Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th January 2017, 20:04   #31
BHPian

Reliance Jio to foray into automobile telematics this year

Reliance Jio to foray into automobile telematics this year

http://www.thehindu.com/business/Ind...le17054514.ece

Billionaire Mukesh Ambani’s telecom venture Reliance Jio Infocomm is planning to foray into automobile telematics with the launch of a device that will control vehicle’s movement and alert owner about fuel and battery through a mobile app.

“Reliance Jio is ready with a car connected device that will have multiple features like immobilise car at the time of theft, alert owner about car movement, locate car and also provide wi-fi within car. The owner needs to use Jio sim in the device to avail benefits,” an industry source said.

The company is in advance talks with automobile companies to launch it very soon.

“There are lots of factors that determine price, but price of the car connected device is estimated to be either equal to or less than its Jio’s mifi device which costs around Rs 2,000,” the source said.

With help of Jio’s car management device, the owner will get information about the way his driver is driving the car, the movement of vehicle can be restricted within a geography, switch on AC of car from any remote location, get alert of car break etc.

“Jio is working on the modalities on its sales model for the existing cars as well,” the source said.

The device and application has been internally developed by Jio but the hardware device will be initially imported from China.

“Jio has asked its device vendor to start making it in India after initial roll—out,” the source said.

Besides this, the company is also scaling up its fibre to the home project for which it is running pilot in some cities including Delhi and Mumbai.

“With Fibre to the home, Jio will focus on automatic entire home from entertainment to home surveillance to utility management,” the source said.

Jio has touched a customer base 7.24 crore and claims to be adding 1 lakh mobile subscribers per day.
rubicon is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th January 2017, 12:10   #32
BHPian

Re: Car Connect by Reliance Jio

If it really works as well as they claim, then this product is surely gonna be a hit in our market.
Quote:
"There are lots of factors that determine price, but price of the car connected device is estimated to be either equal to or less than its Jio's mifi device which costs around Rs 2,000,"

"Jio is working on modalities on its sales model for existing cars as well,"
Source:http://auto.economictimes.indiatimes...-year/56651322
Old 20th January 2017, 12:03   #33
BHPian

Kudos to Jio for entering this market. It would be very useful for us car owners, because this would standardise the process and make it simpler for everybody to track their vehicle data and share it among fellow vehicle owners. This would bring a lot of clarity about their vehicles and how it is performing without visiting service centers.

If you are a Jio user, you would know how great their entire service is. Jio apps are so well developed and designed from launch, data speeds have been very good (particularly after New Year), calls are almost immediate, 4G is available in the remote of places where other operators fail to provide even 2g services, using Adhar to verify credentials when getting a new SIM instead of submitting documents, photos, etc. They really seem to have hit the other operators hard, who for all these days have looted the customer and now are facing the heat.

Judging by the above, I expect this service to be excellent as well from the word go. Let's keep our fingers crossed.

P.S. Not a biased message in favour of Jio. This simply came out of me after all the experiences I have had with telecom operators over the years.
Old 20th January 2017, 17:39   #34
BHPian

I guess many of the features will depend on your car. for eg. not all cars allow control of AC via OBD (CAN).
Old 10th September 2018, 15:57   #35
BHPian

Has anyone got a Jio on their cars? Any review?
Old 17th December 2018, 13:56   #36
Distinguished - BHPian

Jio has released the Jiomotive app on Google Play Store but details are sketchy. It needs an OBD device to work, details of the said device is currently unavailable. Has anyone else seen this?

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...m.jio.jiomotiv
Old 16th January 2019, 12:00   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
Jio has released the Jiomotive app on Google Play Store but details are sketchy. It needs an OBD device to work, details of the said device is currently unavailable. Has anyone else seen this?

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...m.jio.jiomotiv
Yes, I also installed it yesterday. But it needs an external OBD device to connect. Do we have any suggestions/recommendation which hardware would work with this app.
It asks for an IMEI no. to connect to the device.
Old 29th March 2019, 11:04   #38
BHPian

Now that the app has been launched any idea when the device will be launched? I have been waiting for this device since a long time. Autowiz has recently launched a device with 4g WiFi capability but it's very expensive at 11k and annual subscription of 1200 from 2nd year onwards. Sim and data subscription is as per the choice of the user. I feel Jio will come with a far better offer and price. However can't wait for long and trust my driver all the time.
Old 27th May 2022, 16:05   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by patil View Post
Now that the app has been launched any idea when the device will be launched? I have been waiting for this device since a long time.

I feel Jio will come with a far better offer and price. However can't wait for long and trust my driver all the time.
The device is now in trail phase as far as I know, should be out soon.
t3ofil4us is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th November 2023, 12:37   #40
BHPian

eliance Jio launches JioMotive, an OBD device to make cars ‘smart’

Reliance Jio launches JioMotive, an OBD device to make your car ‘smart’ , Discounted Launch Price : Rs 4,999

https://www.reliancedigital.in/solut...r-car-smarter/

Jio has just launched JioMotive, a smart OBD device that can make any car smart in minutes. Whether you love driving or prefer to be chauffeured, this small device can change your commuting experience. And guess what? It’s a plug and play device, so you won’t need an expert to get started. Here’s everything you need to know.

Real-time Vehicle Tracking
JioMotive offers real-time vehicle tracking, allowing you to monitor your vehicle’s location and movement instantly. This feature provides you with realtime information about the whereabouts even when your friends or relatives are driving it.

Data Sharing with e-SIM
JioMotive is equipped with an e-SIM, which eliminates the need for an additional SIM card or data plan. It seamlessly shares data with your existing mobile data plan with Jio Everywhere Connect Plan. This saves you the hassle and cost of acquiring a separate SIM card.

Geo Fencing
With Geo Fencing, you can set up virtual boundaries or areas on the map. JioMotive will send you alerts when your vehicle crosses these predefined boundaries, helping you keep tabs on its movement.

Time Fence
The Time Fence feature enhances security by notifying you if the vehicle is turned on during specific time periods. This is particularly useful for ensuring that your vehicle is not being used without your knowledge, especially during off-hours.

Health Status Monitoring
JioMotive provides valuable insights into your vehicle’s health, including:

– Battery health: Monitoring the condition and performance of your vehicle’s battery.

– Engine Load: Tracking the load on the engine to assess its efficiency.

– Coolant Temperature: Monitoring the temperature of the engine’s coolant system for potential issues.

– Air Intake Temperature: Keeping an eye on the temperature of the air entering the engine for optimal performance.

You can even access more than 200+ Engine Diagnostic Codes to take better care of your car and save maintenance cost.

Trip Tracker and Driving Performance Analysis
The Trip Tracker feature records and analyzes your vehicle’s trips and offers driving performance insights, such as:

– Harsh Driving Alerts: Notifies you of aggressive driving behavior like hard braking or sudden acceleration.

– Rapid Acceleration: Monitors and alerts you to instances of quick acceleration.

– Over Speeding: Alerts you if your vehicle exceeds specified speed limits.

– Sharp Turns: Detects and reports sharp turns made during trips, which can affect safety and fuel efficiency

JioMotive is a device take vehicle monitoring to a next level. Features like real-time monitoring, health status insights, and in-depth trip tracking with driving performance analysis allows you to have a car experience even on your old car. All this can be done on your existing mobile data plan, which make the JioMotive a winner in the segment.

Price
On Reliance Digital's website, JioMotive is priced at ₹4999, a discount of 58% on the original ₹11,999 MRP.

Getting started
1.Download and Install JioThings App from Google Play Store or Apple App Store

2.Login or Signup to JioThings with your Jio Number, Click on “+” and Select JioMotive

3.Enter the IMEI Number from Jiomotive Box or the Device itself and Click “Proceed”

4.Enter your car details like Registration Number, Car Name (Set a Name for Your Car), Vehicle Make, Model, Fuel Type, Year of Make and Click “Save”

5.Plug the JioMotive Device into your car’s OBD Port. Turn Your Car On while next steps are followed. Ensure your Car is in an open space with good Jio Network

6.Tick Agree to the terms and conditions of JioEverywhereConnect Number Sharing Plan and Click “Enable”

7.Click on “JioJCR1440” and Click “Proceed” On the Next Screen

8.You Will Receive confirmatory message on Screen for Activation Request Received by Jio

9.Keep Your Car on for 10 mins for the device to get activated. Your data will start flowing in JioThings app in about an 1 Hour. In case of any assistance needed, please contact customer care on our Toll Free Number: 1800-896-9999

Last edited by rubicon : 5th November 2023 at 12:39. Reason: Typos
rubicon is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th November 2023, 14:21   #41
BHPian

I am using Autowiz OBD2 device for the last 4 years which has Airtel sim pre-configured. Is there any significant advantage of this Jio device over Autowiz ?

Car Connect by Reliance Jio-img20231106wa0004.jpg

Car Connect by Reliance Jio-img20231106wa0005.jpg

product link : https://www.amazon.in/Autowiz-Obd-Gps-Car-Tracker/dp/B018QFTCNG/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8
Old 18th December 2023, 11:23   #42
BHPian

I purchased new Jimny AT zeta last Monday and got Jiomotiv installed. Here is the quick summary.

I was looking a device for live tracking of car with basic alerts and jiomotiv fits the bill. Additionally it gives Wi-Fi in your car and you connect upto 8 devices.

Ordering the same was easy I ordered from Amazon and got delivered same day in Gurgaon.

I installed the JioThings app and setup the device was easy just connect the device in your car OBD port and follow the instructions on the app.

In order to use the device eSIM needs to be activated which takes around 1 day after you configure the device in app.

Once activated the app let you track the car real time and shows basic car details like - speed, rpm, battery level etc.

It also shows history of all trips with driver rating for each trip.

You can also jeofence and timefence the car.

App also give you option to maintain fuel logs and add car docs which is a good feature.

Wi-Fi speed is really good and it’s free for 1st year with the device.

Overall really happy with the performance and I think it’s a good buy.

Car Connect by Reliance Jio-img_4478.png

Car Connect by Reliance Jio-img_4479.png

Car Connect by Reliance Jio-img_4480.png

Car Connect by Reliance Jio-img_4481.png

Car Connect by Reliance Jio-img_4482.png

Car Connect by Reliance Jio-img_4483.png

Car Connect by Reliance Jio-img_4473.jpeg
Manuggn is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 20th December 2023, 09:29   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manuggn View Post
I purchased new Jimny AT zeta last Monday and got Jiomotiv installed. Here is the quick summary.

I was looking a device for live tracking of car with basic alerts and jiomotiv fits the bill. Additionally it gives Wi-Fi in your car and you connect upto 8 devices.
I had a few doubts regarding the privacy policy for the product. Since they might collect data related to our location, driving style, distance driven etc.. Is it stored and processed locally in our mobile device? Do they ask for permission to send data to them for improving product or such while setting up?
Joe367 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 20th December 2023, 10:15   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manuggn View Post

Wi-Fi speed is really good and it’s free for 1st year with the device.
The app and layout also looks nice. I am also planning to get this for my Jimny as well.

Do they mention anything about the subscription charges after 1 year?
Now the entire world runs on subscriptions, i dont want to add a huge amount there as well monthly to run this.
Old 20th December 2023, 10:20   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe367 View Post
I had a few doubts regarding the privacy policy for the product. Since they might collect data related to our location, driving style, distance driven etc.. Is it stored and processed locally in our mobile device? Do they ask for permission to send data to them for improving product or such while setting up?
No they don’t ask these details. I think these details are not shared.
Manuggn is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks