Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th April 2016, 09:55   #106
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Transcend DrivePro 200 Review - Dash Cam / DVR

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
I've faced same issue of missing clips but haven't found a solution. I even did a firmware upgrade which sorted out a few issues but this one remains.
Emergency clip goes in to a separate directory, not sure if you guys are talking about this one. Did you check both the directories that holds the video clips?
arun_josie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th April 2016, 10:00   #107
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
Emergency clip goes in to a separate directory, not sure if you guys are talking about this one. Did you check both the directories that holds the video clips?
You are right. P-Video is where all your emergency clips will be stored and N-Video is where your regular clips will be there/overwritten.

Based on your G-Sensor sensitivity settings, there will be cases where these missing clips will actually be getting stored in the P-Video folder.

Otherwise, its been almost 2 years now that I haven't faced this issue with the DP200 at all.
paragsachania is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th April 2016, 13:25   #108
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
You are right.

Based on your G-Sensor sensitivity settings, there will be cases where these missing clips will actually be getting stored in the P-Video folder..

Other point to be noted is when you go on rumbler stripes the emergency recording starts. Hence was very cautious while driving on NH48.

Have been using DP220 for the last two months and all is going well.
Old 13th April 2016, 13:39   #109
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by couswheels View Post
Other point to be noted is when you go on rumbler stripes the emergency recording starts. Hence was very cautious while driving on NH48.

Have been using DP220 for the last two months and all is going well.
Quote:
You are right. P-Video is where all your emergency clips will be stored and N-Video is where your regular clips will be there/overwritten.

Based on your G-Sensor sensitivity settings, there will be cases where these missing clips will actually be getting stored in the P-Video folder.

Its not the case with me. My G-sensor is mostly switched off in city because after trying all sensitivity settings, I found that due to pathetic roads in my city, the emergency recording of 15 clips would get filled in a day or two. I generally switch it on when on highway. Mostly a driver is driving the car in city so if anything I've to record,I push the emergency recording switch on the dashcam. I've been using it for last 1 year now.
Old 18th April 2016, 13:08   #110
BHPian

I am using DP220 since October, I am using the stock memory card that came with it, which is 16GB. I am looking for 32GB one, can you guys tell me which brands are compatible and which are you using.
Old 18th April 2016, 13:38   #111
BHPian

Posts merged on request.

Quote:
Its not the case with me. My G-sensor is mostly switched off in city because after trying all sensitivity settings, I found that due to pathetic roads in my city, the emergency recording of 15 clips would get filled in a day or two. I generally switch it on when on highway. Mostly a driver is driving the car in city so if anything I've to record,I push the emergency recording switch on the dashcam. I've been using it for last 1 year now.
I do have the G-Sensor enabled, but I do check that directory as well. BTW its a 220. Also the clips missing are not where there could have been an emergency situation. In the most recent example, the start from home is recorded, while I had stopped to close to gate, the clips after that are missing for a good 2 hrs.

I have raised a support ticket with Transcend, lets see whats their response.

Quote:
I've faced same issue of missing clips but haven't found a solution. I even did a firmware upgrade which sorted out a few issues but this one remains.
The support team has asked me to upgrade firmware to V1.10 (http://tw.transcend-info.com/Software/1373/). Is your firmware version the same?

Last edited by aah78 : 19th April 2016 at 00:55.
Old 20th April 2016, 14:31   #112
BHPian

Hi friends, I recently bought a Drivepro 220 from Amazon and installed it in the car. i have been getting quite a satisfactory performance till the couple of days. In the last two days i have noticed that at some points the audio gets garbled, although the video is clear the audio seems a bit static. Is it some problem with the DP220 or it may be because of some fault with the memory card.
Your help will be much appreciated friends
Old 1st May 2016, 23:24   #113
BHPian

I recently bought a DP220, and I am happy with it. But I am facing a problem, where despite choosing parking mode. No videos are getting recorded while the car is parked? Any idea why? Does get saved in a different folder?
Old 10th May 2016, 20:13   #114
BHPian

Transcend DrivePro 200 Review - Dash Cam / DVR

Hii guys I'm deciding between the drivepro 100 v/so 200 in addition to the wifi feature there really doesn't seem to be much difference. All those using 200 is the wifi useful / used often.
Also read 100 has a built-in battery whereas 200 doesn't. If so, doesthe date /time on the 200 have to be repeatedly updated.
Also on the 220 how does the GPS help . the additional features look promising like lane change warning, parking etc. Are they useful in the practical sense. May just go in for the 220 if all the functions matter.
Cheers!

Last edited by vinitbhavi : 10th May 2016 at 20:25.
Old 10th May 2016, 20:32   #115
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinitbhavi View Post
All those using 200 is the wifi useful / used often.
I use it very regularly to change settings, especially Resolution and Exposure. On need basis, I also use WiFi to copy clips.

Quote:
Also read 100 has a built-in battery whereas 200 doesn't. If so, doesthe date /time on the 200 have to be repeatedly updated.
No, you don't have to update time as that is saved through an internal battery like your alarm clock.

Quote:
Also on the 220 how does the GPS help . the additional features look promising like lane change warning, parking etc. Are they useful in the practical sense. May just go in for the 220 if all the functions matter.
Cheers!
All of these are worthy features for a little extra that you pay over DP 200.
paragsachania is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th May 2016, 21:23   #116
BHPian

Quote:
I use it very regularly to change settings, especially Resolution and Exposure. On need basis, I also use WiFi to copy clips.

No, you don't have to update time as that is saved through an internal battery like your alarm clock.

Thanks for all the information parag most probably will go in for the 220 now.
I also saw a detailed video about features / setting. Correct me if I'm wrong but someone earlier commented that speed display alone can be deactivated while still showing coordinates. That doesn't seem to be the case. In fact the option is between having entire GPS including speed/ coordinates to be on or off.
Old 8th June 2016, 11:38   #117
BHPian

Quote:

As for me, I managed to add another accessory socket in the front so that one is dedicated for the Dashcam and the second one can be used between Mobile Phone charger and GPS device based on needs.

Hi Parag - I was wondering how I can make use of the currently capped 2nd cigarette lighter outlet in my Dzire Vxi and then I came across your post. Can you pls. share details on how this mod was done?
Old 8th June 2016, 21:54   #118
BHPian

I have been contemplating getting myself a dashcam for sometime now for no specific reason - may be, simply, because it is cool to have one.
But since it is a discretionary spend other more 'rational needs' took precedence. Meanwhile, many fellow bhpains in Kolkata were acquiring the latest and greatest models...

Cut to the chase - one evening last week my license was siezed by Kolkata Traffic Police and a false case of jumping light was imposed as well. That's when I made up my mind to get one. So after a brisk research there seemed to be two broad options - get something dirt cheap from Aliexpress (some of the dash cams available there cost not much more than the memory card that needs to go in) OR get something (also made in China) but with the wrapper of a guarantee/promise of service and the whole shebang.

Decided to go with the later mainly for instant gratification (ironical considering how long I slept on it). So ordered the Drive Pro 200 on Amazon - http://www.amazon.in/Transcend-TS16GDP200M-Drive-Recorder-Suction/dp/B00VKNQ4EC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1465402098&sr=8-1&keywords=B00VKNQ4EC.

It is a bit confusing - I wanted the package that came with the suction cup mount and not the adhesive mount for obvious reasons. For some strange reason - the one with the adhesive mount costs Rs. 10,000 on Amazon (http://www.amazon.in/Transcend-TS16GDP200-DrivePro-200/dp/B00GRYT5QI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1465402254&sr=8-1&keywords=TS16GDP200) whereas I paid Rs. 8,798 for mine. The MRP on the package is Rs. 12,500. Even then I have a buyer's remorse now (may be the Rs. 1,000 ones on Aliexpress are as good as long as they last).

Moving on - I tested it today. Quality is decent enough for the purpose it was designed. I'll not attempt to do a review because this post has already done a great job of doing it and there are some fabulous videos on YouTube comparing various options including the various models from Transcend.

The camera runs quite hot. Not sure if that would cause it to fry itself over time. The charging cable is very long so it can be run along the panels and concealed. I see some hacking options like adding a power bank/motion sensor etc. etc.

The very disappointing part, so far, has been the app (DrivePro New). - It just crashes on opening on my wife's iPhone 5C running the latest OS. I don't have an android phone at disposal. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to make this work on iOS?

Last edited by dj78 : 8th June 2016 at 21:59. Reason: missing word
dj78 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th June 2016, 11:44   #119
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I've been searching the internet but I can't find a clearcut comparison between the three: 100, 200 and 220.

From what I understand, the 200 has builtin wifi over the 100 and the 220 has GPS, lane departure etc. over the 220 (and of course, some changes in the aperture).

Looking from a recording perspective, is there a benefit in the 200/220 over the 100?

Apart from the fact that you can transfer the videos over wifi (as opposed to wired connection to the laptop, I presume), how does the wifi help?

In our country where there barely are any lane markings, do features such as lane departure help?

Also, what's better: the 3M tape or the suction mount?

I'm planning to buy one soon so I'd curious about the incremental benefit in each of these.
Old 18th June 2016, 23:11   #120
BHPian

Hi libranof1987, I can gibe you some inputs on 220. I haven't used 100/200. I bought 220 in March 2016. I can say that, till now it is going great and I didn't face any problem. In fact on my trip to Ooty, each night I had removed the dash cam and again used in the morning. The video quality at 720p is very good. A complete 64GB card can record approximately 18hours of video. I did not face any problem. It is very easy to use. I have deactivated Lane Departure and Collision Warning feature as it is of no use in our country. Friends please correct me if I am wrong regarding wifi. I tried connecting my Laptop with the dashcam via wifi. I was not able to download or transfer the videos. However, when I connected my phone it showed/played the videos after the transfer on my mobile.

I guess 220 is available on Amazon in India. When I bought it, it was for Rs. 9642/-. At present it is touching 13k. You can surely go for 220. From Amazon you will only get Suction mount, not Adhesive alongwith the dash cam. Keep checking the price after every alternate day as it keeps going up and down. Also delete your browser history and clear cache before checking as the site keeps a tab on your search and follows your pattern of search.
kabir3551 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks