Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st December 2006, 01:45   #466
Senior - BHPian

I am not changing any equipment!

I am just changing the configuration and reducing the gain...
Old 1st January 2007, 22:46   #467
Team-BHP Support

Hey novice why do you have caps and that too boss? do you need them? have you tried without them.

Also, I'm not sure but the amp does not look to be of a good finish.

How about the entire wiring. I hope its not boss wiring as well.
Old 2nd January 2007, 00:30   #468
BANNED

@Novice! You could've posted your details in a seperate thread or in WHAT ICE AT WHAT PRICE thread.

@ST. Exactly! But why??
Old 2nd January 2007, 09:32   #469
Senior - BHPian

Hi Zak,
Just as I said in post 458, I need to have rear speakers activated, so switching LRx 4.300 to 4ch mode. Anyway in 4ch mode also there is more than enough clean power for me so no point in bridging for 2ch.

The sub literally pounds enough to give a back massage at 1ohm! It is really low and you can feel it in your abdomen before you can hear it.
And all that damping does good job of keeping all sound inside and noise outside.
No doubt I am loving it to the core. But the only problem is that I noticed some pain in my ear recently and I take that very seriously.
So I am reconfiguring the sub for 4ohms and limit it to 350W RMS.

Also true to as I had read earlier, the sub has a little different sound charector compared to other Subs. It is quiet clean all the way!
Old 2nd January 2007, 11:41   #470
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
@Novice! You could've posted your details in a seperate thread or in WHAT ICE AT WHAT PRICE thread.
Hi ST7677, sorry for piggybacking my ICE pics on your thread. Could someone(TBHP moderators) remove my post from this thread, I will post it in a new thread if required.
Old 7th January 2007, 10:15   #471
Team-BHP Support

This months ACI has a mention of a scosche/EFX double DIN slot for the civic to replace the OE deck. The plastic dashboard mounting.

The shop is mentioned in bangalore as Kumar's Automobiles.
Old 7th January 2007, 15:47   #472
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ST7677 View Post
So I am reconfiguring the sub for 4ohms and limit it to 350W RMS.

Also true to as I had read earlier, the sub has a little different sound charector compared to other Subs. It is quiet clean all the way!
The amplifier's effective damping factor will also be four-fold. My only worry is, is that enough power though? For starters, couldn't you just trim the gain?
Old 7th January 2007, 18:05   #473
Senior - BHPian

Well just trying it out! If I do not like it, I can always change it back

More amplifier damping is good isn't it?
Old 7th January 2007, 23:22   #474
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ST7677 View Post

More amplifier damping is good isn't it?

Forgive my ignorance..but what is "amplifier damping"?? i know about damping in the car..for the resonance... do you mean the same thing??
Old 7th January 2007, 23:42   #475
Senior - BHPian

I think he meant the "damping factor" of the amp.

Quote:
The Damping factor is a property of an audio power amplifier, and is a measure of its electrical performance. It is a ratio hence it is dimensionless, and no units are ascribed to it.

Amplifiers with poor damping factor do not reproduce transients properly and suffer from transient inter-modulation distortion.

Such amplifiers also do not reproduce the bass correctly and add their own coloration. They generate frequencies and sound which were not originally in the program. Hence reproduction by such a setup is anything but natural. Usually a reproduction consists of a boom which is the resonant frequency of the speaker system. This unfortunately is louder than the rest of the program and overshadows the original music.

This is known as boomy bass which is characteristic of poorly designed speaker systems and amplifiers. For natural reproduction such speaker systems and amplifiers should be avoided.
Source: The damping factor

From Wikipedia...
Quote:
In loudspeaker systems, damping factor describes the ability of the amplifier to control undesirable movement of the speaker cone near the resonant frequency of the speaker system. A speaker diaphragm has mass, and the surround has stiffness. Together these form a resonant system and the cone may resonate in response to short audio pulses.
A high damping factor indicates that an amplifier will have greater control over the movement of the speaker cone, particularly in the bass region where the resonant frequency of the speaker system will lie. This damping gives a "tight bass" sound from the sound system.
Source: Wikipedia

Last edited by hydrashok : 7th January 2007 at 23:44.
Old 8th January 2007, 00:20   #476
BANNED

As of my repeated experiences with Anwar's installs, I've felt that he always keeps the gains a bit on the higher side. I assume it should be the same with you too. My point is that you can try trimming your gains down without worrying much.

I think it's high time you post the promised pics. Or are you going KB way here too?
Old 8th January 2007, 11:52   #477
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
As of my repeated experiences with Anwar's installs, I've felt that he always keeps the gains a bit on the higher side. I assume it should be the same with you too. My point is that you can try trimming your gains down without worrying much.

I think it's high time you post the promised pics. Or are you going KB way here too?
When a system does not become incredibly loud when turned up fully, it is sometimes useful to keep the gains on all amps about 10-15% higher than exactly what it should be based on the HU's pre-out voltage. This helps when the playback material is of a lower level.
Old 9th January 2007, 19:11   #478
BHPian

ear pain????????????
Old 11th January 2007, 11:34   #479
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
No no, I am travelling and do not have the car or the pics with me :(
I am not yet done with the final configuration, so in that sense my install version 1.0 is not finished yet...
Damn, This part of the year is really really hectic.
Old 11th January 2007, 12:18   #480
BANNED

Nice to know that You're going to post pics. No problem, we'll wait. Sorry for bugging you for the same.
Just that your ICE setup was so hyped up here that every time we see your thread, we jump inside to see the pics now.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks