Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th June 2016, 09:35   #121
Team-BHP Support

Re: Transcend DrivePro 200 Review - Dash Cam / DVR

Quote:
Originally Posted by kabir3551 View Post
Hi libranof1987, I can gibe you some inputs on 220. I haven't used 100/200. I bought 220 in March 2016.
220 is retailing for ~ 13k; 200 and 100 for ~10k. So, apart from GPS tracking, 220 doesn't have that much of an advantage over 200, correct?
Old 19th June 2016, 14:14   #122
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
220 is retailing for ~ 13k; 200 and 100 for ~10k. So, apart from GPS tracking, 220 doesn't have that much of an advantage over 200, correct?
Well, if you don't want to speed up, you can set a speed alarm which reminds you once you cross that speed. I have 2 in my family and using it flawlessly. Search in this thread, you'll see my posts.

I'm using a DrivePro 220 for over 1 year and another one for 2 months.
BoneCollector is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th June 2016, 22:51   #123
BHPian

[quote=The very disappointing part, so far, has been the app (DrivePro New). - It just crashes on opening on my wife's iPhone 5C running the latest OS. I don't have an android phone at disposal. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to make this work on iOS?[/QUOTE]

Hi dj78, I faced similar problem where the Transcend app was crashing after opening. If you check or search the app in App Store, there are 2 Transcend DrivePro apps. 1. DrivePro 2. DrivePro New. Try to download the 1st app which is DrivePro. It is working on iPhone and I have used it without any problems.
kabir3551 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th June 2016, 07:39   #124
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Looking from a recording perspective, is there a benefit in the 200/220 over the 100?
220 - 130° wide angle, Aperture - F/1.8
200 - 160° wide angle, Aparture - F/2.0

Should the above 2 parameters influence your buying? - NO.

Quote:
Apart from the fact that you can transfer the videos over wifi (as opposed to wired connection to the laptop, I presume), how does the wifi help?
  1. Change Settings of your camera through your Phone
  2. View and Copy Files onto your Phone
Quote:
In our country where there barely are any lane markings, do features such as lane departure help?
Well, most of the roads today have well painted lane markers. There is no denying that the roads have tremendously improved in the last decade. Almost all the 4 lane roads have good lane markers and if they are absent, they are either faded or due to a new layer of the road.

A Bhpian from Bhopal picked up the 220 and was sharing positive notes about the lane departure warnings to say that the advertised functionality works!
Quote:
Also, what's better: the 3M tape or the suction mount?
My vote is always for the suction mount. So even when we ordered this 2 years back, we added the suction mount along with our order only because I was never comfortable with these adhesive tapes.

The suction mount is compact, well built and removable obviously unlike its adhesive tape counterpart. In terms of holding the camera in place without any vibrations I have had no issues so far.

Quote:
I'm planning to buy one soon so I'd curious about the incremental benefit in each of these.
For a little more than what 200 is priced, DP220 today makes sense for all those additional features.

GPS Parameters:
I need to know from the users of DP220 on the GPS usage here. Like typical Chinese Dashcams equipped with GPS, during play back through a conventional media player on your PC, all the GPS Parameters (Lat-Long, Speed, G-Force etc) can be seen at the bottom of the video. But if you play the same video with a proprietary software supplied by the vendor & if you are connected to the internet, it will display your position on Google Maps along with the Video which is very helpful some times. Not sure if you can do that with DP220.

Totally forgot to mention that 220 comes with a built-in battery that the 200 doesn't. However, I am surprised to see that the comparison chart mentions that all the models comes with built-in battery. Well I am aware that there will be a battery for retaining your settings and time but the the other models come with battery for back-up power for few minutes which is not the case with 200.

http://www.transcend-info.com/PR/eve...on_cvr_en.html
paragsachania is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th June 2016, 14:34   #125
BHPian

Hey guys bought myself the transcend drivepro 220 finally. I agree with parag the few extra bucks above the 200 goes a long way on features. I personally think the WiFi will be of limited use but it's the GPS that's the star of the device.
Old 29th June 2016, 18:43   #126
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinitbhavi View Post
Hey guys bought myself the transcend drivepro 220 finally. I agree with parag the few extra bucks above the 200 goes a long way on features. I personally think the WiFi will be of limited use but it's the GPS that's the star of the device.
How much did you buy this for and what channel? I'm about to make the purchase?

I enquired with a few accessories shops; they were clueless about what dash cams are. One wise guy even asked me to install the reverse camera on the front
libranof1987 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th June 2016, 20:59   #127
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Pick it from Amazon. By far the best place to buy the Transcend. Assured Genuine product as its "Amazon Fulfilled" and easy replacement too.

And nope, don't even tread anywhere near the accessory chaps. For them Dashcam is not even remotely close when it comes to sales as opposed to all the other Jazzy stuff. Your best bet is online portals only.
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th June 2016, 23:04   #128
BHPian

Quote:

I enquired with a few accessories shops; they were clueless about what dash cams are. One wise guy even asked me to install the reverse camera on the front

Hii I picked it up from Amazon USA and will get it next week. Parag is right, stick to Amazon they have genuine products with good return policy. I paid around 150$ as the prices in India were ranging from 13k to 18k depending on stocks and sellers.
vinitbhavi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st July 2016, 21:03   #129
BHPian

I am planning to go for this same model "Transcend 16 GB Drive Pro 220 Car Video Recorder with GPS" so was checking and found that the price is 20649 INR. on Amazon India I am confused if this is same model ? or they suddenly increased prices?

-Sanjubaba
Old 22nd July 2016, 06:21   #130
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjubaba View Post
I am planning to go for this same model "Transcend 16 GB Drive Pro 220 Car Video Recorder with GPS" so was checking and found that the price is 20649 INR. on Amazon India I am confused if this is same model ? or they suddenly increased prices?

-Sanjubaba
Ya, they've increased the price by a huge margin. My first one was for about 12K and second was for 9.5K. I'm also shocked at the new prices, even the Transcend 520 with dual camera was not retailing at such a high price.
Old 22nd July 2016, 10:07   #131
Senior - BHPian

whoa! that's a pretty steep hike in prices! just does not seem all that attractive now. i'll stick to my el cheapo $40 g1 knockoff :P
Old 22nd July 2016, 10:17   #132
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

-Sanjubaba
Both sellers who are retailing it for are importing it from USA, thus the delayed delivery and high prices. Wait for local sellers to list it again, i guess they ran out of stock.
Old 22nd July 2016, 11:16   #133
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
Both sellers who are retailing it for are importing it from USA, thus the delayed delivery and high prices. Wait for local sellers to list it again, i guess they ran out of stock.

Thanks for this information. Any idea if we can purchase it somewhere else like local shops. I checked couple of shops in Kothrud Pune area but they have some unknown brand cams.
Old 22nd July 2016, 14:33   #134
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for this information. Any idea if we can purchase it somewhere else like local shops. I checked couple of shops in Kothrud Pune area but they have some unknown brand cams.
I think only Amazon and earlier Snapdeal were authorized sellers. I've just checked on Amazon , there is a seller called RIEPL, he is genuine. Both of mine were purchased from that seller. They're still selling DrivePro 520 for less than 15K but looks like he hasn't got 220 in stock. You can go for 520 if it suits you. Or wait for 220. Another genuine seller is A1Price or something like that. After purchasing a Transcend Drive Pro, don't forget to get it registered on Transcend website. It's very easy.

Last edited by BoneCollector : 22nd July 2016 at 14:34.
Old 22nd July 2016, 14:49   #135
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I'd suggest you wait until it is available on Amazon. A couple of accessories dealers I asked in Pune had no idea what a dash cam is; when I explained, they advised me to buy a reverse camera and then place on the windshield facing outside.

I'm in the market for the 220 too; but at a sub-10k price point.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks