually fire up Android auto from the home screen of the in-car infotainment system. This is pretty annoying.

The following steps take care of these two issues and you will be able to launch Android auto without touching a button upon plugging in:

1. On your phone, without plugging in, open up the Android app and (if there are any), skip through the initial screens into the car-less mode which lets you use the app with out a head unit.
2. Go to the menu - about screen.
3. Touch the banner on the top where it says "About Android Auto", about 8 to 10 times. You will see a warning banner stating that you are 'x' steps away from enabling developer options. Keep going, until you enable the developed options.
4. Without leaving the screen, click the three dots menu and you will see a developer option.
5. Go into that, and scroll down. Enable the option that says "Request video focus on start".
6. That's it, just go back and fully exit the app from the menu.

Now, plugin the phone and you will notice that Android auto starts automatically on the car screen.
The connection should be quite stable now, provided you have a good cable.

Hope this helps!

PS: posting a few screenshots as well.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV500 gets Android Auto, Connected Apps-1496732321299.jpg  

Mahindra XUV500 gets Android Auto, Connected Apps-1496732337934.jpg  

piyush1.a is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th June 2017, 22:51   #45
BHPian

I have w10 auto, I have been waiting for Android Auto and Apple carplay. Mainly for maps . I am iPhone user stop wondering if Android Auto would be of any user. I could not find answer on net. I could not try on any other car as most of them have both. Any idea?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks