Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th December 2023, 10:29   #46
BHPian

Re: Car Connect by Reliance Jio

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebikemaster View Post
The app and layout also looks nice. I am also planning to get this for my Jimny as well.

Do they mention anything about the subscription charges after 1 year?
Now the entire world runs on subscriptions, i dont want to add a huge amount there as well monthly to run this.
It’s 600 per year after first year l.
Old 20th December 2023, 11:33   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe367 View Post
I had a few doubts regarding the privacy policy for the product. Since they might collect data related to our location, driving style, distance driven etc.. Is it stored and processed locally in our mobile device? Do they ask for permission to send data to them for improving product or such while setting up?
While I don't know where the data is stored. We can safely assume that the data will be harvested by Jio for sure. Accurate user travel data is a treasure trove for a data hungry ad driven org like Jio.
Turbolove is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 20th December 2023, 12:02   #48
RDS
BHPian

Quote:
I had a few doubts regarding the privacy policy for the product. Since they might collect data related to our location, driving style, distance driven etc.. Is it stored and processed locally in our mobile device? Do they ask for permission to send data to them for improving product or such while setting up?
Absolutely and you must doubt!!

Sales today are based on data and analytics. All this intelligence, one way or the other, is going to get utilized especially in a country like ours where individual level privacy laws are still in infancy compared to say European laws. Execution is tougher still.

Further, a company such as Jio won't fight like Apple with any authority if tomorrow some authority asks for data without our knowledge. However, the other Indian companies also won't fare much better in this aspect.

I will look forward to someone sharing the privacy statement/agreement here if available, and we will know at least the data sharing happening here.

Last edited by RDS : 20th December 2023 at 12:04.
RDS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th December 2023, 12:20   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Had written a similar line of thought in an earlier post where it was more about connected vehicles, which all have some varying degree of these information.

Jio, being a part of a larger organization, might use it to provide services either to end users or other organizations. One service they can provide end users is to tie up with an insurance company (or start one) and use the driving metrics to provide a scorecard based premium.

Similar to how in few markets they provide discount is you have a anti-theft / tracking device installed.
HappyWheels is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st December 2023, 18:10   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manuggn View Post
I purchased new Jimny AT zeta last Monday and got Jiomotiv installed. Here is the quick summary.
This looks like a wonderful product for the price. At least better capability than what Maruti offers in Pro systems(except Jimny).

I was thinking of one more use case.

The dashcam I am using requires the phone wifi to latch onto if i need to retrieve some data from that. By mistake if I switch on the bluetooth as soon as I enter the car, the android auto settings won't let me turn off bluetooth and connect to dashcam. Is there a possibility, with this product dashcam and phone both can be connected to Jiomotiv network and phone can communicate with dashcam?
Old 6th January 2024, 22:57   #51
BHPian

Any comments on battery drain after ignition off? I know for a fact that my OBD2 scanner dongle stays on after ignition off in my cars. The LEDs remain on therfore indicating constant power to it. Albeit, the current drawn couldn't be too much to ruin the 12v battery if the car is used regularly.
Old 14th January 2024, 10:28   #52
Distinguished - BHPian

This is a question for Jio Motive users - Can the tracker be shifted between two different cars on use case basis?
Old 14th January 2024, 10:43   #53
BHPian

Might be a very noob question, but what is the use of such a connected device for the car for the car owner?
Old 22nd January 2024, 11:50   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi.mariner View Post
Might be a very noob question, but what is the use of such a connected device for the car for the car owner?
You get to track how far you travel, plus a lot of stats which are useful like mileage etc. If you are giving your vehicle to driver, family member or a friend you can keep track of distance and speeds travelled at.

Last edited by t3ofil4us : 22nd January 2024 at 11:51. Reason: typo
t3ofil4us is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks