Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th March 2017, 01:08   #136
BHPian

Re: VW Polo/Vento : Replaced stock RCD320 with RCD330 Plus + rear view camera installation guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj sulz View Post

Secondly is this canbus adapter available in India ( specifically Bangalore ) by any chance? Otherwise will have to wait 60 days for the new one to come from Ali express :/ and I'm so excited to get it working asap

Thanks
It would be with Vagtune on Hosur Road. They are doing business with a different name now. I have seen it on VAGtune website too but that's expensive.
Old 6th March 2017, 21:33   #137
BHPian

Re: VW Polo/Vento : Replaced stock RCD320 with RCD330 Plus + rear view camera ins...

Maddy, i have the Nov 2011 Vento AT highline model and i want to upgrade to the RCD 330 plus too. But, i am a bit confused about the need for a canbus simulator adaptor. Question is do i need one too ? Kindly help me. Thanks
Old 14th March 2017, 22:44   #138
BHPian

Re: VW Polo/Vento : Replaced stock RCD320 with RCD330 Plus + rear view camera installation guide

So after installing delay timer, rear view camera is working like a charm. I was busy so couldn't upload a video.

VW Polo/Vento : Replaced stock RCD320 with RCD330 Plus + rear view camera installation guide-carrearviewparkingcamerarelayfilterforvwrcd330grcd330gpluspassattiguangolftouran.jpg

Connection is pretty simple.

Connect BLUE to REVERSE.

Connect RED to ACC.

Connect BLACK to GROUND.

Here is video after installing delay timer to aftermarket camera.

maddyguage is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th March 2017, 09:34   #139
BHPian

Hi Guys,

Brilliant thread. Exactly what i was looking for. Need a lot of help from you guys as i am not that conversant with a lot of the terminologies here.

I have booked a Vento TSI in comfortline and should be getting the car by the end of the month.

Very keen on upgrading to the RCD 330G+

The questions i have are as follows:
1. I am guessing the parts i need are the HU, Quad connector and reverse parking connector. Considering mine is comfortline, should i also be getting a CAN BUS adapter?

2. The ops module i am guessing is for parking sensors. My dealer was saying that he can install rear parking sensors for about 4k and a reverse camera for about 10k. The video whould be on a clip on internal rear view mirror. If i get either of these fitted from him. Can i later have this connected to the RDC 330G+

3. I am not very confident of ordering either a camera or the ops module and fitting it myself and am guessing the dealer will be clueless on how to do this. So is there any good mechanic in Mumbai i can go to.

4. Lastly, Any order parts that i have to order considering mine is a comfortline and not a highline. What i want is ideally is for the RCD 330G+ to be fixed in the car with some solution for reversing. Either the park pilot feature of the rear parking camera with grid lines. These are must haves in a place like mumbai.

Thanks in advance
Old 15th March 2017, 11:59   #140
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevSoms View Post
Hi Guys,

Brilliant thread. Exactly what i was looking for. Need a lot of help from you guys as i am not that conversant with a lot of the terminologies here.

I have booked a Vento TSI in comfortline and should be getting the car by the end of the month.

Very keen on upgrading to the RCD 330G+

AVS tuning andheri can help you with everything right from sourcing the HU to the installation. If i remember correctly they had quoted me around 20k for the HU+Canbus adapter+reverse camera including installation.

Last edited by khan_sultan : 16th March 2017 at 10:00. Reason: Edited quoted post for better readability
Old 15th March 2017, 13:00   #141
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddyguage View Post
So after installing delay timer, rear view camera is working like a charm. I was busy so couldn't upload a video.

Connection is pretty simple.

Connect BLUE to REVERSE.

Connect RED to ACC.

Connect BLACK to GROUND.
Excellent!
Been waiting for this. Could you please share the link from where you bought it?
ventoman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th March 2017, 13:10   #142
BHPian

These items are gonna cost you below INR 10,000 and you should get them together from one seller and get them delivered soon by doing so. I think you are gonna pay more if u get it done from AVS
Old 15th March 2017, 20:56   #143
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neugal View Post
These items are gonna cost you below INR 10,000 and you should get them together from one seller and get them delivered soon by doing so. I think you are gonna pay more if u get it done from AVS

I agree AVS option is going to be more expensive. 10,000 may be a stretch as I will be getting the comfortline and hence have to get canbus simulator, reverse parking camera/ops module parking sensor etc along with the HU with normal wires. Add to that shipping charges if I want it in a hurry as well as customs.

So I would think including fitting if he can give it to me for 15k it would make more sense. Plan to go there in person and have a chat.

Or else, will check if he can do an install if I get all the components myself.
Old 15th March 2017, 22:21   #144
BHPian

Quote:
I agree AVS option is going to be more expensive. 10,000 may be a stretch as I will be getting the comfortline and hence have to get canbus simulator, reverse parking camera/ops module parking sensor etc along with the HU with normal wires. Add to that shipping charges if I want it in a hurry as well as customs.

So I would think including fitting if he can give it to me for 15k it would make more sense. Plan to go there in person and have a chat.

Or else, will check if he can do an install if I get all the components myself.
Hi DevSoms,

I have installed RCD 330G in my Vento TSI Comfortline. You won't need CABUS simulator. Since RCD 220 in Comfortline does not have CANBUS connection you can connect CAN BUS wire from Climate control unit.

Regards.
Old 15th March 2017, 23:02   #145
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by antardaksh View Post
Hi DevSoms,

I have installed RCD 330G in my Vento TSI Comfortline. You won't need CABUS simulator. Since RCD 220 in Comfortline does not have CANBUS connection you can connect CAN BUS wire from Climate control unit.

Regards.

Hey, thanks for the information

Did you do a DIY?

Have got either a reverse parking camera output in your HU or the ops module with park pilot?
Old 16th March 2017, 01:58   #146
BHPian

Quote:
Hey, thanks for the information
Did you do a DIY?
Hi DevSoms,

I was able to install it myself. I had posted details in the following thread

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-en...ml#post4068503

I have installed aftermarket camera (bought from Aliexpress), more details are available here

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-en...ml#post4093930

I need to purchase/install delay timer to resolve camera error which comes with aftermarket camera.

This is the OEM module in my Vento, you will have to replace this with 4K OPS module and run a wire from BCM to OPS module to get display on RCD 330. I am planing to complete this in couple of months once I get some free time.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-en...ml#post4114118

Regards.

Last edited by antardaksh : 16th March 2017 at 02:01.
antardaksh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th March 2017, 08:18   #147
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by antardaksh View Post
Hi DevSoms,

I was able to install it myself. I had posted details in the following thread

Regards.

This is quite brilliant. Will keep checking on the updates that you do.

I only feel confident about doing the DIY for the HU and not so confident about the reverse camera bit. Hence on the lookout for someone else at this point.
Old 17th March 2017, 21:31   #148
BHPian

Guys,
For those of you who have installed reverse parking cameras, have you installed the ones with the grid lines or without?
I read somewhere in the forum that people were disabling the grid lines.
But I was thinking that having grid lines is a helpful feature. Any thoughts on this?
Old 26th March 2017, 12:36   #149
BHPian

Hello Everyone,
We recently bought a VW Polo comfortline December 2016 model. I have been reading all the threads in the forum of Polo GT owners who have made many wonderful mods & have beautifully documented everything so that people like me can implement those mods using their ideas.
I have decided to add a few mods to our car which mainly includes swapping the oem radio unit with the Rcd330g plus, the VW rear emblem flip camera, central arm rest etc. I am planning to procure them from aliexpress based on the details given in the forum.
Since we own a 2016 facelift Polo comfortline, while switching to the rcd330g plus, which type of ISO to quadlock adapter do I need to buy? Pretty confused as the seller is asking me, which of the 2 versions do I need? Copying the link below.

Mods please note: pardon me if I am not allowed to post external links here & please remove it, if found inappropriate.

Experts please let me know which of the following I must go for:

1) this one costs 25$ :

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/RCD3...etail2pcDetail

2) this one costs 7-8$

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/OEM-...779549228.html

Also,Hope I can fix the rear emblem
Flip camera along with the unit. Do I need to get any other item to make it work.
Ordering on 28th. So I have a couple of days more to order it.

A special thanks to Gannu_1, maddyguage, Ganesh a.k.a. graaja for the inspirational DIY threads.

Looking forward to your replies.

With regards,
Bdn317.
Old 26th March 2017, 17:08   #150
BHPian

Quote:
Guys,
For those of you who have installed reverse parking cameras, have you installed the ones with the grid lines or without?
I read somewhere in the forum that people were disabling the grid lines.
But I was thinking that having grid lines is a helpful feature. Any thoughts on this?

If you followed my thread then you will notice that these cameras come with grid lines. But they come with static grid lines and not the dynamic ones.

If you want to keep them, just cut white/green wire near connector. It'll be provided in the instructions manual.

I personally don't like grid lines, so I connected white wire and camera works without grid lines.

It is indeed a helpful feature, but alignment of grid lines is a must. Because when you will install camera you will notice that these grid lines are little offset to centre line. It looks bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdn317 View Post
Experts please let me know which of the following I must go for:

1) this one costs 25$ :

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/RCD3...etail2pcDetail

2) this one costs 7-8$

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/OEM-...779549228.html

Looking forward to your replies.

With regards,

Bdn317.

Your car comes with CANBUS connection in HU, so you will just need ISO to quadlock connector i.e second one.

As I have explained this in my earlier posts, if your car doesn't come with CANBUS connection (i.e older models or trendline models) or you have Skoda cars, then only you will need CANBUS simulator.

Your car comes with RCD 320, which has CANBUS connection. So don't get confused. It's simple plug and play.

Regards,
Madhur
maddyguage is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks