Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th December 2014, 19:52   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: Transcend DrivePro 200 Review - Dash Cam / DVR

In my Swift i have the wire go into the roof liner, then it comes down A-pillar behind the a pillar cover, then it drops down to the space behind the glove box and comes into the glovebox. I have the excess bundled and cable tied to the metal beam behind the dashboard.

I am waiting for the 12V power supply splitter which i will place inside the glovebox and the connector would be plugged into it out of sight. Right now it goes into the oem socket on the lower part of the dash.

I have a rear dashcam too and the cable for that is routed under the mat, then under the handbrake/centerconsole and then goes into the glovebox. Its currently not connected. Waiting for the 4 way splitter as i mentioned above.

For the rear dash cam it possible to install a 12V outlet in the boot instead of bringing the cable to the front.
Sankar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th March 2015, 14:33   #32
BHPian

Just ordered DP100 from Snapdeal "Transcend - TS16GDP100M DrivePro 100 Car Video recorder with Suction Mount - 16GB". The total price came to 8k (after 500 cashback applied).

Hope i made a good choice on the DP100

Would also like to know the comparison between DP100 vs DP200. I see DP100 having more pros than DP200 with suction mount coming for free
Old 16th March 2015, 02:17   #33
Senior - BHPian

Finally my Transcend DrivePro 200 at work under the roof of my fortuner

Transcend DrivePro 200 Review - Dash Cam / DVR-_mg_1529.jpg
trammway is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th March 2015, 02:44   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssengo View Post
Would also like to know the comparison between DP100 vs DP200. I see DP100 having more pros than DP200 with suction mount coming for free
Just got the DP 200 and have been using it for about a week now. This was after the previous one, a MINI 0801, gave up working.
Between the DP 100 and DP 200, the biggest difference is the price.
And for that price difference, you get WIFI on the DP 200. Apart from that, everything else is almost the same. The picture and the sound quality on both are supposed to be the same. DP 100 has a built in battery, which should help in maintaining the date and time on the camera, when it has not been used for long.
DP 200, has a wider angle coverage at 160 degrees, while DP 100 has a 130 degree coverage.
DP 100 having the suction mount free is an other added advantage. I had to buy it as extra for Rs 540/.
SirAlec has posted couple of videos from his camera and here is one from mine. As he had mentioned, the reduction in quality when uploaded to Youtube really shows, as the original quality is real good, and better when compared to the Mini 0801.
This is a 6 minute clip, with the first 3 minutes recorded in daylight and the rest during the night. Please use settings to increase the quality to maximum when viewing, as Youtube has the tendency to keep it at a lower rate for faster streaming.

CAPTAIN REX is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th April 2015, 14:10   #35
Senior - BHPian

Guys can the camera be powered by a USB inlet of a audio system in the car leaving the 12 volt outlet free for other purposes (eg powering a GPS device) ?

Thanks
Old 17th April 2015, 08:06   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
can the camera be powered by a USB inlet of a audio system...
Most probably yes- if your audio system has about 5V/500ma USB outlet otherwise you can invest in a cigarette lighter splitter for the car

-BJ
bj96 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 17th April 2015, 08:57   #37
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Guys can the camera be powered by a USB inlet of a audio system in the car leaving the 12 volt outlet free for other purposes (eg powering a GPS device) ?

Thanks
Yes you can and I guess you should be able to get the cable for yourself from the market as the DP200 doesn't come with one except for the Charging cable that goes into the 12V Accessory socket of your car.

As for me, I managed to add another accessory socket in the front so that one is dedicated for the Dashcam and the second one can be used between Mobile Phone charger and GPS device based on needs.

Transcend DrivePro 200 Review - Dash Cam / DVR-17-charging-02.jpg

How would you want to route the charging cable via USB Port as length would be a huge limitation when it comes to such cables I believe. The Actual charger is long enough to be routed from behind the roof lining and A pillar. Something that I also have adapted to to ensure cleaner area around the Dash devoid of any visible wires around.

Transcend DrivePro 200 Review - Dash Cam / DVR-dashwiring.jpg
paragsachania is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th April 2015, 12:37   #38
Senior - BHPian

Another question. Do you guys keep the camera inside the car when parked or remove it when leaving the car. I am considering the Drive pro 100, given it's bulky appearance it would not fit in the dash discreetly and invisible from outside, hence for security purpose i am asking.

Thanks.

Last edited by sumeethaldankar : 19th April 2015 at 13:06.
Old 19th April 2015, 13:58   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Another question. Do you guys keep the camera inside the car when parked or remove it when leaving the car. I am considering the Drive pro 100, given it's bulky appearance it would not fit in the dash discreetly and invisible from outside, hence for security purpose i am asking.

Thanks.
I too own Drivepro 200. I keep it attached to the mount when:
a) Car is in apartment parking.
b) Parking during shopping and mall visits and regular parking during errands.

The only time I remove it is when:
a) overnight stay at a hotel.
b) chances of car being out in the sun for long periods.

Regards.
rajivr1612 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 21st April 2015, 00:11   #40
BHPian

With the default 16 GB storage, what is the duration of the video that can be recorded ? Is there a way to add another SD card incase a longer travel needs to be captured? I know this would also depend upon the quality of video i. e. HD but with SD quality what is the max duration of recording possible ?
Old 21st April 2015, 06:50   #41
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgupta View Post
With the default 16 GB storage, what is the duration of the video that can be recorded ? Is there a way to add another SD card incase a longer travel needs to be captured? I know this would also depend upon the quality of video i. e. HD but with SD quality what is the max duration of recording possible ?
As per the manual I remember this with DP 200:

720p - 8h20m
1080p - 4h10m

This is for a 32GB card. I have tested this on a 32 GB card and the numbers claimed did make sense.

Last edited by paragsachania : 21st April 2015 at 06:51.
Old 22nd April 2015, 23:31   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post

720p - 8h20m
1080p - 4h10m

This is for a 32GB card. I have tested this on a 32 GB card and the numbers claimed did make sense.

Thanks ! Just ordered a DP100, waiting for the delivery now.

What is the best way to get an additional 12v socket as the DP would be using the one available? I don't think splitters are a good option. Any thoughts ?
Old 23rd April 2015, 09:41   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgupta View Post
Thanks ! Just ordered a DP100, waiting for the delivery now.

What is the best way to get an additional 12v socket as the DP would be using the one available? I don't think splitters are a good option. Any thoughts ?
Another alternative is to use a multiport car USB power adapter and use a USB to mini USB cable. Currently a 4 port 6Amps car adapter (Brand "Stuffcool") is available at Croma outlets.

I too have bought a DP100 from Amazon but am returning it and have ordered DP 220 from Snapdeal which is available at a cost of Rs 9874/- after discount.
Old 23rd April 2015, 09:45   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post

720p - 8h20m
1080p - 4h10m

Can you please provide the exact make and model of the SD card you have tested. I believe that all cards are not compatible with the device. Thanks in advance.
Old 23rd April 2015, 10:25   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adnaps View Post

Can you please provide the exact make and model of the SD card you have tested. I believe that all cards are not compatible with the device. Thanks in advance.
DP200 ships with 16GB card in the box. Transcend cards should sure be compatible.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks