Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th September 2006, 15:00   #226
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ST7677

1. I do not want to change my HU at all.
a) an Alpine adapter behind the existing HU to give lineouts (if it exists)
b) An external Speaker to line converter

2. I have heard lots of amps...I have decided to go for Audison
amps...I am looking at LRx series... Not sure if I need a 4 ch only or a 4 ch + a monobloc!

3. I am looking for a good SQ system which I can keep for years.

4. Front Components will be 2way 6.5"
5. Subwoofers - will decide after I decide the amp
6. Subwoofer installation - realized that in case of Civic there is a safety bar behind the rear seat, so it will be much more difficult to create a seal for IB install, so the option left is of sealed/ported custom box install.
Thanks
I dont see why an IB install is not possible even with thesafety bar. It is just a bit more complex. Still a sealed box will be easier in this case if you are willing to sacrifice the boot space.

I would suggest the LRx5/Srx5 as they has 5 channels. Adequate for 4 speakers and a efficient sub.

Have you heard any speakers you like? i suspect a set of 6" components and a 12-15" sub will suffice.
Old 26th September 2006, 15:23   #227
Senior - BHPian

Here is a picture of the safety bar, which get right in between of speaker location...

It will not be impossible but I think it will take considerable effort to do it. Also since the surroundings are carpeted, it will be difficult to seal it without altering the OE.

The other option I was looking for a Sealed/ported box at the side or the spare wheel well (if the speaker fits in, while retaining the spare wheel).

Boot Side image...

Spare wheel well image...
Old 26th September 2006, 17:24   #228
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Not sure if I need a 4 ch only or a 4 ch + a monobloc!
From what I heard yesterday, I think I would need a monobloc for a
powerfull clean tight bass.
(note: I have evaluated and I do not want to go for a 5 ch - due to lack
of power)
Thanks
yep, i would second that. you will need 2 amplifiers. if budget permits, get two 4 channel amps.
Old 26th September 2006, 18:14   #229
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker
the pioneer can do like 500 x 1 2 ohms
then it means that the pioneer is a pure VFM.....and it can satisfiy any user....
1.Pio amp's T/S may say this but i doubt it.Even if power ratings r correct,quality of sound will not be the same as comapred to any other high-end amplifiers,not just audison.After all watt is not just watt......

2.LBM,if i have a budget close to 1lac,i wont look for VFM option..

I was also looking for this amp for two sub in my set-up but i am not sure abt its SQ as it will be driving 2 infinty subw which r pure SQ subw.
Which other cheap option u would recommend to me?
Old 26th September 2006, 18:36   #230
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsjaurr
I was also looking for this amp for two sub in my set-up but i am not sure abt its SQ as it will be driving 2 infinty subw which r pure SQ subw.Which other cheap option u would recommend to me?
first of all the price you are comparing are the grey prices with the with bill prices...the pioneer would cost nearlt 15-18k if it is in bill . and the pioneer d510 is not a bad amp when compared to sq....it is a very good option If condidered a VFM option...If ur planning to get this amp I think you will not be disappointed as I have never listen that the d510 is a bad product....

One more thing considering a product with its manufacturer for its SQ is a very wrong approach.. First listen to the product then comment on it...

Also if a BLIND test is done I dont think even a Good Audiophile (not JB) cannot tell which amp is running......

here is a good read

http://www.talkaudio.co.uk/vbb/showt...threadid=18815
http://forum.elitecaraudio.com/showt...6&pagenumber=1

so i think If u play ur amp in a undistored way I think It can satisfy ur SQ need fully....

Last edited by low_bass_makker : 26th September 2006 at 18:38.
Old 26th September 2006, 18:40   #231
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
1.Pio amp's T/S may say this but i doubt it.Even if power ratings r correct,quality of sound will not be the same as comapred to any other high-end amplifiers,not just audison.After all watt is not just watt......
I'm sure you didn't mean to say the amp's T/S, but the specs!

Quote:
2.LBM,if i have a budget close to 1lac,i wont look for VFM option..

I was also looking for this amp for two sub in my set-up but i am not sure abt its SQ as it will be driving 2 infinty subw which r pure SQ subw.
Which other cheap option u would recommend to me?
[/quote]

RSJ, 510 is VFM since it is available so cheaply in the grey, that's it. If it were to have an official price, it would be about 20-25k, and at that price it's not worth discussing. You could get the Class D Alpine in grey.

Since it's so cheap, and it's SQ won't differ as vastly as between say two subs priced that apart, you could save on the amp and get better comps or subs. Unless there is no budgetary restriction.
Old 26th September 2006, 21:34   #232
BHPian

yeah B&T,i meant specs and not T/S.
BTW very recently i came to know what T/S stands for though i joined tbhp a yr ago.I always thought it to be techincal specifiction

as i said earlier,sometime i do get excited to the extent that i want to add my 2nd sub to present set-up but then i would need a amp which can give atleast 500w rms of clean,pure SQ power.Not only amp,but i will also need few other items like d-block+totally new box for 2 subs+4g power/ground wire+2nd sub wire.

Add all this and i will need atleast 25k more.....no way my wife would allow this especially now that all "social" transactions i make,have to be transparent.

Actually i am very much satisfied with bass of my system and gunbir has advised me against it,but when i see my extra sub lying at home,i start having itching.....now dont ask me where.

Last edited by F50 : 26th September 2006 at 22:01.
Old 26th September 2006, 22:06   #233
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Actually i am very much satisfied with bass of my system and gunbir has advised me against it,but when i see my extra sub lying at home,i start having itching.....now dont ask me where.

rsj I also agree with gunbir. If you want a good SQ system....then a single sub is more than enough to do the job....

If u plan to add one more sub get ready to change the front stage also....
Old 27th September 2006, 09:29   #234
Senior - BHPian

RSJ,
Why don't you sell your additional sub than spending 25k more on it (considering that you are satisfied with the sound)

LBM,
Whether the budget is 1 lakh or 2 lakhs you would still look at value for money in that segment, only difference is that the segment is different!

Ok now coming to D510. It is a very decent amp considering the price at which it is available, but I am always worried about the grey market stuff.

I have heard D510 and it can surely give lot of boom. From my posts you can see that I was totally for it, till I heard Audison recently!

In discussion here is the Audison LRx 1.400 AB amp.
(this is not Gunbir's recommendation, but I have heard it myself).
It can pump 350@4ohm, 650@2ohm and 900@1ohm

Now the benefits of this amp over pio D510 as I perceive are:

1. Pio ratings may be fine, but Audison ratings are underrated. And anyways This Audison can pump more.

2. It is an AB class amp so it will anyway produce cleaner sound than a D-class amp.

3. Actual, first hand listenning suggests that this amp is more musical than Pio.

4. It has higher damping factor than pio. So better control over the sub.

5. There are lot of internal circuits dedicated to percent overload and clipping to save both the amp and the sub. (this is broucher talk, I agree).

6. It is in white with bill and warrenty- peace of mind.

7. The other 4ch amp I am using for front are is also an Audison

8. Snob value and hence better resale value.
Old 27th September 2006, 10:13   #235
Senior - BHPian

oh and I forgot to add the most important point, I am getting a good deal on it
Old 27th September 2006, 10:30   #236
Senior - BHPian

rsj, buddy, sell your sub before it lands you in trouble!
Old 27th September 2006, 11:02   #237
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Here is a picture of the safety bar, which get right in between of speaker location...It will not be impossible but I think it will take considerable effort to do it. Also since the surroundings are carpeted, it will be difficult to seal it without altering the OE.

The other option I was looking for a Sealed/ported box at the side or the spare wheel well (if the speaker fits in, while retaining the spare wheel).
Spare wheel well image...
I dont see a problem. the you'd need some spacer the thickness of the safety bar. a spare wheel sub is fin untill you need the spare wheel then you have to call Sam or B&T to lift the sub tray. :-) alternately you could use hydraulics to do it but do you have the budget for this?

Quote:
as i said earlier,sometime i do get excited to the extent that i want to add my 2nd sub to present set-up
If you present amp can handle it why not consider isobarik. your wife wont even see the second sub and you can reduce box size by about 40%.

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover
yep, i would second that. you will need 2 amplifiers. if budget permits, get two 4 channel amps.
2 4ch. amps. that would mean he either biamp the front or go active for the front. then use the second amp for sub and rears. It would make for a symetrical look though.

Quote:
RSJ,
Ok now coming to D510. It is a very decent amp considering the price at which it is available, but I am always worried about the grey market stuff.

I have heard D510 and it can surely give lot of boom. From my posts you can see that I was totally for it, till I heard Audison recently!

In discussion here is the Audison LRx 1.400 AB amp.
(this is not Gunbir's recommendation, but I have heard it myself).

2. It is an AB class amp so it will anyway produce cleaner sound than a D-class amp. 3. Actual, first hand listenning suggests that this amp is more musical than Pio. 4. It has higher damping factor than pio. So better control over the sub.

5. There are lot of internal circuits dedicated to percent overload and clipping to save both the amp and the sub. (this is broucher talk, I agree).
Class AB is not nessacarily cleaner but could well me more musical. And you are right damping factor is important with subs. BTW almost most good modern amps have protection circuits (short circuit/current limiting, over heating, etc...).
Old 27th September 2006, 17:50   #238
BHPian

well ST & hydrashok,i cant find any taker here in my city [rather town].Nobody here would know the quality of stuff i have with me.[subw+dynamat extreme].My installer had seen dynamat Ext. 1st time in his life!!!!!

Actually i told my installer to sell it but i have not met him since i install my system though i will be meeting him soon fo '1st service' of my system.
Old 27th September 2006, 18:16   #239
Senior - BHPian

Ha, what is Team BHP there for!
Use the market place to sell it... at a good price your will find many buyers
Old 28th September 2006, 01:40   #240
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin
a spare wheel sub is fin untill you need the spare wheel then you have to call Sam or B&T to lift the sub tray. :-)
And you think I could do that with my bloated tummy?

I think ST7677 could easily fit a 10 or 12 in the corner of the trunk, just clear of the wheel well, and yet have sufficient internal volume.

Quote:
If you present amp can handle it why not consider isobarik. your wife wont even see the second sub and you can reduce box size by about 40%.
Also, he could hit some lower if he used the same sized enclosure.

Quote:
Class AB is not nessacarily cleaner but could well me more musical. And you are right damping factor is important with subs. BTW almost most good modern amps have protection circuits (short circuit/current limiting, over heating, etc..)
Class AB: Not necessarily cleaner, certainly less efficient.

But you cannot compare a Pioneer 510 with a LRx 1.400. The Audison is exactly twice the price of the Pioneer.

Also, has it been assumed that the Audison has a higher damping ratio than the Pioneer?

Quote:
The amp in concern has a damping factor of 200 at 4ohms, 1 kHz. At 2 ohms, it will be 100, and at 1 ohm, it will be 50. Since damping is critical to you (and it should be), you shouldn't run it under 2 ohms.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks