Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd February 2017, 11:32   #1
Senior - BHPian

Gaana music streaming app now available on Android Auto

Gaana, an online music streaming service provider, has launched a new app for the Android Auto platform. The company claims that their new Android Auto app will allow users to access all songs in the Gaana library, in a safer and distraction-free manner.

In-car entertainment systems that support Android Auto can now be loaded with the Gaana app. Users can then either access their pre-fabricated playlists or search for new songs from the Gaana music library on the go.

The Android Auto app will support paid as well as free users of the Gaana service. The interface is claimed to be simple to use, with larger fonts and a clear layout. It also supports voice commands in order to eliminate the need of removing your eyes off the road.

Source: ET

Gaana music streaming app now available on Android Auto-1.jpg
Link to Team-BHP News
dZired is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2017, 15:01   #2
BHPian

Re: Gaana music streaming app now available on Android Auto

I use airtel's wynk music app (primarily because I am an airtel customer which allows me to download/stream without paying subcription or listening to ads). I tried to use the android auto app in the car only to realise wynk and the other apps are not compatible with android auto. I recently e-mailed airtel asking them to add compatibility but only got a automated response.
scuderiamania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2017, 17:51   #3
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Great news - shows the pro-activeness of Gaana. Gaana.com is to Hindi music what Spotify / iTunes are to English music. Every car out there is soon going to have Android Auto & Apple CarPlay, in much the same way that Bluetooth is a standard feature today.
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th February 2017, 21:48   #4
BHPian

Thanks for nice words, GTO. I head Product work @Gaana and would love to hear team-bhp community's experience with the app.

Though I post rarely, I read team-bhp at least 5-6 times/week.

Cheers

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Great news - shows the pro-activeness of Gaana. Gaana.com is to Hindi music what Spotify / iTunes are to English music. Every car out there is soon going to have Android Auto & Apple CarPlay, in much the same way that Bluetooth is a standard feature today.

Last edited by 5kmiles : 26th February 2017 at 21:52.
5kmiles is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th March 2017, 22:52   #5
BHPian

Recently we ran Gaana app for the entire journey from Delhi to Chandigarh and back. Jio's bandwidth + Gaana's collection is god sent for lazy people like me who haven't updated their pen drive in months

I tried to run the existing Gaana app in Android Auto today but couldn't find any option to integrate them. Even my Gaana playlists don't show in the Android Auto. Did anyone else try it? What am I doing wrong?
Old 28th March 2017, 22:50   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonstop-driver View Post
Recently we ran Gaana app for the entire journey from Delhi to Chandigarh and back. Jio's bandwidth + Gaana's collection is god sent for lazy people like me who haven't updated their pen drive in months
how much bandwidth is consumed for playing songs for about a hour or so?
Old 28th March 2017, 23:44   #7
BHPian

This is great move by Ganna. We simply love the Ganna experience with Android​ Auto. Now I don't need fiddle around to find the track, heck I don't even touch any button. All I do is say the magic word of OK Google followed by the song or Album and it plays the music.

To start the app in Auto just hold the music soft key on the Auto home screen and you will see the Ganna app in the list.

My only gripe is that after recent update the app is eating too much battery even when not in use. If I don't froce close the app after 30 minutes commute by end of day the app consumed almost 30% battery by far the most consumption than any other process.
Old 29th March 2017, 11:37   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kippu View Post
how much bandwidth is consumed for playing songs for about a hour or so?
I didn't check it was running on Jio's internet. I plan to buy the subscription and download some playlists over wifi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrahul View Post
All I do is say the magic word of OK Google followed by the song or Album and it plays the music.
Indeed. I've now setup Android Auto to turn on bluetooth automatically. So by the time I'm ready to go, the phone's connected to the car already. I'm trying to setup an IFTTT channel to turn on Android Auto automatically too. So if I'm not using navigation, everything works without using any manual input

Last edited by Nonstop-driver : 29th March 2017 at 12:00.
Old 4th April 2017, 13:15   #9
BHPian

Quote:
My only gripe is that after recent update the app is eating too much battery even when not in use. If I don't froce close the app after 30 minutes commute by end of day the app consumed almost 30% battery by far the most consumption than any other process.
I used Auto for over 5 hours at a stretch on Sunday while driving from Chandigarh to Delhi. The phone charges while Auto is running. When I removed the phone, it was fully charged.
Old 4th April 2017, 14:10   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Use greenify and it will kill the app if in background automatically. Greenify works with non rooted devices as well.
Old 9th April 2017, 12:20   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjumrani View Post
Use greenify and it will kill the app if in background automatically. Greenify works with non rooted devices as well.
Apps specially the paid one should take care of their customers. There are always alternatives and now that Google Play Music is here and cheaper than Gaana, I switched to it right way for my Hindi music needs. It's Gaana at loss and not the customer.
Old 8th August 2018, 23:16   #12
BHPian

Gaana.com not available currently.

I am getting this message on my Android Auto when I am trying to load the app. Anyone has solution for this ?
Old 21st July 2019, 19:01   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5kmiles View Post

Though I post rarely, I read team-bhp at least 5-6 times/week.

Cheers
Any idea when it will be available in apple car play?
I recently switched from android to ios and really missing Gaana on dashboard.

Although I can listen the songs through “now playing”, I need to access the phone to change the playlists.

Last edited by Alfa_Romeo1 : 21st July 2019 at 19:02.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks