Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th September 2016, 21:50   #16
Team-BHP Support

Re: Phone Mirroring and Conclusion

Quote:
Originally Posted by nova9 View Post
Thanks Graaja,

I do have Sygic, but its very poor compared to Google Maps, hence my quest to mirror the phone to the HU.

Please do send me the apk if you can.

Thanks!
Sure. I will try to locate the apk file and if it is there in the phone will send it to you.

Meanwhile, have a look at the below post in the RCD330 thread. It looks like the TBHPian who has posted this has got Google Maps to work with MirrorLink.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-en...ml#post4049301
graaja is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2016, 01:17   #17
BHPian

Re: Phone Mirroring and Conclusion

Quote:
Originally Posted by graaja View Post
Sure. I will try to locate the apk file and if it is there in the phone will send it to you.

Meanwhile, have a look at the below post in the RCD330 thread. It looks like the TBHPian who has posted this has got Google Maps to work with MirrorLink.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-en...ml#post4049301
Thanks bro, look forward to the apk. I have seen that thread and have also posted in it several times.. guess you missed seeing my posts.

The people who have got working screen mirroring of the entire phone is due to their phones creating a "home" button. Apparently some models of sony and htc do that, Samsung which i use doesnt.

And its still of no practical use as even for these guys once the car starts moving, the screen turns blank ( apparently some safety feature to prevent people using the phone when the car is moving.. guess like watching videos etc)

So still searching for a way to get google maps working on the head unit.

Mirror link was just marketing BS from VW.

Would think that navigation should be a very basic requirement for any car user and even cars like the sub 4 lac Renault Kwid come with navigation and we have to search for work arounds on a 10 lac car. Ironic isnt it
Old 14th September 2016, 16:15   #18
Team-BHP Support

Re: Installed! Audiosources DS611 head-unit in my Polo GT TSi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chethan B G View Post
Does the unit synchronize with the the operations?

For example, when the unit is switched off;

1. When we engage reverse gear, does the reverse camera come on?
2. In case of a incoming call, does the unit switch on / off automatically?

Sorry for too many questions, but I am sure that you won't mind, as always!!

Thanks for sharing!!
Hi Chethan, I tested both #1 and #2, and yes, the unit synchronizes well. Even if you turn off the HU, when reverse gear is engaged, the reverse camera image turns on and once you change to normal gear, the HU goes off again. Similarly, even if you turn off the HU, when there is an incoming call, the HU turns on and once the call is complete turns off.

No problems about the questions at all I am glad to answer all your questions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nova9 View Post
Thanks bro, look forward to the apk...

And its still of no practical use as even for these guys once the car starts moving, the screen turns blank ( apparently some safety feature to prevent people using the phone when the car is moving.. guess like watching videos etc)
Now that you mentioned, I have not checked Google Maps while the car is on the move. Will check it in the evening and update if the Phone Mirror in this HU also turns off when the car is moving.

I located the apk file in my cell phone. But I am not able to make any attachments to PM. PM me your email ID and I will mail you the apk file.
Old 14th September 2016, 16:16   #19
BHPian

Very nice and detailed review of an awesome HU.Thanks Graaja for sharing
I am really interested in this HU. But will it be fully compatible with my Skoda rapid ? Will the Car info functions and dynamic guide lines in reverse camera etc work in my car ? Sorry for being naive stupid
Old 14th September 2016, 16:44   #20
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapid_fire View Post
Very nice and detailed review of an awesome HU.Thanks Graaja for sharing
I am really interested in this HU. But will it be fully compatible with my Skoda rapid ? Will the Car info functions and dynamic guide lines in reverse camera etc work in my car ? Sorry for being naive stupid
The audiosources website lists DS611 and DS811 available for Skoda cars as well, with green backlight.

So, I guess it should work in Rapid. Car info functions, dynamic guidelines etc just require CAN bus signal. If you already have steering controls and if the wiring harness to the HU in Rapid has CAN signals, then these functions should work as well.

Which HU does your Rapid come with? If it is RCD310 or RCD320, then DS611 should definitely fit your Rapid.
Old 14th September 2016, 17:23   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Which HU does your Rapid come with? If it is RCD310 or RCD320, then DS611 should definitely fit your Rapid.
I believe it is RCD 320. Thanks for replying
Old 14th September 2016, 17:33   #22
BHPian

Re: Package Content and Custom Cable

Excellent review graaja. @ $450 this is a kill.

I've a 2013 Skoda Rapid and plan to procure this from audiosource.

Can you or anyone else on this forum let me know where I can get this fitted in Bangalore?

Thanks in advance.
Peter
Old 14th September 2016, 17:56   #23
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapid_fire View Post
I believe it is RCD 320. Thanks for replying
Quote:
Originally Posted by dspeter View Post
I've a 2013 Skoda Rapid and plan to procure this from audiosource.
First we need to check if DS611/DS811 supports Rapid's platform.

Another user in the RCD330G thread has mentioned that RCD330G does not work in his Rapid.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-en...ml#post4042629

I have written to the Audiosources to check if DS611 works with Rapid. I will update once I get a response.
Old 14th September 2016, 20:21   #24
BHPian

Hi graaja

I have also ordered an Android HU from Aliexpress.
1. Can you please guide me to a shop from where I can buy an adaptor to connect my car's stereo wire to the Android HU. The supplier has shipped two connectors for android HU, one which has open wires at one end, and another one which has an ISO connector. If I can get a connecor which can connect to car audio cable at one end and ISO connector at one end it will be awesome. My car is Wagon R.

2. A good shop where I can get this Android HU fitted. I need to replace the factory fitted audio system and also route the camera input to HU. I am not sure about a DIY.

Thanks

Cables Supplied by seller
Installed! Audiosources DS611 head-unit in my Polo GT TSi-htb1h7zfnxxxxxxuxxxx760xfxxx5.png
ISO Connector Pins
Installed! Audiosources DS611 head-unit in my Polo GT TSi-htb1kmi.nxxxxxx0xpxxq6xxfxxxv.jpg
Old 14th September 2016, 21:18   #25
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by PraNeel View Post
Hi graaja

I have also ordered an Android HU from Aliexpress.
1. Can you please guide me to a shop from where I can buy an adaptor to connect my car's stereo wire to the Android HU. The supplier has shipped two connectors for android HU, one which has open wires at one end, and another one which has an ISO connector. If I can get a connecor which can connect to car audio cable at one end and ISO connector at one end it will be awesome. My car is Wagon R.

2. A good shop where I can get this Android HU fitted. I need to replace the factory fitted audio system and also route the camera input to HU. I am not sure about a DIY.

Thanks
First you need to check what is the connector in your WagonR. Only then you can decide what adapter to get. Do you have a picture of the wiring harness in your Wagon R that connects to the present head unit?

Regarding shops to get wiring and to install, I am not sure about this. I am more of a DIY person Maybe other TBHP members from Bangalore may be able to help.
Old 14th September 2016, 21:44   #26
BHPian

Quote:
First you need to check what is the connector in your WagonR. Only then you can decide what adapter to get. Do you have a picture of the wiring harness in your Wagon R that connects to the present head unit?

Regarding shops to get wiring and to install, I am not sure about this. I am more of a DIY person Maybe other TBHP members from Bangalore may be able to help.
My car has a 20 pin audio cable. From where did you buy the ISO connector for your HU installation?

Snapshot from factory Fitted audio manual

Installed! Audiosources DS611 head-unit in my Polo GT TSi-img_20160822_203440.jpg
Old 15th September 2016, 09:36   #27
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
My car has a 20 pin audio cable. From where did you buy the ISO connector for your HU installation?

Snapshot from factory Fitted audio manual

Attachment 1554243
From the picture, it does not look like ISO connector. You will need to get a suitable mating connector to the existing connector in your car wiring and solder the wires from the Android HU's wiring harness (the one with open wires) to this mating connector, just like I did for the DS611.

I would suggest you to find a good auto electrician and get this installation completed.
Old 15th September 2016, 13:25   #28
BHPian

Quote:
From the picture, it does not look like ISO connector. You will need to get a suitable mating connector to the existing connector in your car wiring and solder the wires from the Android HU's wiring harness (the one with open wires) to this mating connector, just like I did for the DS611.

I would suggest you to find a good auto electrician and get this installation completed.
Yes the factory cable is not an ISO connector. There are several connectors available in market that can connect to car audio cable at one end, but have open ended wires at another end.
http://www.ebay.in/itm/car-stereo-in...MAAOxy7nNTSSA9

I am looking for a plug and play solution where a the connector can connect to car audio cable at one end and iso connector of Android HU at another end.
Since you mentioned you bought an ISO connector for your installation from a local auto shop, I asked you where I can get such connectors?
Can you share the shop address, they might have a connector that I am looking for.
Thanks
Old 15th September 2016, 20:50   #29
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Since you mentioned you bought an ISO connector for your installation from a local auto shop, I asked you where I can get such connectors?
Can you share the shop address, they might have a connector that I am looking for.
Hi, I live in Coimbatore and got the ISO connector from a shop here in Coimbatore. But I see that you live in Bangalore. That is why I said you need to check with Bangalore members for address of electrical accessories.
Old 16th September 2016, 15:07   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Hi, I live in Coimbatore and got the ISO connector from a shop here in Coimbatore. But I see that you live in Bangalore. That is why I said you need to check with Bangalore members for address of electrical accessories.
I have a friend who is from Coimbatore and he frequently visits Bangalore, so asked you.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks